AP? Media defending Britney lip synching?? "rockstars have always mimed at least britney spears is honest"

Nebulosa

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/rock-stars-have-always-mimed-at-least-britney-spears-is-honest-a/

I always thought maybe Britney doesn't use so much pre recorded or doesn't focus on miming well is because she knows everybody knows and doesn't want to fool fans, like the article says at least you know she will and is.

"The live element Spears brings to proceedings is an iconic physical presence manifested in the kind of energetic dance routines which would leave her too out of breath to sing in any case. Accordingly, her dance troupe are a much more significant focus than her musicians, who remained silhouetted throughout, pressing buttons to trigger samples and tracks.

As technology and musical fashions have changed, recordings have tended to be more layered and programmed, whilst the ability to reproduce that with synthesisers, sequencers and effects has progressed apace.

Fans might have felt cheated if they had known at the time but nowadays it is so common that anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves. A rule of thumb is to count the musicians onstage and ask if there are enough to make this sound?  The answer, more often than not, is no.

Vocals were probably the last element to be effectively replicated in this way but Autotune and Chorus effects have transformed the way audiences think about the sound of the human voice, and made it easier to substitute pre-recorded vocals for the real thing. Some singers use it to double up their vocal, some to take breaks during sets, some to replace vocals all together.

And it’s not just the kids at it. When Meat Loaf collapsed on stage in Edmonton, Canada in June, fan footage clearly shows the vocal continuing even as his microphone clunks to the ground."

But Spears's audience just want to hear her replicate records they already love with a nifty dance routine. Chances are, if she actually attempted to sing live, they would be horrified."

True tea spilled :truthtea:..

Now even MEDIA is defending Britney's use of lip synching, saying that Meat loaf and other rockers use it with video proof. What is going on with some fans turning the back or being harsher than the media on Britney now? Is it a new trend?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Бри́тни Спирс said:

*****. That was low key shading. "The would be horrified". They implied she could not sing. :verycool:

But they also said "The live element Spears brings to proceedings is an iconic physical presence manifested in the kind of energetic dance routines which would leave her too out of breath to sing in any case" which could mean they'd be horrified due to her singing while being out of breath.

1 minute ago, everybodygoesdown said:

If I was in Britney's shoes by now I'd never sing live again, it's like everyone's on her lip waiting for those live vocals, the pressure is just too high.

this.

and those ungrateful fans that would anylze every note in the vocals and bash her, even though they wanted her to try :embarrassney:

14 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Agreed, and she ******* CAN!!!!! 

no she can't, and that's not a shade,it's not because she can't sing but because it would be impossible to sing while dancing all the time especially her song that require a lot of breath, every artist who dance so hard use lip sync they just record different pre-rec and fool everybody. Anyway where are all the people that said she can't lip sync in the uk they are gonna destroy her and ruin her career forever :mcwave:

33 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

defending? that was lowkey shade. :mj: hope someday she'll prove all these hoes wrong by singing live again.

Was not shade, he said it would be worse if she put fake Beyonk pre recorded and danced her *** off with her ICONIC dance moves.

So he is praising Britney honest and defending her by saying over processing in music and layering nowadays makes harder to sing live even for rockstars like Meatloaf and people with  bands!

Actually joins that with ICONIC dancing and at least Brit is honest while other popstars fake with pre recorded. I didn't smell any shade.

I think the "something she's never done before" vma comment sparked that idea among fans, tbh. Also the fact that this record does sound not only stronger vocally but also 'real' sounding vocals that we didn't get on femme fatale or britney jean. So i think the fact that singing live is a possibility with these new songs also got the idea in fans heads. 

But really, she could always sing like, Everytime, or certain ballads at any of her shows before this album so. She's always lip synced since the beginning and i've never really cared. 

But her singing everytime on snl is beautiful - and yeah, saying we would be 'horrified' is def shade. I would NAT be horrified, I would be slayed - even if her voice was shaky or she didn't hit a note it would be an exciting time. 

Archived