Did anyone else go to Record Store Day?

PickleSpears

21 hours ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

I really didn't want to be the jerk i'm about to sound right now. But why wouldn't you be happy with one copy?

It's an exclusive item that me and many people are waiting for since March ffs.

I always buy 2 of her vinyls, one to open and one to collect (and serve as backup in case I ruin the one I open). Record Store Day items sell out, people go early and line up early. You usually have to be really on top of it or you just miss out. I woke up early and went to 6 different places before I found a store that had it. They had at least 4 copies (maybe more) and I asked if I could get multiple.

The shop owner said people lined up for a while before the store opened and that their big crowd was gone after about an hour (when I got there it had been two hours since opening) and that at this point if they were still left then I could get them. So I did leave at least one if someone really wanted it.

But if they Really wanted it (like I did) then they would have already been out hunting. That's just how Record Store Day works. Also it's not illegal to buy multiple copies of something lol.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived