What is the reason why 'Liar' generates so much consensus on Exhale?

Maryy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It evokes that feeling of classic Britney, despite the Dark Horse-ish pre-chorus. The chorus is one of the strongest from Glory (most of the songs from the album don't follow that structure, and rely in other elements of the song, which I think makes them more risky, and sometimes less memorable).

People that doesn't like it probably are the same that think her first three albums are her worst :britoverit:

People that prefer songs like Slumber Party or Love Me Down, Just Luv Me, for some reason make me believe they are afraid to recognize they like other artists better than Britney, but for some reason are clung to Britney, and secretly, but desperately, want Britney to be like their true faves, so they can finally feel proud of being a fan of hers. I appreciate Britney for doing alternative-ish kind of songs, at least for her, but I'll always prefer the ones that are, at least the closest to, straight forward pop. 

43 minutes ago, david lachapelle said:

i don't like liar because of the horrendous country undertones.

EDIT: it's NOT classic Britney. Britney is not a country singer. 

And just because it has some undertones doesn't make it a country song. The last thing I think about is country when I listen to it. It actually reminds me a lot to one song by a Mexican pop band of the 00's. I think that's the magic of pop music, it can borrow a lot of elements from other genres, but it'll always stay pop.

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And just because it has some undertones doesn't make it a country song. The last thing I think about is country when I listen to it. It actually reminds me a lot to one song by a Mexican pop band of the 00's. I think that's the magic of pop music, it can borrow a lot of elements from other genres, but it'll always stay pop.

Ppl are all over the place with their descriptions lately. 

How could anyone think Liar is country? 

It's amusing actually 

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It evokes that feeling of classic Britney, despite the Dark Horse-ish pre-chorus. The chorus is one of the strongest from Glory (most of the songs from the album don't follow that structure, and rely in other elements of the song, which I think makes them more risky, and sometimes less memorable).

People that doesn't like it probably are the same that think her first three albums are her worst :britoverit:

People that prefer songs like Slumber Party or Love Me Down, Just Luv Me, for some reason make me believe they are afraid to recognize they like other artists better than Britney, but for some reason are clung to Britney, and secretly, but desperately, want Britney to be like their true faves, so they can finally feel proud of being a fan of hers. I appreciate Britney for doing alternative-ish kind of songs, at least for her, but I'll always prefer the ones that are, at least the closest to, straight forward pop. 

This tea is hot :hype:

I feel like the people who want Liar as a single are the same people who post pictures of Britney wearing sketchers sneakers and hip hugger bootcut Hollister jeans and say "Why doesn't she still dress like this on stage?"  :JLostare: It's very dated and yes it's "classic Britney" but so what? Things go out of style and it makes artists look desperate and old if they keep trying to recreate something they did 10 plus years ago.

I know right! I ******* HATE the song and find it so odd everyone loves it. !?

its one of the most generic songs on the cd, it even sounds dated. It makes me far from proud and more ashamed if that song would come on the radio and people would associate it with me bc they know im a Brit fan. Put on Slave or Breathe on me or Everytime and i am PROUD. But this is like teeny generic dated basic childish poppy crap. 

28 minutes ago, GemmaTeller said:

I feel like the people who want Liar as a single are the same people who post pictures of Britney wearing sketchers sneakers and hip hugger bootcut Hollister jeans and say "Why doesn't she still dress like this on stage?"  :JLostare: It's very dated and yes it's "classic Britney" but so what? Things go out of style and it makes artists look desperate and old if they keep trying to recreate something they did 10 plus years ago.

And this. Exactly this. Its not ******* 2001.

because it's classic Britney, Pop Britney :rude2me: and a ******* timeless bop

55 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

THIS TBFH

55 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Dont agree at all. Her first few albums are some of her best, just dated. But they came out at the right time. This is a dated generic song that comes out now. Judgemental not true tea comment.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Like Britney herself. :awyeah:

5 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

There was Poll on Britney.com that asked what should be the next single:

1. Slumber Party

2. Liar

3.Just Luv Me

Some people started saying Liar was better than Slumber Party and the "slumber Party" fans got upset and started bashing "Liar".

In the end, Slumber Party would still be a weaker single.

Image result for delusional mariah gif

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

i know a lot of people feel like this here 

but actually they are right :rihclap:

music has changed sweetie , the fact that i don't like a song from BOMT album doesn't show that i don't like her first 3 albums , it's just i don't want that kind of music anymore

i want my favorite artist which is Britney , to create new modern sounds 

not basic old dated beats 

we live in 2016 for god sake , and slumber party is a fresh sound , i love Liar tbh , but it sounds dated and choosing it for second single is just :sofedup: 

her first 3 albums were amazing , that's why they sold millions and millions copies , but they were amazing in their own date. Liar sounds like something from 2002 , we love it because it's kind of a flashback to her prime music , but is it a generic dated song ? yes it is . 

Archived