So... What happened to THIS voice?

KrustyKrab

In my opinion, from the many videos and comments I’ve seen about the change in her voice, what I think is that the voice she had as a child and the way she used it wouldn’t be able to evolve into an adult voiceover, maybe due to the characteristic tone that she started to use since the beginning of her career and to that added the fact of smoking and stop taking singing lessons, made her lose the focus and control in her voice. We will never know.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably trough the years she didn’t use it enough. Practice is very important I think. 

I love her natural deep voice, like in her song “Let go”, but I think Britney would not be THE Britney Spears if she used that voice in all her songs.

There is something about the way she sounds when she’s doing that “baby voice”. It’s very unique, very speacial and that’s what separates her from other artists. 

15 minutes ago, Oxic said:

puberty 

That but I also think her management shaped her voice into what it is today. Originally she wanted to be a Sheryl Crow type artist and while maybe that vibe might not have worked for her, it's a shame that her team suppressed her natural voice, which was so beautiful, that people generally think she can't sing even though her Star Search performances rival young Christina's vocals

Archived