Was the 2006/2007 Britney paparazzi craze the worst its been for any artist in history?

greenbear89

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys have any videos of paparazzi harassing Lady Di the way they did Britney? Ive been youtubing and honestly it seems like Britney had it the worst, and she was so strong to go through all of that. So so strong. Like I get annoyed when my friends want to hang out during the day AND the evening lol (im a very private person and enjoy my alone time, like Britney) so I cant imagine Britney having to feel like she never had alone time 24/7. Like the helicopter over house wtf thats so scary. 

Princess Diana, MJ and Britney I think were the worst case scenarios we have ever truly seen.

I quite honestly have no idea why Kim Kardashian is even being mentioned tbh, because while she gets
a lot of attention... it has never got to a place where her life on a regular basis is in jeopardy.
The recent robbing incident had nothing to do with paparazzi. Those people were criminals and that entire fiasco is mainly
centered on the very fact that Kim likes to flaunt her wealth and life to seek attention from press.
Why do you think Khloe confirmed on Ellen that Kim and the entire family have had a serious 'wake up call' from all of this 
and plan to make some changes on how much they share and put themselves out there?
MJ, Diana and Britney on the other hand... aren't guilty of this like Kim is. They did not seek out press or flaunt to gain publicity
like the Kardashians have and do. They really didn't need to either.  

While Marilyn did get a lot of attention and media herself as well, it wasn't to the drastic scale that it reached during the 90's and the millennium.
Though that's not to say that it wasn't awful. The 90's and millennium was however the time where paparazzi truly grew and became a serious, dangerous and complex force upon celebrities. Britney was the first female artist really to ever experience a brand new height
of fame and invasion of privacy, which is why Larry, critics and journalists always remind us of this when reflecting on Britney's past troubles and struggles with fame. People like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Lindsay on the other hand, those type of stars aren't really experiencing this type of full, extreme and intense height of fame where it has undoubtedly become chaos and their lives have become an on-going daily TV show on TMZ, X-17, E!, Perez Hilton, Entertainment Tonight, etc like Britney's life became in the US during her breakdown... and like Diana's life became over here all those years ago in Great Britain. Bieber and Kardashians are only at the phenomenon level of fame, and while that level of fame is extremely tedious and somewhat crazy... it really isn't exactly havoc or completely out of control. Its not what people like MJ, Diana and Britney experienced at all. Its completely different. They're experiences with fame just cannot even compare to current 'celebrities' as of today.

When I was watching the film, I could not even IMAGINE going through what Britney did. I have anxiety myself, and I was experience it while watching that film. My heart just broke for her. They treated her horribly and gave her no peace. I am so proud of her.

I do feel as though Kim likes this attention, and she wasn't experiencing the trauma Britney was. Kim is made for this industry in that sense, where we know Britney wants somewhat of a normal life and is a private person. That is the difference between her and Kim in my opinion.

13 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Kim Kardashian is at the level today, maybe even worse.  

12 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Britney's was.... it was bad. I can't speak to what Kim's going through right now, but as Curiousexhaler86 said, it was insane. You can still see it in For The Record, but that was nothing like 06/07. I'd say yes, unfortunately.

12 hours ago, JKW said:

Nonsense. Lindsay Lohan and Kim are still alive 

That's true, but i believe Kim K' enjoys it tbh :rude2me:, that's her thing & she's not a private person for sure.  On the other hand, Britney...:crying2:

10 hours ago, Maryy said:

wtf?

how can you compare Britney's meltdown to Kim's robbery? :rude2me:

Kim is NOT at the same level of emotional and physical breakdowns of Britney!!! i mean, not even near  :beynah:

Kim is just grabbing what she planted in some way... Britney was never an attention ***** like Kim (even though i like her, i know that she is well-known for nothing in the end). Britney never wanted the attention of paparazzi like she felt those days!

it's just not comparable. 

We're talking about meltdowns and robberies?  That's news to me.  I thought we were comparing the paparazzi hysteria?  Wow.  Must have missed something along the way.

17 hours ago, austsilva said:

Why are people saying lilo? Yes she was hounded by the paps but not really anymore than say Paris Hilton or Amanda Byrnes neither of them came close to Britneys harassment. I'd say princess Diana and Michael are the only ones who were on par with Britneys paps problem. Kim kardashian is close but the difference is she seeks it. She craves the paps to take pictures of her. She wants her life to be captured on camera and make all the money in the world. Britney just wanted to be left alone. I think the attitude the paps have with Kim is also very different then they were with Britney. 

yes, definitely Diana rip:crying1:

Archived