emailmyheart1999

Now that the news of Xtina's debut album celebrating 20 years, and I'm bored, let's rank the 12 hits of Brit, Xtina, Jessica, and Mandy of their debut albums (...Baby One More Time, Christina Aguilera, Sweet Kisses, and So Real). Also just list some memories that come with the songs/albums. I personally remember getting my license and just shuffling a playlist I had of these four albums and pretending I was in the "Candy" video. Disclaimer: I do NOT consider Willa Ford to be one of these girls. She came out in 2001, released one album, then dipped. These girls really defined the era. Also, these 12 songs are the singles that charted on the Billboard Hot 100 from the debut albums (hence, "Born To Make You Happy", "Walk Me Home", and "So Real" are not included bc they did not chart).

Here is the list in alphabetical order:

"...Baby One More Time" - Britney

"Candy" - Mandy

"Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)" - Christina

"From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart" - Britney

"Genie In A Bottle" - Christina

"I Think I'm In Love With You" - Jessica

" I Turn To You" - Christina

"I Wanna Love You Forever" - Jessica

"Sometimes" - Britney

"What A Girl Wants" - Christina

"Where You Are" - Jessica

"(You Drive Me) Crazy" - Britney

My ranking (in iconicness and composition):

1. "...Baby One More Time" - overall 10/10 BOP, always a party favorite, started this era. Any other would be wrong.

2. "Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)" - The radio edit serves, as does the album version. Such a **** song and the church choir-like piano pumps me up.

3. "Candy" - such a basic song but also such a good reference of that era. Really such a catchy song. Also points for "Love always, Mandy".

4. "I Think I'm In Love With You" - Even with the "Jack and Diane" sampling, this song is the definition of rolling the windows down and screaming.

5. "Genie In A Bottle" - Good and iconic song, in which everyone knows and is literally so **** ugh

6. "What A Girl Wants" - Nice 90s R&B Like jam that's a nice bop, swaying, just sweet memories.

7. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" - Love the Stop! remix so much, literally pumps me up. The album version fails to impress me, however :(

8. "From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart" - Underrated ballad, Britney SERVES vocals with her deep, soulful coming out. Na na na....

9. "I Wanna Love You Forever" - So soulful, really showcases Jess' early vocals.

10. "Where You Are" - Veryyyy underrated, also a duet between Nick Lachey and Jess! But still such a good climax and bridge

11. "Sometimes" - Good song, cheesy but similar to "Candy", but Britney slaysss with belting the high notes ("I'll just hang around and you'll see...")

12. "I Turn To You" - ICONIC, but also, loses points because it is SO hard to sing along because the notes are impossible, so not the best car-bop.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1999 was definitely THE YEAR FOR POP. I can’t rank all of them, but all of the best ones...

...Baby one more time  :clap:

genie in a bottle   :makeitrain:

i think I’m in love with you  :queenflopga:

candy  :mcorangu:

waiting for tonight  :jlostare:

Enrique Iglesias, my daddy  :imok:

anything S Club 7 / A-Teens   :hehehe:

that song from Hoku?? Does anyone remember her? She had a song on the Snow Day movie soundtrack. I low key remember it being a Bop.  :zoomzoom:

i wanna be bad created by the Legendary Willa Ford  :awks:

aaron carter? Maybe, but I can’t with him anymore because of his horrid face tattoo. Girl, you were cute. Then you ****** it up  :jackk:

Archived