Ciara's "Rooted" music video is BLM summed up in 4 minutes!

8 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Art is supposed to reflect the times. If you want to have an "escape" you still have that option through other songs and Artists. But don't you think it's slightly problematic for you to want artists (in this case black artists) to stay silent on issues that effect them and their people? 

They're not being silent tho. Just turn on your TV or go on Twitter. Most people don't care about black lives matter or blue lives matter, the average person just wants to go to work and earn a living for themselves and their family, they aren't concerned with some over-the-top exaggerated social movements. Don't let the media, celebrities, politicians, or athletes tell you how to think or what to believe. The elite are perpetuating racism as a divide and conquer strategy. Poor white man look at your enemy "the black man"..Poor black man look at your enemy "the white man". Never to get together to see the true enemy " the rich elite". Notice how this happens everytime there's an election? 

People should talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities instead of our differences. Because that's all you ever hear about in our mass medias. It's our differences. That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about : the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the money. Fairly simple thing.

Happens to work. You know? Anything different. That's what they're gonna talk about--race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

They're not being silent tho. Just turn on your TV or go on Twitter. Most people don't care about black lives matter or blue lives matter, the average person just wants to go to work and earn a living for themselves and their family, they aren't concerned with some over-the-top exaggerated social movements. Don't let the media, celebrities, politicians, or athletes tell you how to think or what to believe. The elite are perpetuating racism as a divide and conquer strategy. Poor white man look at your enemy "the black man"..Poor black man look at your enemy "the white man". Never to get together to see the true enemy " the rich elite". Notice how this happens everytime there's an election? 

People should talk about some things that bring us together, things that point out our similarities instead of our differences. Because that's all you ever hear about in our mass medias. It's our differences. That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about : the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the money. Fairly simple thing.

Happens to work. You know? Anything different. That's what they're gonna talk about--race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything they can do to keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank. 

The fact that most people don't care is the reason why it needs to be brought up. "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."- Desmond Tutu. And for you to think that racism is simply a "divide and conquer" strategy is disrespectful to the people of color who experience it on interpersonal and systematic levels and is divorced from the reality that we live in. Police brutality isn't a "divide and conquer" strategy; it's systemic racism. To say the enemy is the "rich elite" is an oversimplification of the issues in this country. Classism is a real thing and should definitely be addressed, but it's existence doesn't mean other things aren't as important. 

11 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Beyoncé's message is "good" because it promotes black excellence and is a counter narrative to the consistent portrayals of black people as slaves and criminals. But I'd like to ask you why is it my responsibility to explain to you why her message is "good" when it isn't specifically nor will you be able to ever fully understand it. And Beyoncé promoted Black Lives Matter without the use of royalty imagery with Lemonade. She chose to use that imagery with BLACK IS KING though and there's nothing wrong with that because there SHOULD be multiple narratives on black excellence and the royalty perspective is just as valid as any other. There isn't one way to empower black people. And (some) black people do come from kings and queens so it isn't "delusional". Because of slavery I will never know if my ancestors were princes or paupers but I'm not delusional for imagining they were the former. The issue isn't black people saying they're descendants of royalty but the fact that we've been robbed of the opportunity to know either way. Also, in BLACK IS KING it is explicitly stated that being a "King" is a mentality that comes from taking care of the people you love and yourself rather than an inherited status.And why is it an issue for Beyoncé to brand herself as perfect when that has been a standard of all pop divas until this decade. And contrary to popular belief Beyoncé has only tried to tell people that she ISN'T perfect (that was one of the primary themes of her self titled album). Anyone who's actually MET Beyoncé has said she's extremely humble. The general public just has a habit confuse a star's persona with their personality. "Perfection is the disease of a nation"- Beyoncé. And also, who are YOU to say what is and what isn't good for the Black Lives Matter Movement? And I don't use Twitter; I use encyclopedias, research, and my own black experience to form my views. And the sheer fact that you branded my calm criticism of your statements as me jumping on someone is an example of white fragility itself. I have only explained why your view point is wrong and partially offensive. You have responded to me with profanity and accused me of acting "superior" because I'm black (essentially accusing me of reverse racism which isn't a thing). So tell me know, who really jumped on who?

I understand what you mean now...
I guess my problem with Beyoncé has to do with double standards... And more about what she causes than where she comes from.
About you not having to explain yourself or the BLM movement, I had a similar experience with a feminist friend before, and I understand you not having the responsibility (and the burden) to do so, but at the same time it doesn't make complete sense to me (especially me being a teacher): how do people learn if they are not taught? Of course, we have the senses and personal experiences and even common sense to learn about the world, but knowledge is also a social construct so at some point it has to be shared.
About pop divas being perfect, that's why I love Britney so profoundly AND consciously now as an adult, because even though she was branded as perfect like all the rest, she herself ditched that imposition, and that's a healthier way of interacting with others.
I do think that some words that are being used are not smart or even well-intentioned. People clearly have the right to use them, but I don't think they'll be effective in the end. I mean words like "ally" and "white fragility". If you're an ally, then there's also an enemy, and bands are being formed. I understand that there are times when politeness doesn't solve things, and a loud voice or even force needs to be used (because the establishment won't give anything away, even if it isn't theirs in the first place), but in the long run these words also create a separation that becomes part of the discourse, and that teaches a new kind of hate to new generations. And about "white fragility", you shared a definition ("discomfort and defensiveness on the part of a white person when confronted by information about racial inequality and injustice") which I don't think is accurate nor innocent. I think that with that phrase they mean anybody's natural response when their belief system is confronted, but without context it's racist. Fragilty is NOT discomfort and defensivess, it's an obvious reaction (and even healthy if the change is for the better). Maybe you could say that any reaction by anybody is valid (especially by black people for the centuries of abuse by white people), and there's definitely a time and a process for change, but it's also a thin line between defending your beliefs (because your life and the life of your friends and family depend on it) and creating an environment of renewed hatred. Besides, just like there's been for ages this toxic idea of white superiority, there's also an undeniable and underlying discourse of black race being genetically superior (which is different than popular or desireable or privileged), even within the black community itself, so that to me raises a red flag, because having the natural right to defend and promote yourself doesn't mean you aren't free of making new mistakes too.

Having said all that... I am genuinely sorry for being harsh with my words. And thanks for your reply.

2 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I agree with you that this is a power struggle managed by a greedy rich elite, but before solving a problem from its roots you have to denounce the injustices. Only then you can start seeing eye to eye.

8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I understand what you mean now...
I guess my problem with Beyoncé has to do with double standards... And more about what she causes than where she comes from.
About you not having to explain yourself or the BLM movement, I had a similar experience with a feminist friend before, and I understand you not having the responsibility (and the burden) to do so, but at the same time it doesn't make complete sense to me (especially me being a teacher): how do people learn if they are not taught? Of course, we have the senses and personal experiences and even common sense to learn about the world, but knowledge is also a social construct so at some point it has to be shared.
About pop divas being perfect, that's why I love Britney so profoundly AND consciously now as an adult, because even though she was branded as perfect like all the rest, she herself ditched that imposition, and that's a healthier way of interacting with others.
I do think that some words that are being used are not smart or even well-intentioned. People clearly have the right to use them, but I don't think they'll be effective in the end. I mean words like "ally" and "white fragility". If you're an ally, then there's also an enemy, and bands are being formed. I understand that there are times when politeness doesn't solve things, and a loud voice or even force needs to be used (because the establishment won't give anything away, even if it isn't theirs in the first place), but in the long run these words also create a separation that becomes part of the discourse, and that teaches a new kind of hate to new generations. And about "white fragility", you shared a definition ("discomfort and defensiveness on the part of a white person when confronted by information about racial inequality and injustice") which I don't think is accurate nor innocent. I think that with that phrase they mean anybody's natural response when their belief system is confronted, but without context it's racist. Fragilty is NOT discomfort and defensivess, it's an obvious reaction (and even healthy if the change is for the better). Maybe you could say that any reaction by anybody is valid (especially by black people for the centuries of abuse by white people), and there's definitely a time and a process for change, but it's also a thin line between defending your beliefs (because your life and the life of your friends and family depend on it) and creating an environment of renewed hatred. Besides, just like there's been for ages this toxic idea of white superiority, there's also an undeniable and underlying discourse of black race being genetically superior (which is different than popular or desireable or privileged), even within the black community itself, so that to me raises a red flag, because having the natural right to defend and promote yourself doesn't mean you aren't free of making new mistakes too.

Having said all that... I am genuinely sorry for being harsh with my words. And thanks for your reply.

I definitely can see that. With any artist, especially one as big as Beyoncé, there are bound to be positive and negative effects from everything they do (like the Instagram Beyhive). I can partially agree on your stance on teaching to. Like I have no problem with teaching I just have a problem when people feel entitled to me teaching them. I feel like there should be a space in the Movement for people to teach but I also understand that it's not necessary because the same way I as a man learned about feminism by reading books, articles etc. the same way a white person can learn about being an anti-racist. And I think there needs to be an enemy if we want true change. Part of the reason racism still exists is because of the LACK of allies and the commitment to respectability politics. I don't think that that will create a new breed of hatred because the enemy isn't a people group but an ideology and a system. Though your point on white fragility definitely makes sense though. White fragility technically is just a form of cognitive dissonance. But I still think it's necessary to discuss. And I can definitely agree that there is a vocal minority in my community that are very delusional, ignorant and prejudiced. But with that being said, those people are made fun of and not taken seriously by the rest of us. And you're a teacher?! I have a high regard and respect for that profession. What do you teach?

10 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

I definitely can see that. With any artist, especially one as big as Beyoncé, there are bound to be positive and negative effects from everything they do (like the Instagram Beyhive). I can partially agree on your stance on teaching to. Like I have no problem with teaching I just have a problem when people feel entitled to me teaching them. I feel like there should be a space in the Movement for people to teach but I also understand that it's not necessary because the same way I as a man learned about feminism by reading books, articles etc. the same way a white person can learn about being an anti-racist. And I think there needs to be an enemy if we want true change. Part of the reason racism still exists is because of the LACK of allies and the commitment to respectability politics. I don't think that that will create a new breed of hatred because the enemy isn't a people group but an ideology and a system. Though your point on white fragility definitely makes sense though. White fragility technically is just a form of cognitive dissonance. But I still think it's necessary to discuss. And I can definitely agree that there is a vocal minority in my community that are very delusional, ignorant and prejudiced. But with that being said, those people are made fun of and not taken seriously by the rest of us. And you're a teacher?! I have a high regard and respect for that profession. What do you teach?

That's exactly what my friend told me, that she had spent time and effort learning about feminism, so I should do the same. But I wasn't demanding her to teach me, I actually reached out to her with a few honest questions, and she refused to take the time, which baffled me... I guess it wasn't the right time?

Yes, I'm a teacher. I teach English as a second language omg now I can't make evident grammar or spelling mistakes :kidcries:

30 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That's exactly what my friend told me, that she had spent time and effort learning about feminism, so I should do the same. But I wasn't demanding her to teach me, I actually reached out to her with a few honest questions, and she refused to take the time, which baffled me... I guess it wasn't the right time?

Yes, I'm a teacher. I teach English as a second language omg now I can't make evident grammar or spelling mistakes :kidcries:

I think that as your friend they should've answered your question. Lol that's really cool. My cousin teaches English in Spain. 

6 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

I think that as your friend they should've answered your question. Lol that's really cool. My cousin teaches English in Spain. 

Well she wasn't a real friend... just a classmate. But, you know, you can't get further in a relationship if you act that *****y...
I teach in Argentina!

• Like 1
On 8/27/2020 at 2:49 PM, Deyonce said:

The fact that most people don't care is the reason why it needs to be brought up. "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."- Desmond Tutu. And for you to think that racism is simply a "divide and conquer" strategy is disrespectful to the people of color who experience it on interpersonal and systematic levels and is divorced from the reality that we live in. Police brutality isn't a "divide and conquer" strategy; it's systemic racism. To say the enemy is the "rich elite" is an oversimplification of the issues in this country. Classism is a real thing and should definitely be addressed, but it's existence doesn't mean other things aren't as important. 

When you have big corporations, brands, mainstream pop culture figures and big influencers that support your movement, stop pretending that your movement is anti-system. It's pure propaganda. This is being pushed on us. People shouldn't be forced to care about it. People who aren't racist and treat people equally don't feel the need to virtue signal and scream about not being racist. The media has people hating themselves and jumping through hoops to prove their virtue and it's one of the saddest and dumbest things I've ever seen.  I'm tired of all of this fake, MSM-sponsored, corporate backed, politically convenient, phony virtue-signaling ****show that is trying to brainwash you into thinking you're a racist. Tired of movements who are being used as a political weapon. Don't let them brainwash you with their bots and useful idiots. You don't need to scream online or join a riot to prove you see people as people. None of these things are about helping black people or fighting inequality. Not one.

Black issues are being used as a mass manipulation tool, i wish the black community would open their eyes and realise that they're puppet for the globalist agenda. You really think those politicians care about black issues? They only care if it's beneficial for them. Black issues are indeed important, but what about human trafficking? Why aren't we focusing on that too? 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block