I hate how Slumber Party is underrated

G L O R Y

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually got more than it deserved. An awesome videoclip, a part on the POM setlist. Live performances in festivals and such.

For me it would've remained just as another album track, those that are never released as singles, or performed live or get the video treatment. Many other songs deserved that more than SP, like Better, Liar, Man on the Moon, Change Your Mind, If I'm Dancing, even Invitation or Love Me Down. DYWCO got the performances, but not the video (one of the biggest mistakes from this era was not releasing DYWCO as a single, preferably the lead single).

She looks awesome in the SP video, and it's really cool, visually speaking, but that could've been the video of any of the songs I've mentioned.

slumber Party is generic, combiningeverysoundfromthelasttwoyears "tropical" trash. it's like dollar store Hotline Bling or Side to Side and not as fun or catchy

with that said, I liked it much better without tinashe because Britney sounded hot in the second verse. but to call it among her best... :tiffcackle:

Archived