so Britney wants to be successful again huh?

JP9101

27 minutes ago, button said:

Promotion comes dead last after everything else you mentioned: her image, her music, her mediocre performances ect.

When those things are good, you don't even need promotion to sell. People will naturally gravitate towards you and check for your music.

I mean, where are the lies? Beyonce hasn't done jack **** for Minute Maid, yet it had longevity because everyone was creaming themselves over her well calculated performances.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I mean, where are the lies? Beyonce hasn't done jack **** for Minute Maid, yet it had longevity because everyone was creaming themselves over her well calculated performances.

It's true same with Taylor but the thing is Britney used her hype tactic already for many eras and that died out. The hype just isn't there and she needs a lot of promo to get her old fans back and the new generation. To establish hype again. 

Promo placement is key though.  Like the indie magazine shoots she did for Glory Were poor judgement for an era with little exposure 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It's true same with Taylor but the thing is Britney used her hype tactic already for many eras and that died out. The hype just isn't there and she needs a lot of promo to get her old fans back and the new generation. To establish hype again. 

Promo placement is key though.  Like the indie magazine shoots she did for Glory Were poor judgement for an era with little exposure 

I'm not saying she shouldn't do promo, but the promo she does do, needs to be 110%. Two monumental performances will do much better for her than five average ones.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I'm not saying she shouldn't do promo, but the promo she does do, needs to be 110%. Two monumental performances will do much better for her than five average ones.

I agree. She does so little everything should be 110% but it's not even 40% most of the time and that is the real problem with her career. 

9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Exactly, three or four BBMA’s 2016 level and few live singing on tv shows and she’s done tbh

11 hours ago, button said:

Promotion comes dead last after everything else you mentioned: her image, her music, her mediocre performances ect.

When those things are good, you don't even need promotion to sell. People will naturally gravitate towards you and check for your music.

Agreed. Example: Taylor Swift. Not that she's necessarily good in performing (she still sings live though :pieceofwhat:) but she has excellent marketing. She hasn't even performed her song yet but already broke records.

What she needs is rebranding. I'm seeing a lot of people say she needs to be **** Britney and slay the award shows etc but I think she needs a more mature sound and look. Go to a red carpet in some elegant, fashion forward dress (something awesome that people would wear to the Met Gala) and then perform a song LIVE with a great stage production. Or if she doesn't want to sing live, she needs to dance but again, in a different way. Maybe do a Spanish flavored song and do a performance where it's all Spanish theme, and she does the tango With a guy 

Britney's team knows that the BJ and Glory formula didn't work. I assume they have plans to capitalize on the 20th anniversary in 2018. It's really their last chance at building hype around an era as far as I can see. If they mess it up then that will be truely disappointing. :embarrassney:

They need to build hype around the 20 year anniversary with a quality album and a world tour. If she can manage that and it be a success, she's basically solidified herself as a pop legend. 

If Britney wants to be succesful, it will show. Performing with passion and speaking about your music with passion will let everyone know she's serious about being in the business again.

Her airy-fairy attitude towards her music and her twitchy movements on stage (what's with the spinning around dance move) are ruining her image; if she's going to act careless about her career, then you can't blame the general public for not caring too.

Archived