Step to me is the rarest of all the Spice girls songs

Spicechinodiva

In 1997. The Spice girls signed the biggest sponsorship deal with Pepsi. To this day no other Pepsi deal has matched The Spice girls deal. The contract is estimated a whopping 100 Million dollars..

That contract includes An exclusive Istanbul concert (The biggest pay per view Non sports event to date is The Spice girls showtime Pay per view concert from Istanbul, Turkey)

Exclusive music. 

MOVE OVER (generation next) was one of the two campaign songs. It was even included on Spiceworld.

But one Song still to this day. Outside of Japan where the Pepsi deal didn't cover that region. 

Step to me is the most highly sought track that fans want on streaming and digital platforms.  But the biggest problem is. VIRGIN AND THE GIRLS SOLD THE RIGHTS TO THE SONG TO PEPSI. 

THAT'S THE BIGGEST BLOCK. Pepsi is refusing Step to me to be released.

The single was given away for free. All you had to do was send 20 Pink Can opener rings. To get the Single with exclusive remixes. Even Melanie C reveals. Hadvthe girls read the contracts throughly they wouldn't have given a song rights away..

Still to this day. It's only available in the Japanese version of Spiceworld as a bonus track

Oddly It's after Move over. 

Placing it as track 7 on the Japan edition. 

Enjoy the most highly sought track of their catalog. Had they known that Pepsi woukd be the owners of this track. They wouldn't have signed the deal. But The Spice girls are still considered champions in the sponsorship ring. As their total sponsorship deals basically range close to 2 billion dollars. A number that is most likely not to be seen in today's music industry 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived