Is Glory really dead? - Updated Sales

iZacaree

5 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

yes hun. And so are you. Give Glory an honest listen. FABULOUS ALBUM. But is there a toxic on there? Make me? Slumber Party? Liar? Love Me Down? All good songs...but not the Grammy award winning, innovative, one of a kind global smash of toxic. Get real tbh 

Exactly. Britney definitely played it safe on this album. She's even stated, herself, that "Revival" by SG was her biggest inspiration - so she created an album that is very similar to it, sonically. ITZ was ground-breaking.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Exactly. Britney definitely played it safe on this album. She's even stated, herself, that "Revival" by SG was her biggest inspiration - so she created an album that is very similar to it, sonically. ITZ was ground-breaking.

Yeah double agreeing. I think I saw a thread asking if the producers behind slumber party were the new bloodshy and avant. I almost barfed. Almost every song on this album is based off of another relatively current song. I LOVE GLORY don't get me wrong - its so current. But "Toxic" could be released today or 5 years from now and still be fresh. That is the magic of B&A - combining seemingly wildly different influences (middle eastern bhangra, 60's surge guitar, electro pop) and fusing them into a seamless pop masterpiece. 

3 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

Yeah double agreeing. I think I saw a thread asking if the producers behind slumber party were the new bloodshy and avant. I almost barfed. Almost every song on this album is based off of another relatively current song. I LOVE GLORY don't get me wrong - its so current. But "Toxic" could be released today or 5 years from now and still be fresh. That is the magic of B&A - combining seemingly wildly different influences (middle eastern bhangra, 60's surge guitar, electro pop) and fusing them into a seamless pop masterpiece. 

Triple agreeing with you, my ridiculously handsome friend.

26 minutes ago, badunkahunk said:

And even in the US I remember MATM battling "Hey Ya" for the top spot week after week. That album was hot fire and so was that song. 

'MATM' wasn't a hit in the US.  It peaked at #11 on pop radio and #35 on the Hot 100, which was really disappointing at the time considering it was Britney & Madonna and it came on the heels of their kiss at the VMAs.  There was lots of talk that the album and Britney's career were dead until 'Toxic' took off and turned things around.

1 minute ago, DirtyMind said:

'MATM' wasn't a hit in the US.  It peaked at #11 on pop radio and #35 on the Hot 100, which was really disappointing at the time considering it was Britney & Madonna and it came on the heels of their kiss at the VMAs.  There was lots of talk that the album and Britney's career were dead until 'Toxic' took off and turned things around.

Gurl, please post receipts. :sofedup:

5 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Still waiting for those receipts. 

What is wrong with Larry? :sofedup:

1 hour ago, fanman08 said:

Somehow other artists that sell a quarter of what Glory did release singles. There'll be another. Now beyond two is a different story 

I hate RCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, badunkahunk said:

yes hun. And so are you. Give Glory an honest listen. FABULOUS ALBUM. But is there a toxic on there? Make me? Slumber Party? Liar? Love Me Down? All good songs...but not the Grammy award winning, innovative, one of a kind global smash of toxic. Get real tbh 

Glory is great and almost safe, but a big part of Toxic was the music video, we can't say there isn't something like that in the album yet.

I'm happy with Glory!

Her album is awesome,

britney looks incredible,

She is promoting, performing better than ever!

she isn't promoting in US, 

she is almost 20 years old in her career, 

Stop being controlled by charts, is not time to be such insecure stans anymore, is not 2008-not 2000, it's 2016 and britney is not trending like she uses too in her young pop star years, she is doing pretty good.

Music Industry today works like this, the impact you get goes down quick!, it doesn't mean britney is floping, it means that the music industry is moving fast.

In asia happens the same way since many years and doesnt means artists are floping.

2 minutes ago, TripInTheZone said:

So in 2016, should we want 1mil sold WW or just the U.S. Whats the standard these days :nervousney:

Most big artists sell 500-1 mill Ww. Rihanna has sold 1 mill WW, beyonce 2 mill ww, Adele 20 mill but that's different.

i think glory can reach 700-800k worldwide

Archived