This Day in Pop: Britney releases Lucky single in 2000 (August 8)

7 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Lucky was playing at Lucky’s today :enigma:

When I was in Vegas, I was walking down the strip and I passed in front of a random clothing store. It wasn't even related to Planet Hollywood or anything, and I don't know how I managed to spot the Lucky video on their screens (given my poor vision) so I entered just to watch it. And the employees were like "were you looking for something in particular?" and I said "no, I just saw the Britney video from outside" and pointed to the screen, and they were like "oh, didn't notice, cool" and they were like "do you want a chair?" and I was like noo :embarrassed: how embarrassing, but I stood there until the video was over.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t believe this masterpiece is 20 years old. :crying4: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. The underlying 60s pop melody transformed contagious bubblegum pop. Literally notorious for being the ultimate Britney throwback song while also feeling very autobiographical and self-reflective to not only Britney herself but the dark side of fame. A pop staple. We stan Lucky in this house.  :mimiclap: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1