Help Me Design The "20th Anniversary Discography Mix"; What Combinations Do You Want To See?

BrittonJeanSpears

It's still in the incredibly early stages, but considering that it's for the fans by the fans, I think you guys should decide on what you want to hear.

The incredibly long song list can be found in my original thread on the subject, which has been expanded to include Leaked/Unreleased songs as well as her promotional Pepsi songs:

Now, a song can, and likely will, appear multiple times. But every song must show up at least ONCE.

Here are some of the combinations I'm considering, in no particular order:

• Pretty Girls into Boys into Get Nasty/Get Naked/Get It, Get It mash-up into I’m A Slave 4 U into Get It (this combination is what I first thought of when I conceived of the mix)
  • Begins with Baby, ends with Till The World Ends
  • Hands into Take Off
  • What’s Going On into Now That I Found You
  • Cinderella into Dramatic
  • Rebellion/Coupure Electrique mash-up
  • Unbroken/Unusual You mash-up into Strangest Love
  • Baby One More Time/You Drive Me Crazy mash-up into Inside Out
  • Telephone/Don’t Hang Up/Phonography mash-up
  • Early Mornin’ into And Then We Kiss/Girls and Boys mash-up
  • Little Me/Everytime mash-up
  • Do Somethin’/What You Need mash-up into Private Show/Lace & Leather mash-up
  • Just Let Me Go/Right Now/Change Your Mind mash-up

Please share your ideas, nothing is too crazy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I know nothing about music mixing, hun. :urite: But since nobody wants to help me (trust me, I asked around), I have to do it all by myself and it's going to be a ******* mess.

Awwww well I don't know the first thing about mixing or anything, but I'll be down to preview/feedback for once you get started if you want. 

I'm surprised no one who's knowledgeable on it wants to help, seems like a sick idea to me!

I don't want her released material to be overshadowed by unreleased demos. I think you should focus on released tracks and incorporate some underrated deep cuts and b-sides. If the GP listens to this mix, they'll be confused, especially if they hear something like Telephone make an appearance. I think all the singles should be included and then non-single tracks like IWBT, ICGNS, WUSIWUG, BL, BTG, Cinderella, BOM, TOMH, EM, IGTBB, ATWK, GTIGAP, Freakshow, HAI, Blur, SG, UY, Mannequin, IO, HIR, SIWAK, NTIFY, Clumsy, DYWCO, JLM. (But that's just my bias). 

1 hour ago, SlaymeMore said:

I can help you I know how to mix and create songs (usually for other people)

I've never done that with Britney's material so that would be a nice challenge! 

:pumped: :pumped: :pumped: Thank you! :hugs:  

54 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I said I’d help! :) did you ask @Neemz or @Delicious Pork Chops ? They do music

I messaged Neemz, and didn't get an answer, and I did not know about Delicious Pork Chops. Hopefully they look at this and agree to help. :clap: And yes, you did agree to help me, and I totally forgot. :britdrown: Thanks for reminding me, sis. :hugs: 

19 minutes ago, KindlyBad said:

I don't want her released material to be overshadowed by unreleased demos. I think you should focus on released tracks and incorporate some underrated deep cuts and b-sides. If the GP listens to this mix, they'll be confused, especially if they hear something like Telephone make an appearance. I think all the singles should be included and then non-single tracks like IWBT, ICGNS, WUSIWUG, BL, BTG, Cinderella, BOM, TOMH, EM, IGTBB, ATWK, GTIGAP, Freakshow, HAI, Blur, SG, UY, Mannequin, IO, HIR, SIWAK, NTIFY, Clumsy, DYWCO, JLM. (But that's just my bias). 

It's over 200 songs. I highly doubt a 20 second appearance by Telephone or Tilt Ya Head Back will throw them off. Hell, they'll probably assume she did a cover considering 20 of the other songs are covers (The Beat Goes On, I Can't Get No Satisfaction, I Love Rock N Roll, My Prerogative, Burning Up, Out From Under, etc.) or samples (Just Let Me Go, Guilty, Everybody, etc.). :yaknow: And every song will be included so every song will have its turn to shine.

Also, **** the GP. This is for US. And for Britney if she hears it. :lessons: 

1 hour ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Awwww well I don't know the first thing about mixing or anything, but I'll be down to preview/feedback for once you get started if you want. 

I'm surprised no one who's knowledgeable on it wants to help, seems like a sick idea to me!

Looks like I have some volunteers after all. :yesplease: But yeah, if there's any two songs you thought would sound great together, now's the time to speak up. :queenflopga: They'll be turned into an Eargasm S'more.

1 hour ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Include tour remixes or iconic performances (MJ and Britney, VMA 2003/2000/1999, AMA 2001)

maybe break it up in styles/genres-

ballad

bubblegum

Midtempo/trance 

retro (anticipating, private show, etc)

rock

urban

electrónica 

obviously some of these could mix together

I did have all of her songs sectioned off in a huge note with all the song titles, had them split up thematically. Innocence, Force of Nature, Tragedy, Urban, Media Darkness, Love, ***, and Dancepocalypse.

But I think instead of splitting them up by "theme", I want to just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Find those songs that fit great together, regardless of theme or genre, and mash them up, and then find something to connect to that and then just keep connecting, like a puzzle. Y'know? :yaknow:

I definitely want to do the Telephone/Phonography/Don't Hang Up mash-up and the Pretty Girls/Boys/Get Naked/I'm A Slave 4 U/Get It mash-up, though. (In fact, back when I still had the songs sectioned out, the Boys/Get Naked mash-up would have been the bridge between the *** songs and the dark songs, so we could probably still do the genres if it's important enough to you. Though Slave and Pretty Girls are both in the urban category, while Get It and the rest of the leaked/unreleased/promotional songs are still uncategorized.)

Edit: I've successfully sectioned off every song into thematic groupings if this is something that would be better.

46 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

I loved how on that chris cox megamix everytimes instrumental crossed over into overprotecteds instrumental. So perhaps make a ballad go into an uptempo track, esp an uptempo track with a deeper meaning like overprotected instead of “im clubbing and having *** wooo”

Every Day into Instant Deja Vu? That's what first popped up when you said it. :thinkney: 

Archived