Is Glory really dead? - Updated Sales

iZacaree

This week, "Glory" has fallen to #103 on the Billboard 200, and "Make Me..." has fallen completely out of the Billboard Hot 100 altogether. Also, the album is nowhere to be found on HDD's Top 50 building album sales charts (the lowest of which only has about 1,200 in sales - meaning "Glory" is selling less than that), and both the album and "Make Me..." have fallen completely out of the iTunes top 150 albums/singles charts, respectively. To put things in perspective, "Glory" has been out for almost 2 months and hasn't even sold 140,000 copies. :idkney:

I think we need to face the music (pun intended) - this album just isn't selling. Britney's recent performances haven't done anything to generate any buzz for "Glory".

I still can't with all of you who are discussing what the 3rd and 4th single is going to be. At this rate, we would be EXTREMELY lucky to see the release of a 2nd single.

With all of the recent discussion on Britney's conservatorship (I'll save that for another post), that was sparked by Britney herself, I think it's safe to say that Glory was Britney's first TRUE come-back album since her break-down in 2007/2008. This is the first album that she has actually cared about, been involved with, and has actually liked since the break-down.

What makes this so tragic is that all of the damage that her team/conservators/dad has done has finally caught up with her. After 2008, she was forced into recording albums that she hated, go on tours that she was obviously miserable with, and attempt to be a "pop-star" when she just wasn't yet ready. Her misery was obvious, and it had a very negative impact on her career and public opinion of her as an artist and performer. Now, she seems to be in the process of becoming somewhat free again, and she finally recorded an amazing album on her own terms (to a degree), but the public just isn't here for her anymore.

So, what do you think will come next for "Glory"? Is "Glory" dead/dying?

Discuss..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Britney's recent performances haven't done anything to generate any buzz for "Glory".

That's probably because she hasn't actually performed her album :usher:

The POM is a huuge limitation and as long as she doesn't say bye bye to Vegas we will still have this promotion. I feel like she had many opportunities to promote in the past in order to remain a good/relevant seller pop star because she was huuuuge at her peak but she didn't take advantage of that. Now she's finally willing to promote it just doesn't give the same result. This is just an assumption but the only difference between these 2 last albums and the previous is that she is not touring, maybe that's what made Circus and FF better sellers because she was actually promoting them around the world. 

5 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

That's probably because she hasn't actually performed her album :usher:

The POM is a huuge limitation and as long as she doesn't say bye bye to Vegas we will still have this promotion. I feel like she had many opportunities to promote in the past in order to remain a good/relevant seller pop star because she was huuuuge at her peak but she didn't take advantage of that. Now she's finally willing to promote it just doesn't give the same result. This is just an assumption but the only difference between these 2 last albums and the previous is that she is not touring, maybe that's what made Circus and FF better sellers because she was actually promoting them around the world. 

I agree with you. She should've performed way more "Glory" tracks instead of her old hits. I get why she performed POM in the UK, though - they hadn't seen it, but I feel like POM is still way more important to her team than the new album is. For us, it's just the opposite. We want a successful album, but her team is only going to promote what's bringing in the money - which is the Vegas residency. It's really greedy, tbh.

And Circus and FF were better sellers because she was still fresh off of her "come-back" after her breakdown, and everyone was hoping for her to return to "prime-ney". Obviously that didn't happen. She was utterly miserable, bored, and lazy through the FF era, X-Factor was embarrassing, and BJ was terrible, so the GP (and quite a few fans) have simply given up on her.

The sales are bad but it has a lot to do with Britney not promoting glory right now. Her 8 years of not promoting have caught up to her. However, even glorys tragic sales aren't that bad by 2016 standards when the highest selling album has sold 1,000,000 and only two artists have sold that much in pure sales this year. I honestly think glory can end up around 300k in the US once all is said and done.

29 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

you sure bout that?

yes hun. And so are you. Give Glory an honest listen. FABULOUS ALBUM. But is there a toxic on there? Make me? Slumber Party? Liar? Love Me Down? All good songs...but not the Grammy award winning, innovative, one of a kind global smash of toxic. Get real tbh 

29 minutes ago, TheLightningThief said:

No. In the Zone sold 609,000 during its first week. MATM was a smash hit all over the world except the US because Britney was still banned from radio.

And even in the US I remember MATM battling "Hey Ya" for the top spot week after week. That album was hot fire and so was that song. 

Archived