11/27- 9 Year Anniversary Of The Single "Piece Of Me' Release

IconicShow

It's been 9 years today, 11/27 since the release of Britney's iconic second single off "Blackout"

United States[93] November 27, 2007 Mainstream radio

Piece of me was released. The song won 3 MTV VMA"s for the video

The song title is the name of Britney's Vegas Residency

Piece of Me was first performed on the Circus tour, than FF tour, and now in her Vegas show.

Rolling Stone ranked the song at number fifteen on their list of the 100 Best Songs of 2007

Alex Fletcher of Digital Spy gave "Piece of Me" four stars, calling it "a two fingered-salute to the media hounds and an electro-thudding cry of defiance, warning us that this popstrel is not for turning.

Peter Robinson of The Observer and Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly named "Piece of Me" one of the standout tracks of the album.[11][12] Dennis Lim of Blender called it one of the best tracks of Blackout along with "Gimme More".[13] Laura Herbert of BBC News said that the song is "without doubt the best track on the whole album. [...] It's a masterpiece."[14] Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said "[Bloodshy & Avant] evoke the horror, the exhilaration and (finally) the boredom of [Spears'] overexamined life. It’s brilliant".[7]

On February 9, 2008, the song peaked at number 18.

The video was filmed November 27th and 28th, directed by "I'm Not A Girl' director Wayne Isham. Over 90 million views thus far.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

Iconic song off a flawless album! :queenflopga2: It's a sassy anthem and I play it on the daily! :queenflopga:

This should be an international holiday tbh honored by every country! Everyone should be allowed to sign up for free Spotify or Apple Music accounts and stream the (inter)national anthem known as Piece of Me!

hn1imoQGM4X60.gif

tumblr_njb381rVE41t0jev2o1_500.gif

GMrc3rOerGclq.gif

Archived