Forbes article about Glory :(

Gloray

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CaliSky said:

i think its interesting that they say something clearly isn't connecting with audiences anymore, hence two flop eras in a row. i really hope team britney takes this seriously and addresses the disconnect. i don't think i need to write the couple of things that are causing the disconnect - we all know. 

They are running her career as a nostalgia act. 

Pure truth.

In Britney's degense however, she's been in Vegas for the last three years, lip syncs and doesn't do proper choreo for songs other than maybe Gimme More, BTI & Work *****

all of these factors have led to this. The horrendous release and promo of MM & video didn't help either.

Could Britney have a number 1 album again? Easily. Does she need to GTFO out of vegas, sing live and dance better? Yes.

No, it's not a drag article. It is someone legitimately not understanding how someone with the star power Britney has can do so poorly on the charts and sales wise. They did not insult the music, they did not insult Britney or her style, her hair, her lips, her leotards (and yes, I did include all of that with y'all in mind), etc etc. They just put the facts forward and then said, "But why? We're confused by it."

They are pointing out the issues Britney, her team, and RCA all need to face and take focus on. I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but it usually does.

Just now, Crayboy said:

Pure truth.

In Britney's degense however, she's been in Vegas for the last three years, lip syncs and doesn't do proper choreo for songs other than maybe Gimme More, BTI & Work *****

all of these factors have led to this. The horrendous release and promo of MM & video didn't help either.

Could Britney have a number 1 album again? Easily. Does she need to GTFO out of vegas, sing live and dance better? Yes.

She needs better visuals as well. Basically everything that made Britney who's she is as a legend they have let die. 

All her iconic songs have strong visuals. 

It's RCA fault.. they want Glory be in the top with just a single?? It can't be possible... 

It's october and we don't have the second single.. 

They think if they will do the second single next year, Glory will be in the top again?? 

I can't with RCA and with her team! 

First off why are people down voting the OP lol he didn't write it. 

Secondly, I mean what do people expect when a star releases an album but promotes side jobs rather than the album? Performs 2 songs from the album with Zumba style dances and CD vocals. Who wants to invest in an artist like that? Her name is not enough for people to just blindly buy her material. Glory is an INCREDIBLE album but she herself as a performer is just blah. 

The album itself was reviewed well by many media outlets, and the collection is chock full of catchy, radio-ready tunes, any one of which might fare better than “Make Me…” did if given the chance and the proper resources.

Spill this tea, Forbes! :queenflopga:

The article is actually a factual analysis of the album sales. It does not shade Britney at all (or indirectly, by hinting that Make Me... was not the best lead single, but we already know that).

:tbh:

I can't with them thinking the second single might not be coming, though. ru4sbo.jpg Is the writer reading Exhale's meltdowns? 2mxljr7.jpg

I hope articles like that make her team wake the **** up, they need to realize they're the ones ruining her career since 2008.

I really hope they don't put the blame on Britney for Glory's underwhelming performance, the woman did her most, promoted her *** off, performed amazingly, made amazing music. Glory is ******* perfect, one of her best albums ever, all she needed to support the album properly was better production for her performances, a decent video for her lead single and some basic management strategies.

Knowing her shitty record label I'm sure they'll make it seem like the problem is on her and on the music she decided to put out, they clearly didn't support Glory like they did with FF, her most generic album. If Glory ends up being a flop I'll be scared for B10, cause they'll probably make FF 2.0 full of disposable music and market her as a *** kitten like they've been doing since 2001. The public will cringe and continue to underestimate her as an artist, and we all know Britney won't be feeling it and will get depressed, then we'll have to wait another 5 years for her to heal. 

:otears:

2 minutes ago, joe sp said:

It´s crazy, they´ve been doing that since Circus. It´s like she has nothing left to offer

they need to let primeney go and focus on the NEW Britney

This 100%

Her past is important but they need to focus on new hits and not some that already are huge.

Her old hits don't need promo they got the best promo one can get back during primeney.

The article wasn't rude, they even praised her brand / name and were surprised it wasn't doing better on charts. And what they wrote was the truth. 

However I find unnecessary from them to write an article about how a Britney Spears album is flopping, like what was the point with the article? 

3 minutes ago, joe sp said:

It´s crazy, they´ve been doing that since Circus. It´s like she has nothing left to offer

they need to let primeney go and focus on the NEW Britney

New Britney needs to focus on herself idk how she thinks it's okay what she's doing on stage!

3 minutes ago, Denisa said:

It's RCA fault.. they want Glory be in the top with just a single?? It can't be possible... 

It's october and we don't have the second single.. 

They think if they will do the second single next year, Glory will be in the top again?? 

I can't with RCA and with her team! 

Britney is to blame as well. She's the artist. She's been in the game for 20 years she can call the shots if she wants to achieve success.

11 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

LITERALLY!!! Idk why they're doing this it's like they're (and herself) intentionally wanting her to fizzle out . 

People are are gonna start seeing how she performs nowadays on tv like with iheart and vmas and AMF and ticket sales will crash immensely because most of the people who see her in vegas and expect to see her killing it on stage but in reality she's just skipping around lipping to old *** vocals. It's a shame 

It's all true. Anyone who thinks otherwise can get out with the perfect delusion. There might be a second single, but would it help sell albums? As forbes stated, Glory is doing selling so low what would a second single do? Definitely wouldn't move 1M albums. At best, if it were a hit it'd move as much as make me did (which mind you had the added benefit of the album debut.) And people think there'll be 3/4 singles. :shameless:

That's what y'all said during Britney Jean. 

3 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

New Britney needs to focus on herself idk how she thinks it's okay what she's doing on stage!

Britney is to blame as well. She's the artist. She's been in the game for 20 years she can call the shots if she wants to achieve success.

LITERALLY!!! Idk why they're doing this it's like they're (and herself) intentionally wanting her to fizzle out . 

People are are gonna start seeing how she performs nowadays on tv like with iheart and vmas and AMF and ticket sales will crash immensely because most of the people who see her in vegas and expect to see her killing it on stage but in reality she's just skipping around lipping to old *** vocals. It's a shame 

I take it that they don't want to put in the effort of making new hits. 

Nothing they do makes much sense. 

10 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

This seems to be one of the foundational issues on why she's unable to connect with the audience tbh.

I don't like that "Britney" seems to equal late 90s/early 2000s to a lot of people. Just by that connection, she feels very outdated despite the fact that there are many artists her age or older than her who are still "relevant". These artists were able to keep reinventing themselves to stay current and make sure their fans didn't end up drowning in nostalgia. 

Britney is a key example on how bad marketing (or lack of marketing) can lead to even a high-quality product (i.e. Glory) flopping.

5 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

It's really not. The main reason she's underperforming is because of Femme Fatale and Britney Jean (especially), albums she was forced to do due to the conservatorship. RCA literally hijacked Britney Jean's original concept and made her record dance pop songs.

She ain't gonna sell millions by singing living here and there, after years of image tarnishing. The effect those last 5 years had on her career is not reversible I'm afraid.

Archived