What era was "Welcome to Me" for?

BoyToySoldier

It's not from the Britney album :weirdmeout: Are y'all crazy? Yeah, Britney was starting to experiment with her sexuality during that era, but she was smart enough not to go full-on **** until the ITZ era at least. Had she recorded, let alone released a song like Welcome To Me during that time, there's no doubt in my mind it would've destroyed her career.

It was recorded during 06-07 with the rest of the Blackout tracks. It was confirmed that Britney was writing with Carole Bayer Sager, one of the song's co-writers, around that time. Just because Wade Robson has a co-writing credit on the song doesn't mean he and Britney were in the same room working on it together. Carole and Wade are songwriting partners, so they could've been working on the song together and  Britney could've added her parts while recording it in the studio, for example.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It's not from the Britney album :weirdmeout: Are y'all crazy? Yeah, Britney was starting to experiment with her sexuality during that era, but she was smart enough not to go full-on **** until the ITZ era at least. Had she recorded, let alone released a song like Welcome To Me during that time, there's no doubt in my mind it would've destroyed her career.

It was recorded during 06-07 with the rest of the Blackout tracks. It was confirmed that Britney was writing with Carole Bayer Sager, one of the song's co-writers, around that time. Just because Wade Robson has a co-writing credit on the song doesn't mean he and Britney were in the same room working on it together. Carole and Wade are songwriting partners, so they could've been working on the song together and  Britney could've added her parts while recording it in the studio, for example.

Receipts? She was also working with her during In the Zone.

Archived