Is Work ***** bigger than HIAM?

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

WB VS HIAM  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like no one remembers HIAM:sassybrit: And honestly, I think it's her worst lead single to date. I still don't like it much, I can jam to it occasionally but I really do not enjoy the song, never have. 

That being said, Work ***** is kind of a bad song too imo:nicki2: I like it more than HIAM because it's at least kind of funny. But as far as I'm concerned TTWE>>>>> HIAM/WB. They are her two worst lead singles I think. :staysalty:

Despite the chart numbers it feels bigger thanks to Britney coz she has promoted it. Moreover the WORK ***** phrase has become classic or iconic thanks to its lyrics. HIAM seems to be forgotten. 

PS. It's not like HIAM sold much bigger copies, especially considering the different time of realeses. 

1 hour ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

HIAM is bigger in sales but WB made an actual impact because:

1. Britney looked way more present in the video

2. the next singles outshined HIAM i.e. I Wanna Go and TTWE

3.  Britney never performs HIAM

Britney was coming off a big era with Femme Fatale and people were shocked with her lack of dancing and overall attitude during the era. I think people were turned off by the HIAM video and the ones who didn't like it ended up loving TTWE. WB is one of her signature songs and it just shows what good visuals do for a song. 

Does she dislike hiam she hasnt performed it since fft and i dont think she ever performed criminal (im happy she hasnt performed it cus what would she do tap her knees along to bum bum bum ) i would love for hiam to be the new opener for pom tho

3 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Does she dislike hiam she hasnt performed it since fft and i dont think she ever performed criminal (im happy she hasnt performed it cus what would she do tap her knees along to bum bum bum ) i would love for hiam to be the new opener for pom tho

I dont think she dislikes it I just think she has bad memories of it. She didnt really acknowledge it when it was released and that led to a lot of fans criticizing her and I think she dreaded doing the spastic performance of it.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

It’s interestimg, HIAM went #1 in 8 countries but I feel like it had barely any impact. Till The World Ends had more impact. 

But to answer your question, I don’t think anyone outside the fanbase remembers either song tbh:gross: 

Work ***** has impact. It's not Britney's best piece of work, but it has impact. I mean:

Def Work ***** but only because it was referencing the word ***** again and people found it motivating/funny. I hated the song when it was released because I couldn't break it down. I couldn't identify the chorus or verses and it all sounded corny to me. I remember it had a radio deal to be played every hour and thinking by the end of the day it would grow on me which didn't happen until the past year.

1 hour ago, vdez83 said:

HIAM to me was a major hit.  Because of that song, dubstep made its way in to the mainstream.  She set a new trend for popular music.

WB is a hit because it gave us another iconic Britney phrase..... "You better work *****" became the new "It's Britney *****..."

I was gonna say this. The GP eats up anything with repetitive catchy lines 

41 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

I think she dislikes it because POM is a greatest hits show and she doesn't perform one of her number one singles. It would make a great opener and she could actually do the choreography now. 

Work ***** is very popular.

tumblr_mu2bm4rhlp1qhlxu5o1_400.gif

i remember how general people praised wb as a great song to work out.

wb-7.gif

Slave 4 U, Toxic & Work ***** weren's #1 hits but slayed people anyways for the great performances/videos. 

WB-18.gif

to me WB is one of britney's iconic hits. and it's her last iconic MV to date. because the video IS ---A--M--A--Z--I--N--G---!

wb-14.gif

53 minutes ago, joe sp said:

Of course Work ***** is bigger cause she´s been performing that song for 50 years (piece of me, billboard, international tour, etc..) :mattafact:

HIAM is better and she should perform the damn song! :lemmetellu:

Yeah, I really don't think they can be compared since one has been used to open every single show she's performed throughout the past four years,  while the other hasn't been performed even once in the past five years. 

:beysip:#omg 

hold it against me 

just because britney performs work flop everywhere doesn't mean anything

hiam was #1 everywhere 

Starbucks mocked floppy perry

better performance than work flop too (even with femme fataleney)

peak #1 in eeuu 

more sales 

Britney hates the song ... and what? :otears:

plus ... everyone is going to downvote me 

but the pool scene in workbitch is cheesy and cheap for me, I swear was will I flop idea, the only good thing about the video is the hotel scene 

also, the car :beysip: will I am idea surely 

plus ... feat . myah :scalped:

sorry not sorry 

Good question.  Yes, 'HIAM' was a #1 hit and was very successful commercially, but it's all but forgotten now, especially since 'TTWE' went on to be the defining smash of that era.  Even Britney has apparently forgotten that it exists since she stopped performing it after 2011 even though it was her last solo #1.  To me it just seems like another one of those Britney singles that did well upon release but had no lasting impact*, along with 'Sometimes', 'FTBOMBH', 'Lucky', 'IUSA', etc., etc.  

'Work *****' may have flopped in comparison, but I feel like more people would recognize it than they would 'HIAM'. 

*Don't come at me with "but it introduced dubstep to the mainstream!!1".  That may be true, but nobody remembers 'HIAM' in the same way they do culturally significant Britney songs like '...BOMT' and 'Toxic'.  

Archived