One reason Glory flopped

Someone Who Knows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As, I'm sure, discussed by many of this forum's members and in scrutinizing depth there are many reasons. What you stated is definitely one! Over all its a lack of exposure and little to no effort from the record label to push the album! No radio support, horrible timings (eg album release etc). The music video disaster obviously!

and while this may not have been a reason for it flopping but it contributed to the public image of Britney Spears. 20 years into the industry and STILL using CD recorded vocals, lazy and unbothered! Yes she did the interviews, hardly promoted the singles or the album properly! Repeated almost the same stories everywhere! With that said, it was obvious the only thing that got promoted was her Piece of Me Vegas Show! wasted festival opportunities, interviews and so on

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed many artists uploading their songs on YouTube lately!

Shania Twain uploaded her entire album and I think Fifth Harmony did. Also, I know Carrie Underwood did with her most recent album.

I just don’t understand what happened bc she was everywhere it seemed like during the Femme Fatale era and had big hits, but her with past 2 albums it’s as if only her fanbase knows about her music.

I understand she and her team have been more concerned with Vegas, but these are two albums in her career that have flopped and that’s on her permanent record. Like she’s slowly losing her legacy. I would have much rather Britney just not release another album until after Vegas or until she was ready to make an amazing body of work that lived up to her past music. 

In which way did Glory flop? Quality wise, it's a success. Commercially, it did flop. The one and only reason is that it just didn't reach out enough. I mean, yeah she performed here and there, but it literally felt like she was promoting one random song. I've seen so many videos of people saying that they didn't know she had new music, after hearing or watching Make Me or Slumber Party. Glory didn't flop because it was a bad album, the promotion just wasn't planned good enough.

I hope Team Britney does know that YouTube's Content ID can identify unofficial uploads, monetise them and even use the views for streaming points for music charts. :juggingu:

I bet they just asked Content ID to block everything, without any second thought.

18 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Katy Perry put literally her entire witness album on YouTube and it still flopped tragically. I don’t think it would’ve helped.

To be fair, though, Witness was both critically and commercially panned, while Glory was actually very well received critically. Their Metacritic ratings alone have a ~20 point disparity. 

I'm not saying that Glory would've been a huge success given the proper marketing, but it's hard to speculate since the promotion was pretty abysmal by both Britney and her label alike.

The difference between her first 7 albums and the last 2 is that Jive Records is no longer in the picture. She was their marquee artist and got the biggest budget. On RCA she is treated like a legacy act, which is why she is only promoted to her fanbase. She really needs to ditch RCA pronto.

Archived