You know Britney is a legend when she gets mentioned in Friends

timito

I am now watching Friends for the hundredth time and it is the episode where Joey gets excited because he thinks that Ross has seen Britney. I know it is something small but when you think about it they have not mentioned Christina Aguilera for example or N'sync or anyone else from their time. And also it is in a positive way. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Applejack said:

yeah this is like 14 or 15 years ago?

was it the last season or the 9th??

old news

Reveal hidden contents

jk

9th. And I know its old news but I  just think its cool so decided to share. I actually realised it sucks there isn't just a chat somewhere on the forum so you can just mention things quickly and be able to talk about it with others.

16 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I love Friends, and I'm happy they mentioned her at least once as Britney has said multiple time she is a fan of the show too.

I wonder how she feels when she's watching something and she's mentioned?

I wonder the same. Too bad we will never find out 

I was just watching The Big Bang Theory yesterday and Penny mentioned Britney. She was quizzing Sheldon and Leonard on pop culture, and asked them which artist sang ”Oops...I Did It Again!” Obviously, neither physicist knew the correct answer. But those little shout-outs are always cool, it’s a reminder of how impactful she has been in pop culture. 

giphy.gif

You watch Friends :weirdmeout: I watched it when I was like 10, didn't realized it's homophobic, transphobic, racist, and all of the above. Continue on with the show tho.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I was just watching The Big Bang Theory yesterday and Penny mentioned Britney. She was quizzing Sheldon and Leonard on pop culture, and asked them which artist sang ”Oops...I Did It Again!” Obviously, neither physicist knew the correct answer. But those little shout-outs are always cool, it’s a reminder of how impactful she has been in pop culture. 

giphy.gif

They also mention her when Penny is congratulating Raj for being on the People magazine and she said something like: "you are now famous and you didn't have to get pregnat any of the Spears sisters" :selena:

5 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

They also mention her when Penny is congratulating Raj for being on the People magazine and she said something like: "you are now famous and you didn't have to get pregnat any of the Spears sisters" :selena:

I've seen all the seasons, but I actually don't remember that episode! They all start to blend together after a while, ha. But I do think Kaley Cuoco is a fan since she quite recently did that Slave performance on that lip sync show. :) 

8 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I've seen all the seasons, but I actually don't remember that episode! They all start to blend together after a while, ha. But I do think Kaley Cuoco is a fan since she quite recently did that Slave performance on that lip sync show. :) 

It's on that one episode when Raj is included in the "30 under 30" list of succesful men in the People magazine. So they go to celebrate to the Cheesecake Factory I guess and thats where Penny works so when she goes to take their orders she says that. 

Cant remember which episode it is. 

7 hours ago, Chris Dowling said:

You watch Friends :weirdmeout: I watched it when I was like 10, didn't realized it's homophobic, transphobic, racist, and all of the above. Continue on with the show tho.

giphy.gif

It's not. Stop being a snowflake. :sofedup:

"Transphobic" isn't even a thing.

10 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Remember 'White Chicks' ? She was mentioned there too and '(I got that) Boom Boom' was part of the soundtrack 

tumblr_mie0la5GA81qd98lxo1_500.gif

tumblr_mie0la5GA81qd98lxo2_500.gif

LoneFarBarbet-size_restricted.gif

ICONIC QUEEN  :kyliecry:

I love this scene in White Chicks so much!!! And I don't care what film puritans say, this is officially the best movie of all time!!!! :iwin:

Archived