GLORIOUS - AN ERA IN REVIEW

DJSLAYZEE

4trltw.jpg

Let's take a look back on this glorious era. The slow and steady return of Britney the performer and the artist but most of all a happy and balanced Britney Jean. Meltdowns guaranteed, this has been a mostly great journey. Couldn't be more proud to be a Britney stan.

if you have any dates or etc comment and I'll update!

Brit hits the Booth

August 2014 - Announces RCA contract renewed. Album has no timeline so Britney takes her time

rs_600x600-140905155343-600-britney-spea

March 2015 - Cover of Billboard Magazine

britney-spears-bb8-2015-cover-billboard-

A Rocky Start

"'Pretty Girls' wasn't original. Britney wanted to do things that were fresh and unexpected this time. There was never a moment where she was given a song, and anybody said, 'This is a hit. You have to sing it'. Britney pursued the songs she wanted to do for herself. She came up with concepts and melodies. It's her baby. It's like being an athlete. If you're doing it that much, you're getting yourself into shape. She was always ready to work during the album sessions, and it was very important to her to be done by a certain time so she could pick up her boys from school."

— Executive producer Karen Kwak describing the recording process of Glory.[4]

4/30/2015 - Pretty Girls single cover unvieled

April  2015 - Matthew Koma reports he is working on Britney's new album. Doesn't make the final cut

CELZamRUgAEKjRJ.png

5/3/2015- Britney partners up with Uber to play Pretty Girls when picked up by these SUVs

Side-2.jpg

5/4/15 - Pretty Girls released: Top 20-40 in UK, U.S. (#1 Billboard Dance Charts), France, Australia, Canada. #60 in Ireland. Nominated for two Teen Choice Awards

5/17/15 - Pretty Girls performed at 2015 Billboard Music Awards

June 2015 - Sam Bruno and Britney reported working together. Doesn't make the cut

July 2015 - Mood Ring created

July - November 2015 - Burns, Alex Da Kid, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter pictured and confimed working with Britney. 

August 2015 - Pretty Girls performed in Piece of Me

October 9th - Tom's Diner released. (#38 Billboard Dance Charts, #7 Argentina, #11 Lebanon) Critically Acclaimed

GLORY 

Six months in, Britney is dissatisfied with the album and hires A.R. Karen Kwak to executive produce the album.

Spears said that she was "being more hands-on" with the album and that it is "the best thing I've done in a long time," though she noted that she did not know when the album would be finished and that she was "not rushing anything [...] so that my fans will truly appreciate it."

Love Me Down is the last song recorded. 

July 15, 2016 - Make Me... (ft. G-Eazy) is the first single off the long awaited Glory. Best single cover in years, major tease

rs_600x600-160715032717-600.britney-spea

8/3/16 - Spears reveals name (inspired by Sean Preston), cover, and that promo single Private Show is the first of the grat tracks available. Coincides with her 20th fragrance of the same name

o.43565.jpg

Appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! pranking him in his sleep to an impromptu performance of Make Me...

8/5/16 - the rushed cackle version of Make Me is released. Britney saves it by being **** and adorable

8/11 & 18/ 16 - Clumsy and DYWTCO released as promo singles

DYWTCO voted best song

8/25/16 - "controversial" James Corden Kareoke performance. Make Me.., Oops!, BOMT, Toxic, Womanizer performed

8/26/16 - Godney blesses us with GLORY

#3 US, Germany, South Korea International Charts #2 UK, #1 Ireland, Italy, top ten of 26 countries

She interprets the story – whether she's talking about fun and *** or talking about heartbreak, you feel it. [She gives] voice for days. The voice is so specific but it never ends – there's endless possibilities.

—Tranter commenting about Spears

Glory was included in several year end lists. Slant Magazine considered it the 10th best album of the year,[52] for website Digital Spy it was the 11st best, and [53] for Fuse the 12nd.[54]

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Aalbum%3A7gALIuQHKvpZR8EtbNZ7qK" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

9/1/16 - Appears on U.S. Morning news show Today! for the first time in 15 years. Performs DYWTCO and Make Me..

9/24/16 - performs at iHeartRadio Festival 

9/27/16 - Performs at Apple Music Festival in the UK

10/1/16 - Make Me.. performed at Jonathan Ross show. The best rendition

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, patience-darling said:

Beautiful :brit:

Thanks I've been meaning to do this for a while. Thought it'd be cool to see it all lain out :)

11/18/16 - Slumber Party ft. Tinasha is released as second single. Videography is redeemed, to be updated 

The Huffington Post, wrote that the video "saved 2016" Staff called the video "pure indulgence", while Megan French of Us Weekly named it "too hot to handle."Emilee Lindner of Fuse was extremely positive, writing: "It's hot. It's heavy. It's a Britney Spears video. It even has her recreating her 'Toxic' moves as she crawls toward the camera on a table." Lewis Corner of Digital Spy considered it "easily one of the hottest of her career so far", adding that "the pair look absolutely flawless in the seductive visual."For Zac Johnson of E! News, "Not since 'Boys' has Britney made walking through party look like art", and also praised the chemistry between Spears and Tinashe, as well as the scene where Spears is "crawling across the table and licking up spilled milk." Rolling Stone review highlighted that "director Colin Tilley peppers in salacious moments in the video wherever possible."

Cady Lang of Time wrote that the "unabashedly 'pop' feel of the video brings to mind the Brit that we all knew and loved back during her heyday — that is to say that there's no shortage of body glitter, choreographed group dance routines, candy colored ensembles, and toned abs during this grown-up 'Slumber Party'."Alexa Camp of Slant Magazine noted that the scene where Spears crawls on a dining room and licks spilled milk reminded her of a scene from Madonna's 1989 video for 'Express Yourself.'"[Camp also stated that "the video employs sexuality—and homosexuality—purely for the benefit of the male gaze." While naming it "a fun, outrageous, and expensive-looking clip", Anna Gaca of Spin opined that the video is "miles better than the forced, brand-filled video for 'Make Me,' and the addition of Tinashe's vocals is enough to make you wonder why they ever released the song without her."[

2 minutes ago, Instant Dejavu said:

I've been slayed, this is great, congrats. :overwhelm::):overwhelm:

For some reason I can't go back and edit. I want it to look cleaner but thanks boo!

2 minutes ago, Ant 'Opz' said:

This post is so on point and so necessary! Britney has really come a long way.  I'm so proud of her.  Can't wait to see what is next! :milkney: :foh: :clap:

Totally. It makes you really see that girl is/was busy this time around. She really cares about things going right this time!

Archived