What Are Some EDM Tracks That Defined The Genre For You? [Updated With Spotify Playlist]

• Super Mods

And the German version, which, personally, I find much better :mhm: 

Seeing this music video after a long time, I must admit I'm really glad we're pass the cringy look men in the early 2000s had :orangu: Horribly bleached hair, awfully plucked eyebrows and the ****tiest tattos possible :gloria: The hipster lumberjack fashion truly saved us 

• Haha 2

this thread is already 19 pages long - I didn't look through it all! so I apologize if these have been posted!

EDM blew up when I was about 20 - just in time for me to get into the rave scene. I went hard with the music and the partying and the ***** (I'm sober now) but it was a wild few years. 

but I loved Deniz Koyu.....omg I would go crazy for his tracks.....I still use them at the gym lol

Porter Robinson was another guy who was more dubsteppy 

This song was ******* LLLLIIITTTTT

this was probably the first EDM song I got into 

and Calvin Harris obv...

I was really into Avicii before he went mainstream and omg this song remains one of my fave songs of all time.....

I could totally go on......I didn't even start with SHM & Deadmau5 lol :D :D :D I'm def gonna go through this thread 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, MX3 said:

this thread is already 19 pages long - I didn't look through it all! so I apologize if these have been posted!

EDM blew up when I was about 20 - just in time for me to get into the rave scene. I went hard with the music and the partying and the ***** (I'm sober now) but it was a wild few years. 

but I loved Deniz Koyu.....omg I would go crazy for his tracks.....I still use them at the gym lol

Porter Robinson was another guy who was more dubsteppy 

This song was ******* LLLLIIITTTTT

this was probably the first EDM song I got into 

and Calvin Harris obv...

I was really into Avicii before he went mainstream and omg this song remains one of my fave songs of all time.....

I could totally go on......I didn't even start with SHM & Deadmau5 lol :D :D :D I'm def gonna go through this thread 

Love all your picks and these artists! I’ve seen most of them live! So Calvin Harris’ You Used To Hold Me inspired this topic and should’ve been on my OP, but decided to go with other ones. As far as Avicii I remember knowing him as Tim Berg and being shook when I found out they were the same person. Happens a lot with DJs :queenie:

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Itachi said:

not sure if these have been posted:

Nope all your picks are new and happy you included them! This thread is making me realize how dominant the genre was in shaping my taste in music. I’ve listened to and have most of these songs on playlists and bringing so many memories of festivals and house parties/clubs :mcry:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.