Britney's New Look

pop analyst

After doing some research, I finally found and watched South Park's 'Britney's new Look' which was broadcasted in March '08. I honestly say that to me this is the best critique towards the entertainment system (tv and industry) I have seen; the general public do not care about politics but rather hunts and slowly kill her throught the paparazzis and the 'culture' of the rug mags. The kids try to save her with no success and in the end they come across a scary secret; the Americans (even their parents) want B dead as a sacrifice for the harvest..using not a dager but cameras. Everyone has a piece of  responsibilty.  The 'clicks' kill B. The most sarcastic moment is when one of the kids disguises himself as a beaver in order to distract the paps and is caught by 'animal control' and sent for psychiatric evaluation because he thinks he is a human being! The TV spokespeople find it correct..How absurd..

Your opinions? Here is the full episode https://vk.com/video264412669_171426470

Here is the 2007 MTV Awards https://www.google.com/search?q=South+Park+~+Britney's+New+Look&tbm=isch&source=hp&hl=el&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM0LiFn8PiAhXG6qQKHXwYD1QQiR56BAgGEBA&biw=1440&bih=757#imgrc=QjK4CxlQL9HNuM:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her dancing in VMA 2007 is way better than all Womanizer performances during Circus. Now that nobody fatshames there's nothing significantly wrong with this performance imo. I don't understand why people call this a disaster. She looks in control and there's this thing about her that feels superior to everybody there. Her smile looks like she's mocking everybody. 

Thanks for sharing it in 4K!  That performance was definitely not as bad as most of the FFT performances.  I never realised how slow that performance was though... I'm guessing mainly because she was out of it.  But she was at least still serving looks.  She was visibly pissed here, but even laughing a bunch to herself or to her dancers... I guess because she knows she's intoxicated while performing on the VMAs lol.

As messy as this was, it's so iconic lol.

Seeing this performance in 4k, does anyone else notice that smudge on her top lip? This is my first time seeing that. I guess it fits right with the un-blended extensions and missing fake nail. Yes, this confirms that this performance was nothing short of a hot mess. :mj: 

It really just goes to show the difference in society now vs. society then. This was a solid performance by today's pop standards, but there really isnt anything like primeney anymore, and sadly this was her first performance not being primeney. The only thing I have alway not liked was her hair, and she should have done a corset or something. She is still a star here, but it was missing the old school Britney attitude, but lets be real the more thing was distracted at the time. 

All and All a decent performance, and still more iconic than the 2016 VMA's 

This wasn’t her worst performance. She looked pretty but also looked like a cheap hooker which didn’t help. She should’ve never gotten the **** she did for this. Looking back I’m amazed she still even performs after this fiasco. I still think MTV set her up for disaster. 

Archived