Songs that should've been offered to Britney...

soforlaters

Most of us know about the songs that got away: Umbrella, He Loves U Not and Telephone. But what about the songs that never were? Here's my top 3 "songs that got away" meaning, they were written by songwriters/producers Britney has worked with but were never offered to her. These are songs, I feel, work for Britney lyrically and vocally.  What's your top 3?

1.) Pretty Hurts written by Sia (Perfume) performed by Beyonce

Just another stage
Pageant the pain away
This time I'm gonna take the crown
Without falling down, down

This song just screams Britney.  If you don't believe me, watch the video and imagine Britney's vocals. Reminds me of a slow version of Circus.

2.) Teenage Dream written by Max Martin (...Baby One More Time; etc.) & Katy Perry (Passenger) performed by Katy Perry

The timing was a bit off between Britney's Circus and FF albums, and yea, it's the title of KPs album. But if Britney got this song, it would've been EPIC. She is Miss American Dream since she was 17. This song would've fit perfectly and been a highlight in her catalogue. 

3.) Only Love Can Hurt Like This written by Diane Warren (When Your Eyes Say It) performed by Paloma Faith

Only love can hurt like this, your kisses burn into my skin.

Britney wouldn't have belted like Paloma, but she'd make it blue-sy with her deep vocal range. 

Obviously, this is very dwelly, but I think it's fun to listen to a song and think "this would've been better for Britney." What are the songs you listen to and say to yourself "Britney would've made this better?"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I appreciate BMS and Perfume, Sia offered Brit her worst songs... compared to whatever else she wrote for mainstream :sassybrit:

Yeah, I could see Pretty Hurts being sung by Brit... we got Pretty Girls.

Sometimes I wish Primeney would get Into You by Ariana. I just keep imagining the epic performance and video we would get. I'm sure she would pull off the song in her **** sultry way.

2 hours ago, Applejack said:

Sometimes I wish Primeney would get Into You by Ariana. I just keep imagining the epic performance and video we would get. I'm sure she would pull off the song in her **** sultry way.

This is the song that came to mind immediately when I saw the title of this thread. I love Ariana's voice and the entire Dangerous Woman album, but "Into You" is simply pop perfection and deserved a much better MV than it received, as well as some memorable promo performances. I think Britney could've done something...sensational (:saycheese:) with it.

3 hours ago, Applejack said:

As much as I appreciate BMS and Perfume, Sia offered Brit her worst songs... compared to whatever else she wrote for mainstream :sassybrit:

Yeah, I could see Pretty Hurts being sung by Brit... we got Pretty Girls.

Oops, I didn't read your comment, but yeah, Into You would've been amazing if it was sung by Britney Spears.

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Into You.

It's actually the only song by Ariana Grande that I like, and for some reason it's like nobody gives a damn about it lol (Not surprised though, I always end up being the weird one in almost everything)

It even got a lame videoclip compared to others she's released. She didn't deserve that song :bpo:

Yeah, I'll never understand how "Side to Side" was such a huge hit, when "Into You" was superior in every single aspect and barely made an impact. I think it's just another sign that true pop is dead right now, and no one can get a radio hit unless it's featuring a rapper or other R&B/Hip Hop artist. And as someone who grew up listening to nothing but pure pop, that is depressing. 

Archived