When Britney first lip synched

monalisaney81

How do you imagine it went?

I can imagine her having lost her voice or something or being sick and not being able to sing. So then Larry tells her no problem we will just play the song and you move your lips accordingly.  Britney probably was hesitant and felt like she was like cheating the crowd but Larry reassured her that it's what the big pop stars like Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson do so it wasn't cheating the crowd persay. 

So that was what they did and after the performance Britney was extremly happy with how it went and thinks its the best its ever gone and she was able to dance even better and slowly it started becoming a thing. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.During her debut she was singing live.The more heavy choreos she did the less she sang.You can see many videos through the years and you will realise it.Finally they made Primeney who stopped completely singing.

It is impossible to sing while dancing like this

I didn't mind for lipsyncing as long as I saw really heavy slaying choreo with untouchable energy.

Currentney has no reasons to not sing live tho or at least use prerecorded vocals.She doesn't even try to sync her mouth with the playback.

Guest StrawberryKisses

She's pretty much AT LEAST sung over a track Oops era onward, except for a few ballads or TV performances.

Some of her Letterman / Rosie BOMT performances used pre-recorded vocals. :quirkney:

It's really hard to sing and dance! I've tried. Especially since she's not using her natural voice. And she wasn't trained to SING, but DANCE. I remember kids in the school yard talking about her lip-syncing. goes back to 2000.

12 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

How do you imagine it went?

I can imagine her having lost her voice or something or being sick and not being able to sing. So then Larry tells her no problem we will just play the song and you move your lips accordingly.  Britney probably was hesitant and felt like she was like cheating the crowd but Larry reassured her that it's what the big pop stars like Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson do so it wasn't cheating the crowd persay. 

So that was what they did and after the performance Britney was extremly happy with how it went and thinks its the best its ever gone and she was able to dance even better and slowly it started becoming a thing. 

Not really. It was probably when she performed on CD:UK or Top of the Pops etc. They generally demanded that every artist lipsync to a CD track. I believe this was due to production costs.

12 hours ago, ebritneybeat said:

No.During her debut she was singing live.The more heavy choreos she did the less she sang.You can see many videos through the years and you will realise it.Finally they made Primeney who stopped completely singing.

It is impossible to sing while dancing like this

I didn't mind for lipsyncing as long as I saw really heavy slaying choreo with untouchable energy.

Currentney has no reasons to not sing live tho or at least use prerecorded vocals.She doesn't even try to sync her mouth with the playback.

They muted her on that one. She was actually singing along: 

12 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

it was a slow process

first singing completely live (BOMT era)

then singing over her vocals (Oops era)

then singing only a few parts of the song (Britney era)

and finally lip synching the whole song (ITZ era until now)

True. And I really hope she will sing live someday, use backings again, I would love to see here sitting on a chair or playing piano

She even has fake mics which r dead due to some tv promotions, c'mon that's embarrassing

Archived