MY PREROGATIVE APPRECIATION THREAD

DignifiedLove

OH MY GOD. I just watched this video for the first time in full since years and it is borderline GENIUS. Jake Nava has the mind of a mastermind. The video has this element of mystery, glamour and divinity to it AND if there’s one thing I honestly miss the most right now from Prime Britney, it’s THAT fire she had in her eyes. She was hardly even dancing in this video and yet there was something so magnetizing about even her subtle body movements. 

And let’s talk about the fact that she literally took this song and made it her f**king OWN. Bloodshot & Avant >>>>>>

The Middle Eastern influences and wide array of South Asian instruments. I am SOOK. :wontcry: Y’all, remember when music was actually experimental and not all about overdone, redundant trap beats????? :wontcry:

UGH, and just listening to the song with the video takes me back to age 10 and the TRL, MTV/VH1 days where I would wake up every morning and record my favorite videos on tape. Omg I remember this was around when Lindsay Lohan had her debut and Eminem had just released Encore. Y’all I’m about to seriously cry. Not only do I miss 2004, but I seriously miss when Britney ruled the world and it’s a tragedy how this younger generation will never get to fully grasp the magnitude of it all. She was really our spokesperson for 2000s pop and popular culture, and well.......feel like pure ***** and I just want her back.:wontcry:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this was gonna be for her perfume which may I add is the only decent thing they have done in two years. Even if the clips are sort of annoying. 

MP was so exciting. I love the video and remember the video being one on trl for forever. 

I also remember going to her site and it being top notch with teasers of the GH playing. I remember playing DS and IJBHMF clips over and over again. 

I honestly wish a huge pop artist would emerge again. Like how Gaga came and Katy in 2007/2008 it was exciting even with the Stan wars. Britney just doesn’t have it in her anymore. 

OP!! You’ve got me almost in tears too. 

This video was one of the reasons I became a Britney stan. I remember that Rumours by Lindsay Lohan was popular at this time too and I loved both songs so much. What a magical time. 

I can’t believe that this is the same person that made the Make Me video. 

21 minutes ago, Sharkney said:

Same person, smaller budget :wendycry:

I like that cover more than ILRAR
Video is amazing but is often snubbed by fans :well:, song wasn't as successful as it should I think. Wasn't She too racy :werk: for tv back then?

7 hours ago, Sharkney said:

OP!! You’ve got me almost in tears too. 

This video was one of the reasons I became a Britney stan. I remember that Rumours by Lindsay Lohan was popular at this time too and I loved both songs so much. What a magical time. 

Omg, such a precious moment in time. :mcry: 2003/2004 were the years I got into music so those years will always hold a special place in my heart. Imo, that whole MTV era from 1996-2004 was the golden age and some of the best years for music. A magical time, indeed. :mcry:

6 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Mean Girls, the rise of the Jessica/Lindsay/Hilary/Paris clan, TRL, VH1, reality TV, back when music videos were still a big deal and when we had our innocence. Suddenly I miss 2004. :crying2:

God, I’m emotional right now :crying4:

I started watching MTV in 2003 and I remember being shook by the VMA kiss. 

Then, the flawless Me Against the Music MV dropped and I was hooked instantly. I became a stan around that time.

Back then I had no internet, so the MVs debuts were always a surprise. I remember being so excited for MTV to air them. There was no YouTube, so I used to record everything on VHS, including the OHT show from Miami. :mcry:

Those were great times to be a fan of Britney and music in general :tysm:

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, billyjb26 said:

Image result for britney spears my prerogative gifRelated imageRelated imageRelated imageImage result for britney spears my prerogative gif

This scene was gold... Genius. One of the last times we truly saw Primeney.

fucing fierce:werk:

those parts in the video are shown so fast that there´s no time to appreciate them but now that I can watch them I can say that Britney looks ICONIC, **** and beautiful af :thirsty:

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived