Is Work ***** bigger than HIAM?

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

WB VS HIAM  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

It seems that WB is bigger nowadays despite being considered a flop (even tho I'm The One debuted at #1 selling less than WB and including streams which WB didn't:truthtea:) so it's nor really flop and managed to get some longevity. Don't vote based on ur favorite but on the one that is bigger. Like for example Circus peaked higher that Toxic while Toxic is way bigger nowadays.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

It’s interestimg, HIAM went #1 in 8 countries but I feel like it had barely any impact. Till The World Ends had more impact. 

But to answer your question, I don’t think anyone outside the fanbase remembers either song tbh:gross: 

No I know people who aren't Britney fans who know HIAM and WB. HIAM didn't have a lot of impact but WB ended unemployment and obesity :queenriri:

HIAM is bigger in sales but WB made an actual impact because:

1. Britney looked way more present in the video

2. the next singles outshined HIAM i.e. I Wanna Go and TTWE

3.  Britney never performs HIAM

Britney was coming off a big era with Femme Fatale and people were shocked with her lack of dancing and overall attitude during the era. I think people were turned off by the HIAM video and the ones who didn't like it ended up loving TTWE. WB is one of her signature songs and it just shows what good visuals do for a song. 

Literally no one remembers Hold It Against Me; it never gets referenced, it is never performed, it is never used whenever a Britney interview / video comes out...

Meanwhile Work ***** is still being played in parties and clubs 4 years after its release; It is one of her signature hit :brit:

HIAM to me was a major hit.  Because of that song, dubstep made its way in to the mainstream.  She set a new trend for popular music.

WB is a hit because it gave us another iconic Britney phrase..... "You better work *****" became the new "It's Britney *****..."

Archived