Question about Britney vinyls

BOBIBCFBG

For anyone that has any, how do they sound? I just put on my HIAM single from the FF Premium Fan Edition and it didn't sound that great. I have a decent, brand new vinyl player. I'm new to the vinyl scene so I'm trying to figure out if pop music is just not good on vinyl or if it's bc that one is almost 7 years old or what. I'd love some advice before I get Glory and other pop vinyls lol. Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, vinyl in general is more geared toward organically produced music. Recordings with real instruments. Most modern pop music is produced digitally so you’re getting a crisp vinyl sound nonetheless but vinyl wasn’t made for that, get me?

Vinyls are a fun and nice collector’s item anyway so if you’d like to splurge, go ahead because they’re beautifully made and nice to display.

12 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Well, vinyl in general is more geared toward organically produced music. Recordings with real instruments. Most modern pop music is produced digitally so you’re getting a crisp vinyl sound nonetheless but vinyl wasn’t made for that, get me?

Vinyls are a fun and nice collector’s item anyway so if you’d like to splurge, go ahead because they’re beautifully made and nice to display.

Yeah that makes sense. Do you have any pop vinyls that you listen to?

I don't agree with people stating that vinyls are just to collect.

Picture vinyls were to collect, not the regular vinyls.

Vinyls were once THE source of enjoyment of hearing music.

The fact that you have to switch sides makes you an active listener while a CD makes you a passive listener (this is proven by studies).

I have tons of vinyls and the older ones do sound better than vinyls released nowadays. It's because music was processed differentely back then.

Madonna's old albums sound great on vinyl (espcially True Blue).

I don't own Glory on vinyl tho as I think vinyls are overpriced these days. 

2 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yeah that makes sense. Do you have any pop vinyls that you listen to?

No, I would buy them if I had the budget, but just to display or hang them up.

I like to take my music on the go too, so I buy my CD’s (import editions to get the most tracks), and I rip them in lossless AIFF format. You get a nice 16 bit sound that’s much better than Apple Music and Spotify’s quality. Only downside is that it takes up space because they’re uncompressed files. But I only keep what I consistently listen to in iTunes and my phone isn’t full of other stuff so it works out fine for me. :) 

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

No, I would buy them if I had the budget, but just to display or hang them up.

I like to take my music on the go too, so I buy my CD’s (import editions to get the most tracks), and I rip them in lossless AIFF format. You get a nice 16 bit sound that’s much better than Apple Music and Spotify’s quality. Only downside is that it takes up space because they’re uncompressed files. But I only keep what I consistently listen to in iTunes and my phone isn’t full of other stuff so it works out fine for me. :) 

I've never heard of that =X What does that sound like?

1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I've never heard of that =X What does that sound like?

It’s just basically an exact rip of the PCM encoded files that are on the CD. If you have Windows / PC it’s better to use WAV, AIFF is made for Apple. They’re both the exact same file, quality wise. Just different formats. CD’s are pressed at 16 bit, the highest quality you can listen to digital music in with consumer equipment from retail brands in stores. 24 bit and above is made for studio quality / professional equipment.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It’s just basically an exact rip of the PCM encoded files that are on the CD. If you have Windows / PC it’s better to use WAV, AIFF is made for Apple. They’re both the exact same file, quality wise. Just different formats. CD’s are pressed at 16 bit, the highest quality you can listen to digital music in with consumer equipment from retail brands in stores. 24 bit and above is made for studio quality / professional equipment.

Oh cool!

4 hours ago, Mc54 said:

I have GLORY, BOMT & a UK Toxic remix vinyl EP - everything sounds great & crisp, plus having the packaging/album designs is cool to have in a rack of vinyls. i have a collection of over 40 ranging from the Beatles, to dance music.

Nice! I have a Crosley and I feel like it's kinda muffled but it's brand new. What's yours?

Archived