Pregnant elephant dies after eating 'firecracker fruit'

This photograph taken on May 27, 2020 shows policemen and onlookers standing on the banks of the Velliyar River in Palakkad district of Kerala state as a dead wild elephant (C), which was pregnant, is retrieved following injuries caused when locals fed the elephant a pineapple filled with firecrackers as it wondered into a village searching for food.

asha_5619_arrstlphnt.jpg

A man has been arrested over the death of a pregnant elephant who was killed after eating food laced with firecrackers in India.

The elephant wandered into a village near Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad, last week.

There she unwittingly ate food - thought to be pineapple - intentionally stuffed with the explosives, a technique used by locals to keep wild animals away from their crops.

The device exploded in her mouth and she was left in excruciating pain for days before dying standing up in a river on May 27. 

THIS IS SO SAD THAT IT MADE ME CRY, REMINDS ME THIS MOVIE AND SONG:

#STOPANIMALCRUELTY 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ABBADABBADOO said:

This photograph taken on May 27, 2020 shows policemen and onlookers standing on the banks of the Velliyar River in Palakkad district of Kerala state as a dead wild elephant (C), which was pregnant, is retrieved following injuries caused when locals fed the elephant a pineapple filled with firecrackers as it wondered into a village searching for food.

asha_5619_arrstlphnt.jpg

A man has been arrested over the death of a pregnant elephant who was killed after eating food laced with firecrackers in India.

The elephant wandered into a village near Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad, last week.

There she unwittingly ate food - thought to be pineapple - intentionally stuffed with the explosives, a technique used by locals to keep wild animals away from their crops.

The device exploded in her mouth and she was left in excruciating pain for days before dying standing up in a river on May 27. 

THIS IS SO SAD THAT IT MADE ME CRY, REMINDS ME THIS MOVIE AND SONG:

#STOPANIMALCRUELTY 

It’s honestly so sad :crying1: imagine feeling such a hot sensation in yr stomach and then realize that’s her baby is there :katycry: may they Rest In Peace :crying3:

Archived