Reason why Britney is not succeding as we expect

BritneyLover

I love how she is performing and how she is being so talkative, relaxed and funny in interviews BUT:

The GP think of her and her music as a joke.

Yes it has been said but what i wanna point out is that she can do 100000000 promotional things but if that promo's strategy is not DIRECTED to CHANGE THAT VISION of the gp, it will not be much effective.

Back in her prime people did not DOUBT about what she had to offer. She was a visual artist, a dancer, a performer who made her songs come to life with a concept, a hardcore choreography and sexappeal.

I thing right now it is not clear somce the songs are lacking a concept from cloths to story to visuals to choreo.

Dont even bring the playback thing. Yes, it does discredit her a lot but she used to take that out of the light with her consistent performances.

Answer this:

Do you, or the gp doubt of Adele when she sings? Do you doubt she is feeling it, she is wanting it, she is expressing it?

Change "adele" for as many artists as you want.

Then ask if you or the GP is trusting in Britney performing and "singing" Make Me.

I think it lacks truth, concept, visuals, consistency, and of course lacks a live voice.

So people does not BELIVE in her music.

I can belive in circus. I can belive in hold it against me visuals and concept video, i can even belive in work *****. Make Me Ohh..?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

9 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

True. But I feel like she's digging another grave for herself. All these promo are badly planned and executed. It's just not effective at all and yet Team B is splashing money on it. RCA probably wouldn't fund on her projects in future due to these ineffective promos they brought.

at least change the style for perfomance, she does the same thing for all her songs: dancing in leotards
I would lie if I said all her old tv promo perfomances had a concept, she was just dancing but her dancing was everything 
+she had unique style...
I love GM, MATM section in POM because it has fun outfit that she could wear in her prime+ a lof of dancing (not hard like before but more intense than everything else and less armography)

If you really think people buy music because the artist believes in it... :hahaha:

I wonder why The Chainsmokers' songs are smashing and Rihanna got a #1 with a song with "work work work" lyrics and so on. I also wonder if Selena is succeeding because people believe her when she says she can't keep her hands to herself. :bbgumstare:

Britney is struggling because she damaged her brand as a performer with her lacklustre dancing and lipsynching since Femme Fatale so she never got the young demographic on board and she did nothing to keep the older generation checking for her. She's also ruining her beautiful face which is kinda not helping with the teens. It's all about image. Slap Selena's name on Make Me and it would have smashed even with Britney's vocals on the song.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The VMA stage, iHeart and AMF could have been used to promote GLORY. Britards don't you dare come and say "she didn't have time to rehearse". Adding 2 or 3 songs (not counting DYWCO) would have done A LOT for the album. Because people aren't even trying to listen to the album. A lot of people aren't aware that she has a new album out. 

All it takes is for people to actually listen to the album, I'm sure a lot of people will love. But Britney's not promoting GLORY, she's promoting her residency. 

It may not be entirely her fault. But who knows?

12 minutes ago, button said:

Britney is struggling because she damaged her brand as a performer with her lackluster dancing and lipsynching since Femme Fatale so she never got the young demographic on board and she did not nothing to keep the older generation checking for her. She's also ruining her beautiful face which is kinda not helping with the teens. It's all about image. Slap Selena's name on Make Me and it would have smashed even with Britney's vocals on the song.

I agree with a lot of what you said... the artistry behind what Britney did made her work valid and gave it weight. That's something that is lacking with her current visuals and concepts with her performances. :boredashell:

Times have changed as well though and what used to entertain people in Britney's prime isn't what's popular right now. Now people want live vocals, even if the performances are boring and underwhelming :brityawning:

I mean Arianna Grande gets praised for singing live even if the song is about getting ****** so hard you can't walk right :sippinga: 

I've read no lies in this whole thread so far.

It's funny that an exhale brainstorming thread is figuring out all the kinks and her team can't figure their way out of a brown paper bag. 

I hope her team reads this thread honestly. They should at least be having focus groups that include her fans, we know her brand and target marketing better than her team apparently.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

This.

Also her performances are riveting anymore. Sad to say. 

1 hour ago, WootsWow said:

True. But I feel like she's digging another grave for herself. All these promo are badly planned and executed. It's just not effective at all and yet Team B is splashing money on it. RCA probably wouldn't fund on her projects in future due to these ineffective promos they brought.

1 hour ago, tsss said:

at least change the style for perfomance, she does the same thing for all her songs: dancing in leotards
I would lie if I said all her old tv promo perfomances had a concept, she was just dancing but her dancing was everything 
+she had unique style...
I love GM, MATM section in POM because it has fun outfit that she could wear in her prime+ a lof of dancing (not hard like before but more intense than everything else and less armography)

58 minutes ago, button said:

If you really think people buy music because the artist believes in it... :hahaha:

I wonder why The Chainsmokers' songs are smashing and Rihanna got a #1 with a song with "work work work" lyrics and so on. I also wonder if Selena is succeeding because people believe her when she says she can't keep her hands to herself. :bbgumstare:

Britney is struggling because she damaged her brand as a performer with her lacklustre dancing and lipsynching since Femme Fatale so she never got the young demographic on board and she did not nothing to keep the older generation checking for her. She's also ruining her beautiful face which is kinda not helping with the teens. It's all about image. Slap Selena's name on Make Me and it would have smashed even with Britney's vocals on the song.

52 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The VMA stage, iHeart and AMF could have been used to promote GLORY. Britards don't you dare come and say "she didn't have to rehearse". Adding 2 or 3 songs (not counting DYWCO) would have done A LOT for the album. Because people aren't even trying to listen to the album. A lot of people aren't aware that she has a new album out. 

All it takes is for people to actually listen to the album, I'm sure a lot of people will love. But Britney's not promoting GLORY, she's promoting her residency. 

43 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

I agree with a lot of what you said... the artistry behind what Britney did made her work valid and gave it weight. That's something that is lacking with her current visuals and concepts with her performances. :boredashell:

Times have changed as well though and what used to entertain people in Britney's prime isn't what's popular right now. Now people want live vocals, even if the performances are boring and underwhelming :brityawning:

I mean Arianna Grande gets praised for singing live even if the song is about getting ****** so hard you can't walk right :sippinga: 

27 minutes ago, CrAzAY said:

I've read no lies in this whole thread so far.

It's funny that an exhale brainstorming thread is figuring out all the kinks and her team can't figure their way out of a brown paper bag. 

I hope her team reads this thread honestly. They should at least be having focus groups that include her fans, we know her brand and target marketing better than her team apparently.

6 minutes ago, geminiMike said:

she needs to lose her current gay friends bc they are probably proxy sabotage from team beyonce. No sane gay man would set Britney up with a lizard, support all these leotards, and not recommend Britney wear anti shine powder on stage..

:-) GOD is real...Jesus is LORD...and Britney Spears is everything.

58 minutes ago, button said:

Britney is struggling because she damaged her brand as a performer with her lacklustre dancing and lipsynching since Femme Fatale so she never got the young demographic on board and she did not nothing to keep the older generation checking for her. She's also ruining her beautiful face which is kinda not helping with the teens. It's all about image. Slap Selena's name on Make Me and it would have smashed even with Britney's vocals on the song.

Also, she has 15 other AMAZING songs on the album, yet her label keeps pushing for make me...

She plays the piano, do you know HOW much respect she'd get by singing JLIKEM, JLUVM or Invitation just ONCE, on the piano?

Just now, Crayboy said:

Also, she has 15 other AMAZING songs on the album, yet her label keeps pushing for make me...

She plays the piano, do you know HOW much respect she'd get by singing JLIKEM, JLUVM or Invitation just ONCE, on the piano?

There is no evidence that Britney would even try to do any of that. 

We cant blame her label for stuff we have no knowledge of.,. There already is enough to blame them for 

1 hour ago, BritneyLover said:

I love how she is performing and how she is being so talkative, relaxed and funny in interviews BUT:

The GP think of her and her music as a joke.

Yes it has been said but what i wanna point out is that she can do 100000000 promotional things but if that promo's strategy is not DIRECTED to CHANGE THAT VISION of the gp, it will not be much effective.

Back in her prime people did not DOUBT about what she had to offer. She was a visual artist, a dancer, a performer who made her songs come to life with a concept, a hardcore choreography and sexappeal.

I thing right now it is not clear somce the songs are lacking a concept from cloths to story to visuals to choreo.

Dont even bring the playback thing. Yes, it does discredit her a lot but she used to take that out of the light with her consistent performances.

Answer this:

Do you, or the gp doubt of Adele when she sings? Do you doubt she is feeling it, she is wanting it, she is expressing it?

Change "adele" for as many artists as you want.

Then ask if you or the GP is trusting in Britney performing and "singing" Make Me.

I think it lacks truth, concept, visuals, consistency, and of course lacks a live voice.

So people does not BELIVE in her music.

I can belive in circus. I can belive in hold it against me visuals and concept video, i can even belive in work *****. Make Me Ohh..?

45 minutes ago, button said:

30 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

39 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

The VMA stage, iHeart and AMF could have been used to promote GLORY. Britards don't you dare come and say "she didn't have to rehearse". Adding 2 or 3 songs (not counting DYWCO) would have done A LOT for the album. Because people aren't even trying to listen to the album. A lot of people aren't aware that she has a new album out. 

All these reasons are true. 

I think they're not being creative, I don't know what the hell is her creative team thinking but use the same poles from 3 to DYWCO is a sign from their lack of creativity... 

I don't care about David LaChapelle we need something artistic. Look Adele with amazing Xavier Dolan Music Video for Hello, we need that from Britney a visionary cinematographer to create a great concept for an amazing song from Glory.

Archived