Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

VMA 2007 - What was going on?


Recommended Posts

I'm sure there have been threads about this but can't find any and have googled many times and all I can find is speculation that she drank tequila shots backstage and that Justin was around looking for her...also that she had an argument with her hair stylist so locked herself in her dressing room?!! This is all unconfirmed I think.

It's clear watching this performance that Britney wasn't her usual self, or in a 'coherent' state of mind. She does actually manage to do a lot of the choreo though, so I'd have thought if she was completely drunk or high on something that she'd literally be stumbling all around the stage unable to get to the correct places in time.

Yet her movements are 'off' somehow, her face looks vacant and she has zero sharpness or energy. Very strange performance.

Does anyone know something I don't about what happened, and/or what do you think might have happened or been going on? Also in what ways would you say she seemed different that night?

Link to comment
Guest thanos18

no big difference from her rehearsals and not big difference from  choreo.this video proves it.she did the moves right. just more sharpness and energy were missing 

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, thanos18 said:

no big difference from her rehearsals and not big difference from  choreo.this video proves it.she did the moves right. just more sharpness and energy were missing 

 

Yes she definitely did the moves right, I've seen that video its really interesting comparing. Energy was off for sure. 

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, thanos18 said:

no big difference from her rehearsals and not big difference from  choreo.this video proves it.she did the moves right. just more sharpness and energy were missing 

 

I feel like if she had her hair properly done instead of that frayed ratty weave and if she had a much more flattering costume on, this performance wouldn't have been as badly panned.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I'm sure there have been threads about this but can't find any and have googled many times and all I can find is speculation that she drank tequila shots backstage and that Justin was around looking for her...also that she had an argument with her hair stylist so locked herself in her dressing room?!! This is all unconfirmed I think.

It's clear watching this performance that Britney wasn't her usual self, or in a 'coherent' state of mind. She does actually manage to do a lot of the choreo though, so I'd have thought if she was completely drunk or high on something that she'd literally be stumbling all around the stage unable to get to the correct places in time.

Yet her movements are 'off' somehow, her face looks vacant and she has zero sharpness or energy. Very strange performance.

Does anyone know something I don't about what happened, and/or what do you think might have happened or been going on? Also in what ways would you say she seemed different that night?


It's as simple as it looks.
-she didn't rehearse enough
-she  wasn't in a good state of mind
-she wasn't in the greatest shape
-she was probably on meds
-she was probably on drugs or alchool
-the performance itself was not so well thought

The rest is pure speculation  (Justin, broken heel...))

17 minutes ago, iamtylor said:

yes i remember that story that she locked herself in her dressing room and cut her extensions halfway off. she was suppose to wear a corset but felt that wasn't **** enough. i love this era 

Fake, in the two rehearsal leaked vids she's wearing the same exact two pieces

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, iamtylor said:

yes i remember that story that she locked herself in her dressing room and cut her extensions halfway off. she was suppose to wear a corset but felt that wasn't **** enough. i love this era 

There's some other rehearsal video with long hair and this costume.I don't think any of the stories about that performance is true.She was nervous.

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:


It's as simple as it looks.
-she didn't rehearse enough
-she  wasn't in a good state of mind
-she wasn't in the greatest shape
-she was probably on meds
-she was probably on drugs or alchool
-the performance itself was not so well thought

The rest is pure speculation  (Justin, broken heel...))

Fake, in the two rehearsal leaked vids she's wearing the same exact two pieces

This makes a lot of sense, it was most likely a combination of several factors. I would have loved to have been invisible that night and wondering around backstage to see what was happening lol.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Daniella said:

I heard she was pissed off from that ***** who called her children mistakes. Also, yeah, britney looked a bit out of it but you know what? That choreography was flat out terrible to begin with. No amount of energy could salvage it. 

Oh that was Sarah Silverman? I'd be hurt too by that tbh :whitneyshade:

Link to comment
2 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I'm sure there have been threads about this but can't find any and have googled many times and all I can find is speculation that she drank tequila shots backstage and that Justin was around looking for her...also that she had an argument with her hair stylist so locked herself in her dressing room?!! This is all unconfirmed I think.

It's clear watching this performance that Britney wasn't her usual self, or in a 'coherent' state of mind. She does actually manage to do a lot of the choreo though, so I'd have thought if she was completely drunk or high on something that she'd literally be stumbling all around the stage unable to get to the correct places in time.

Yet her movements are 'off' somehow, her face looks vacant and she has zero sharpness or energy. Very strange performance.

Does anyone know something I don't about what happened, and/or what do you think might have happened or been going on? Also in what ways would you say she seemed different that night?

You're describing any Femme Fatale era performance :haha:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Deactivated
3 hours ago, Daniella said:

I heard she was pissed off from that ***** who called her children mistakes. Also, yeah, britney looked a bit out of it but you know what? That choreography was flat out terrible to begin with. No amount of energy could salvage it. 

i don't think that's necessarily true cuz she opened the awards show and sarah didn't come out until after

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Dark.Knight said:

i don't think that's necessarily true cuz she opened the awards show and sarah didn't come out until after

I never watched the full 2007 VMA's. I always thought Sarah Silverman came before Britney. I remember shows like ET saying Britney might have gotten pissed off from the comments so I thought maybe this was the problem but yeah, you probably know more about this. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block