Ciara's "Rooted" music video is BLM summed up in 4 minutes!

This is why I love Ciara, she's so powerful and GENUINE! Unlike Beyoncé, who whatever she does is staged from beginning to end... (That has always exhausted me about her). So it's refreshing to see another talented artist who can tackle important subjects without being pretentious or be constantly working for her own brand.

This, on the other hand, gets the message across without making it feel like it's all about her... And all in 4 minutes, honestly. AND it looks beautiful and full of energy, just like Ciara.

I'm white as paper, so it's weird that I'm so attracted to this, but I feel like I can understand the sentiment.

The song is great, I love that bass and her vocals!

LYRICS:

Spoiler

[Intro: Ester Dean]
Better than rooted now
Mi seeds we did now
Mi rooted in the melanin

[Chorus: Ciara]
Young girl stay rooted
I done plant my seeds now I'm rooted
Brown skin poppin', I'm rooted
ATL bred, I'm rooted
Rooted, nappy head rooted

[Verse 1: Ciara]
All my songs come with melanin
Got the heart, got the soul like Harriet
A queen since she born, that was evident
That's evidence, of black excellence
I can tell a good dog when I'm pettin' 'em
Know that if I have his tribe, he protectin' 'em
Mother of a child and God I invest in 'em
Nutritionin', brown milkin' em (Brown milkin' 'em)

[Pre-Chorus: Ciara]
Young Rosa, young Luther keep marchin' (Yeah, yeah)
Flood gates comin' open don't stop 'em
I know that life it ain't easy (Oh-oh, oh)
Your life it matters, believe me (Oh-oh, oh)
Rule out the fakes and the frauds
They hide it behind a facade

[Chorus: Ciara]
Young girl stay rooted
Can't pull the hood out me, I'm rooted
ATL bred, I'm rooted

[Verse 2: Ciara]
All my rules stay embedded in
Hard work, let 'em know, ain't no trainin' in
Poppin' off the charts, that's a better win
Then poppin' off in the streets, ain't no checkin' it
I can tell a good dog when I'm pettin' 'em
Know that if I have his tribe, he protectin' 'em
Mother of a child and God I invest in 'em
Nutritionin', brown milkin' em (Brown milkin' 'em)

[Pre-Chorus: Ciara]
Young Rosa, young Luther keep marchin' (Yeah, yeah)
Flood gates comin' open but no it don't stop 'em
I know that life it ain't easy (Oh-oh, oh)
Your life it matters, believe me (Oh-oh, oh)
Rule out the fakes and the frauds
They hide it behind a facade

[Chorus: Ciara & Ester Dean]
Young girl stay rooted
ATL bred, I'm rooted

[Bridge: Ciara & Ester Dean]
Watch out boy
You think you can pull up out of my stems
Nah, mi rooted in the soil
Mi rooted in the melanin

[Chorus: Ciara & Ester Dean]
Young girl stay rooted
ATL bred, I'm rooted

SOURCE

Enjoy!

ciara.jpg.bf6a5079fafe86fbd7a9153d74bd05dd.jpg

• Love 6

Ciara is so incredibly underrated. This song is great and her single Melanin from last year didn’t get the attention it deserved, it was the song of the year, but it didn’t hear it on the radio even once. I loved and believed in her since her Goodies era, she so sorely unsung and inspiring. I know she’s definitely popular but she never get THAT MAINSTREAM acknowledgment. I Love Ciara, I don’t know if she’s been “cool” for a while but I’m into her. She’s what Beyoncé should be, she has character, integrity and great spirit. Im glad to see that she standing the test of time. Love her!!  :clap:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Love Ciara but this is so reductive.  Cashing in on that fake Beyoncé BLM opportunism.  At least the proceeds are going to a charity, but it won’t be much with this generic mediocrity.  

What? There's no way you can't see what I'm seeing... This video is full of energy, sincere, unapologetic. It's not reductive because it's not staged. And it may look "mediocre" among such expensive videos lately, but I guess that's also the point. Because you know what's really fake? Stating that all black people are kings and queens (and even pretending that all of them were good). This, on the other hand, is as real as it gets...for a music video. They just put well-intentioned black people to vibe in front of a camera and the result is amazing. Because people are amazing. Which is the point of the song. Period.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Ciara is so incredibly underrated. This song is great and her single Melanin from last year didn’t get the attention it deserved, it was the song of the year, but it didn’t hear it on the radio even once. I loved and believed in her since her Goodies era, she so sorely unsung and inspiring. I know she’s definitely popular but she never get THAT MAINSTREAM acknowledgment. I Love Ciara, I don’t know if she’s been “cool” for a while but I’m into her. She’s what Beyoncé should be, she has character, integrity and great spirit. Im glad to see that she standing the test of time. Love her!!  :clap:

COMPLETELY AGREE. I stan Ciara all day, everyday, she's so awesome and underrated!! Beyonce who?? I pay no attention to Beyonce because I love Ciara, have all her albums too!!! Love her too!! :hiii::thirsty:

• Love 1
17 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

What? There's no way you can't see what I'm seeing... This video is full of energy, sincere, unapologetic. It's not reductive because it's not staged. And it may look "mediocre" among such expensive videos lately, but I guess that's also the point. Because you know what's really fake? Stating that all black people are kings and queens (and even pretending that all of them were good). This, on the other hand, is as real as it gets...for a music video. They just put well-intentioned black people to vibe in front of a camera and the result is amazing. Because people are amazing. Which is the point of the song. Period.

Standing in southern fields with tall grass behind you in your church clothes, singing about your love of nappy hair and brown skin, with clips of dancers in wakanda t-shirts.  Now where have I seen this before?

This is Formation Lite.  Which is to say, taking everything superficial about being black, so you can fashion yourself after the lowest denominator of Maya Angelu while Democratic Party slogans flash across the screen alongside a showcase of Afro-centric hairstyles in a display of disingenuous corporate wokeness.   It’s a cheap Disney-fied marketing of BLM.  

Anyone who thinks this video or song is groundbreaking is just virtue signaling to other whites, competing for good girl points.

:flop:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.