reading an old Rolling Stone Article

patience darling

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/britney-spears-finds-it-hard-to-be-a-woman-rolling-stones-2003-cover-story-20110329

"Spears is wearing a white blouse with pink trim and no bra, jeans and white coral-looking earrings, and she's sipping a can of Mountain Dew. She looks as if she's barely slept. It's refreshing, in a way: For once, Spears appears more like a living, breathing twenty-one-year-old than a plastic sculpture, with pimples and loosely barretted hair and no makeup save for some black eyeliner that appears slept in. We sit at a wicker table in a lush, hidden patio area, where she immediately orders coffee. I mention that she looks tired. She smiles and says a girlfriend from out of town was visiting and that they stayed up late talking."

"Of course, I'm not doing '... Baby One More Time' and those big, massive hits anymore," Spears says. "I think this record is where I'm at right now in my life. It's sensual, it's ******." She laughs. "I'm probably writing about that subconsciously because I don't have that right now."

"I like the Moby song," Spears says.

What's that one called?
There is a long pause. "Um." Pause. "Morning'? 'Morning,' I think it's called. No, 'All Morning.' Yeah. [Actually, the song is, at present, titled "Early Mornin'."] It's about going out at night and feeling like **** the next day."

I love her IDGAF attitude.  Thoughts on this article?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, patience-darling said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/britney-spears-finds-it-hard-to-be-a-woman-rolling-stones-2003-cover-story-20110329

"Spears is wearing a white blouse with pink trim and no bra, jeans and white coral-looking earrings, and she's sipping a can of Mountain Dew. She looks as if she's barely slept. It's refreshing, in a way: For once, Spears appears more like a living, breathing twenty-one-year-old than a plastic sculpture, with pimples and loosely barretted hair and no makeup save for some black eyeliner that appears slept in. We sit at a wicker table in a lush, hidden patio area, where she immediately orders coffee. I mention that she looks tired. She smiles and says a girlfriend from out of town was visiting and that they stayed up late talking."

"Of course, I'm not doing '... Baby One More Time' and those big, massive hits anymore," Spears says. "I think this record is where I'm at right now in my life. It's sensual, it's ******." She laughs. "I'm probably writing about that subconsciously because I don't have that right now."

"I like the Moby song," Spears says.

What's that one called?
There is a long pause. "Um." Pause. "Morning'? 'Morning,' I think it's called. No, 'All Morning.' Yeah. [Actually, the song is, at present, titled "Early Mornin'."] It's about going out at night and feeling like **** the next day."

I love her IDGAF attitude.  Thoughts on this article?

:shadelaugh:

I don't want to talk about this at length, but when Justin Timberlake put out his song and video, and then later started talking publicly about your relationship, how did you react? Were you pissed off? Were you hurt?
I think I was in shock, to be honest. I didn't know what to say, what to do. That was the last thing I ever thought somebody might do. I was really shocked shitless. But you live and you learn.

Did you call him up or say anything to him?
Well, actually, [laughs] he called [laughs]. I'm gonna break it down right now, OK? You want the scoop, you want the truth? Here it is. He called me up and asked me if it was OK. I can't believe I'm telling you this right now. But who cares. He called me up and wanted to supposedly get back together or whatever, but behind it was, "And by the way, you're in a video that's coming out." That kind of got slipped in. "Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal." So the record label called and said, "If you want to change this, you can." I had the power to say no to the video. But I didn't, because I thought, "Hey, it's your video."

Had you seen it?
I hadn't seen it. Then it came out, and I said, "I should've freakin' said no to this ****!" I was so like, "Whoa. What is going on right now?" But, hey. And I said, "Why did you do this?" He goes, 'Well, I got a controversial video." And I was like, "You did. [Claps her hands, as if for a dog that just performed a trick.] Yay for you." So he got what he wanted. [Clears throat] I think it looks like such a desperate attempt, personally. But that was a great way to sell the record. He's smart [laughs]. Smart guy.

So you had two songs written about you recently.
What?

Well, Justin Timberlake did "Cry Me a River," and then Fred Durst came out with "Just Drop Dead." Is there something about you that makes guys want to write nasty songs about you?
I think guys have egos, and when their egos get hurt and their pride's messed up, they deal in weird ways. And, um, I don't know, man. I really don't know. It's made me really weary of guys, I'll put it that way.

This is the song!!! I knew there was a song but I've never listened to it before, I thought it wasn't released :ponderney:

Archived