It's really Myah Jean!

AngelBritney

I was listening to the lead acapella of Work ***** and suddenly it's clear to me that no other than our beloved Myah Marie did all the vocals.

If you compare those vocals to Britneys usual vocals Myahs vocals sound brighter, stronger and you notice that Myah tries very hard to intimitate typical vocal characteristics by Britney.

Here is a list of the Myah songs on BJ where you can clearly hear her vocals, not Britneys:

Work ***** (Lead + BVG)

Alien (some Lead + BVG)

Tik Tik Boom (Lead + BVG)

Body Ache (all Vocals)

Til It's Gone (Lead + BVG)

Passenger (some Lead, mainly in the Chorus)

Chillin ' With You (Lead + BVG)

Don't Cry (some Lead in Chorus + BVG)

Brightest Morning Star (mostly Lead + BVG in Chorus)

Hold On Tight (some Lead + BVG)

Now That I Found You (Lead + BVG)

I know this is old stuff to discuss but I have never seen such a list anywhere.

It was obvious for us that Myah was included on Alien, Body Ache, Til It's Gone and Passenger but would you have guessed that Britneys team released Work ***** as a single even though it has only Myahs vocals, not Britneys?

That's why "Britney" sounds so heavily edited on many parts for us when we had a first listen to this album. Heavy autotune, bad production and Britney did record the vocals they needed to mix and master the songs (example lies in the first post of the Alien stems topic). Whenever I listen to Glory or any other Britney album, I can't imagine Myah singing at all because we actually hear Britney.

I like to listen to Myahs songs every week, I know her voice and how she can use it. On some of her songs she intimitates Britney a little bit without trying too hard (not her intentions) or sounds unusual in some of her songs. Remember when people thought some of Myahs songs were demos sung by Britney?

If you think otherwise, you can share your thoughts in a good behaviour. No need to insult as it causes only useless posts. We all have the freedom to share our discoveries and opinions.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's as much Myah as people say. They edited Britney voice too much and that's why it sounds weird, and yes, Myah sings some verses here and there, but I don't think it's the WHOLE thing.  That wouldn't make sense at all. Why wouldn't Britney record her own album? 

It's just bad editing.

6 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

I don't think there's as much Myah as people say. They edited Britney voice too much and that's why it sounds weird, and yes, Myah sings some verses here and there, but I don't think it's the WHOLE thing.  That wouldn't make sense at all. Why wouldn't Britney record her own album? 

It's just bad editing.

That sounds like Will I Am, we will never forgive him that. Is it known what program he used for pitch corrections?

I've also read he did manipulate the low vocals on S&S (wikipedia) to make her sound like a robot but I always thought this is her real voice.

51 minutes ago, AngelBritney said:

I was listening to the lead acapella of Work ***** and suddenly it's clear to me that no other than our beloved Myah Marie did all the vocals.

If you compare those vocals to Britneys usual vocals Myahs vocals sound brighter, stronger and you notice that Myah tries very hard to intimitate typical vocal characteristics by Britney.

Here is a list of the Myah songs on BJ where you can clearly hear her vocals, not Britneys:

Work ***** (Lead + BVG)

Alien (some Lead + BVG)

Tik Tik Boom (Lead + BVG)

Body Ache (all Vocals)

Til It's Gone (Lead + BVG)

Passenger (some Lead, mainly in the Chorus)

Chillin ' With You (Lead + BVG)

Don't Cry (some Lead in Chorus + BVG)

Brightest Morning Star (mostly Lead + BVG in Chorus)

Hold On Tight (some Lead + BVG)

Now That I Found You (Lead + BVG)

I know this is old stuff to discuss but I have never seen such a list anywhere.

It was obvious for us that Myah was included on Alien, Body Ache, Til It's Gone and Passenger but would you have guessed that Britneys team released Work ***** as a single even though it has only Myahs vocals, not Britneys?

That's why "Britney" sounds so heavily edited on many parts for us when we had a first listen to this album. Heavy autotune, bad production and Britney did record the vocals they needed to mix and master the songs (example lies in the first post of the Alien stems topic). Whenever I listen to Glory or any other Britney album, I can't imagine Myah singing at all because we actually hear Britney.

I like to listen to Myahs songs every week, I know her voice and how she can use it. On some of her songs she intimitates Britney a little bit without trying too hard (not her intentions) or sounds unusual in some of her songs. Remember when people thought some of Myahs songs were demos sung by Britney?

If you think otherwise, you can share your thoughts in a good behaviour. No need to insult as it causes only useless posts. We all have the freedom to share our discoveries and opinions.

Work ***** (Lead + BVG) I'm really convinced that Britney didn't sing a single note on this song. When it leaked a couple of days prior the official launch, I thought it was a fake Myah demo 

Alien (some Lead + BVG) Verses are all Britney (except "take me home", don't know why). Choruses are all Myah

Tik Tik Boom (Lead + BVG) Verses and choruses are Britney but Myah's background vocals are really high, so it's like both voices mixed. Adlilbs are all Myah

Body Ache (all Vocals) First verse is Britney. Choruses and the bridge are all Myah. Vocal production is so bad that the first verse and the second verse are totally different, to the point you can hear EXACTLY when they glued Britney's part right after Myah right before the second chorus (check 2.07 mark, it's unbelievably bad)

Til It's Gone (Lead + BVG) I think Britney didn't sing this song at all.

Passenger (some Lead, mainly in the Chorus) We know exactly how bad the situation is: Britney sings the first verse (minus the "keyyyyys") and the second verse (minus the high note). The rest is all Myah and some Sia background vocals.

Chillin ' With You (Lead + BVG) Britney and Myah vocals are blend together in this tragic mess. What a personal duet with her sister!

Don't Cry (some Lead in Chorus + BVG) Myah sings some background vocals, but this is one of the few songs sung by Britney.

Brightest Morning Star (mostly Lead + BVG in Chorus) Britney sings the verses and the prechorus (with lots of Myah background vocals). The rest is all Myah plus other background singers.

Hold On Tight (some Lead + BVG) Britney and Myah are mixed together during the whole song. Background vocals are Myah's.

Now That I Found You (Lead + BVG) I can't tell. It sounded like Britney at first (unlike the rest of this pile of ****) but right now it sounds like a mix between Myah and Britney. Probably Myah sung the entire chorus.

It Should Be Easy I guess it's Britney, but we'll never know.

Poorfume Britney only, with Sia helping with background vocals.

These are my two cents, based both on facts and on personal thoughts.
While we have to let Bugly Joan go, I still don't know how can she lipsynch every ******* night to Work *****. It's unacceptable.

1 hour ago, AngelBritney said:

That sounds like Will I Am, we will never forgive him that. Is it known what program he used for pitch corrections?

I've also read he did manipulate the low vocals on S&S (wikipedia) to make her sound like a robot but I always thought this is her real voice.

We can't really know. Some vocals effects remind me of some stuff you can do with Melodyne, but I'm just speculating hahaha

2 hours ago, AngelBritney said:

Well actually Britney DOES some vocals on Work *****. Most of them are by Myah, but on the left channel after the bridge till the end you can hear Britney (and Myah as well on the whispered "Work"s and "Work it out"s).

Listen here: http://www5.blocked.com/v/EeSVAQTP/file.html

Also your list is wrong at some places.

2 hours ago, RobRocks said:

It's just bad editing.

It’s not bad editing. Auto tune and melodyne only correct pitch, and while they have other functions to edit vocals, you’d have to try really hard to get someone to sound like a different person

40 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

no it doesn't. Listen to the stems. Also, why (of all the 20 year old songs in POM) was one of her most recent (and at the beginning of POM most recent) songs prerecorded and  used for televised performances, when she'll happily lipsync to Toxic's original vocals?? 

They just edited the album vocals to make it sound live. But to me its sounds like a computer

Archived