WHY HER PERFORMANCES HAVEN'T REACHED HIGHEST LEVEL (WITH PICS)

xoxo, Stan.

She has become extremely anxious while performing. That's why she has to fill all the no-choreo moments with something,

She cannot stand there all by herself if she is not doing something with her body. TBH it's kind of weird that she is terrified by everything nowadays. She said on an interview today that she was "fearless" when she was younger but now she wouldn't do some things she has done in the past, because she is scared. 

She also said she didn't trust the dancer who was replacing chase for the walkover yesterday during TOMH and that's why she didn't do it, because she got scared

Britney is weird, we all know that and we have to deal with it already. :mhm:

It's sad but the unevitable truth. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Juano said:

She has become extremely anxious while performing. That's why she has to fill all the no-choreo moments with something,

She cannot stand there all by herself if she is not doing something with her body. TBH it's kind of weird that she is terrified by everything nowadays. She said on an interview today that she was "fearless" when she was younger but now she wouldn't do some things she has done in the past, because she is scared now. 

She also said she didn't trust the dancer who was replacing chase with the backflip yesterday during TOMH and that's why she didn't do it, because she got scared

I just think she's extremely shy now, and she lost her game when she stopped doing performances out of Vegas. People in Vegas are SO dead.

She won her confidence back while performing in Vegas, but she NEEDS to experiment doing it outside Vegas again.

I agree that it is wrong sometimes. I mean, DYWCO/BOM/TOMH are such **** songs but she completely destroys the sexiness doing her goofy faces every 10 seconds :nyschool:

Don't get me wrong, Primeney was all about goofy faces too but she knew when and how to use it. You wouldn't see her doing it during TOMH or BOM on Onyx Hotel Tour but she would do it performing Boom Boom which is perfectly appropriate. She just needs to find the balance between being a serious performer and a goofy performer when it's appropriate. But anyway, I rather have her goofy faces than dead eyes like Fat Femaleney. :shameless:

4 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

I agree that it is wrong sometimes. I mean, DYWCO/BOM/TOMH are such **** songs but she completely destroys the sexiness doing her goofy faces every 10 seconds :nyschool:

Don't get me wrong, Primeney was all about goofy faces too but she knew when and how to use it. You wouldn't see her doing it during TOMH or BOM on Onyx Hotel Tour but she would do it performing Boom Boom which is perfectly appropriate. She just needs to find the balance between being a serious performer and a goofy performer when it's appropriate. But anyway, I rather have her goofy faces than dead eyes like Fat Femaleney. :shameless:

Thissssss. The goofy faces ruin every **** performance .. if she eye ****** the audience it would distract more from her stiffness

13 minutes ago, Juano said:

She cannot stand there all by herself if she is not doing something with her body. TBH it's kind of weird that she is terrified by everything nowadays. She said on an interview today that she was "fearless" when she was younger but now she wouldn't do some things she has done in the past, because she is scared now. 

She also said she didn't trust the dancer who was replacing chase with the walkover yesterday during TOMH and that's why she didn't do it, because she got scared

If you watch her fingers during some performances she is shaking them uncontrollably she is so nervous it's insane I don't get it!!! Like when she's in the air for TOMH look at her hands they're shaking so much 

I think her performances are amazing and I wouldn't want her to change what she's comfortable doing, I don't think she feels like she has to compete with anyone else at this stage of her career, she has made a name for herself and it seems like she is enjoying what she's doing, i don't really mind too much if her hands are up or down or if she leans back, she's there and she's making her fans happy.

im not trying to sound rude btw but I'm so glad she doesn't read these kinda posts or things about her what she is doing, or what she could be doing, or what she should be doing/ singing/ performing, i'm glad she doesn't feel the need to constantly prove herself in her profession, she is not some newbie, she has gotten to where she is now on pure merit and i love the person she's become, yeah maybe it's not as intricate as when she was younger but thats her decision and if anyone deserves to be a bit more laid back at work, she does. I hope she never changes. I love her

7 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

THIS.

You know the iHeart's Slave 4 U performance? How **** she was there. No "hands-in-air" no "goofy faces". It was simply perfect. She's a completely different performer when she feels the song.

I don't mind the goofy faces, it's very britney, but yesterday watching the whole show it happens SO much lol

I think there's no denying she is in some way self-conscious about her Popstar self, even the way she says 'thank hid that's over' and 'oh my, you are intense, agh'. One of the reviews I read mentioned that she seemed like she was waking up from a dream at times and seemed to be surprise d to even be there and I really agree with that. 

In songs like Work *****, BOM, TOMH, Slave, Gimme More, Freakshow, DYWCO and some others you can see she is playing a character she literally switches I think. Comparing IUSA performance to BOM yesterday it was like a different person. Compared to her older or cheesier songs she seems a lot more goofy and awkward sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Nebulosa said:

No, she said on radio today that crowd was amazing and so with her and actually that made her more nervous and less confident. So it IS the nerves, prob why she is better in vegas where the crowd is always "intoxicated" as she said lol

That's why she needs to performs outside Vegas as much as possible. Especially if she plans on doing Superbowl next year. Can you imagine how nervous would she be in front of so many people?

it's weird that her attitude was very onyxney after breakdown
that's why I thought she didn't feel **** anymore when she hit 30 and then FF mess started...she wanted to retire etc 
but now she feels comftortable more than ever and still hides behind awkward faces at stage...anxiety is a ***** 

1 hour ago, OutrageousMoi said:

David LaChapelle? You're the king. :rihclap:

She can, it's not like someone can lose the capacity of dancing when she used to dance her *** of like a pro. She has the perfect body now. What is ruinning her hability is the poor choreography.

The "choreography" excuse has been used since 2008. First it was Andre's fault during the Circus tour and MVs, then it was Brian's fault for not pushing her during the HIAM MV, and now that's she's actually doing more choreography in her performances than any point since 2008, it's the "poor choreography" that's holding her back.

We haven't seen her come anywhere close to her old performances for almost a decade now. Forgive me for not following everything she's done, but the last time I saw anything close to the stage presence/energy she used to have was during the Womanizer X Factor performance in 2008. Even though there wasn't much at all in the way of choreography, she was hitting every move, she had that look in her eye as she stared into the crowd, and she didn't have to make cute faces every 10 seconds to convince everyone she was engaged in her performance. In terms of dancing ability, by far the best we've seen since 2008 was the BBMA this year.

It's hard to put a finger on a single factor that's made her performance level drop so much - it's probably a myriad of things. Her dancing is obviously nowhere near as technically good as it used to be; she's often stiff, slow, lacks energy and she often doesn't follow through with each move. It always seems to me nowadays that rather than devoting her energy to the moves she's performing, she's spending the whole time thinking only about what her next move is. She seems unable to look into the crowd for more than half a second without making an exaggerated facial expression. She seems deathly afraid of looking into any cameras. Her stage presence has severely diminished, so much so that I was paying more attention to the Exhale comment last night than the performances. I'm no longer excited and eager to see the next move she's going to kill on-stage; rather, I'm just watching her go through the motions as she did in rehearsals.

I agree. She seems to have the same moves in the parts that arent cheographed (cant spell the word, i am Dutch and too lazy to google) and the funny goofy faces and weird placed smiles kind of ruin the vibes of the songs. Makes me feel like she isnt feeling the mood and vibe of the songs anymore. Like she's too self aware!!! 

1 hour ago, BlueMamba said:

Yeah, she needs new choreo. That's no secret BUT most important is that this girl needs to REHEARSE. She danced her *** off back in the day. But she was only able to do it, because she worked harder in the dance studio than anyone else in the buisness. We barely see her in the studio now. I actually understand it, because she wants to have time with her kids. But that's the reason why a lot of her perfomance's are a bit messy.

mte

1 hour ago, david lachapelle said:

The reason is she can't dance anymore, but i agree with what you're saying.

Are you joking? The good choreo in the show she kills. BBMAs and iheart say hi

1 hour ago, Kirito said:

This is what we have now, and it´s probably not gonna change anytime soon. So take it as it is or log the **** out and go complain somewhere else :arianabye:

And you can be a Stan and be critical. There's a difference between being rude and raining on people's parade and wanting Brit to be her best. @OutrageousMoi and a bunch other ppl think she's like 80% there- just lil things to sharpen up like prerecording and better choreo.

3 minutes ago, xBritneyFan19x said:

The "choreography" excuse has been used since 2008. First it was Andre's fault during the Circus tour/Circus MVs, then it was Brian's fault for not pushing her during the HIAM MV, and now that's she's actually doing more choreography in her performances from any point since 2008, it's the "poor choreography" that's holding her back.

We haven't seen her come anywhere close to dancing like she used to for almost a decade now. Forgive me for not following everything she's done, but the last time I saw anything close to the stage presence/energy she used to have was during the Womanizer X Factor performance in 2008. Even though there wasn't much at all in the way of choreography, she was hitting every move, she had that look in her eye as she stared into the crowd, and she didn't have to make cute faces every 10 seconds to convince everyone she was engaged in her performance. In terms of dancing ability, by far the best we've seen since 2008 was the BBMA this year.

It's hard to put a finger on a single factor that's made her performance level drop so much - it's probably a myriad of things. Her dancing is obviously nowhere near as technically good as it used to be; she's often stiff, slow, lacks energy and she often doesn't follow through with each move. It always seems to me nowadays that rather than devoting her energy to the moves she's performing, she's spending the whole time thinking only about what her next move is. She seems unable to look into the crowd for more than half a second without making an exaggerated facial expression. She seems deathly afraid of looking into any cameras. Her stage presence has severely diminished, so much so that I was paying more attention to the Exhale comment last night than the performances. I'm no longer excited and eager to see the next move she's going to kill on-stage; rather, I'm just watching her go through the motions as she did in rehearsals.

I couldn't agree more with you. That's exactly what I think too.

The problem with the choreo now is that it's only arm choreography. How can she improve more and more like that? The only good performance (the Break the Ice old choreo) was replaced to a arm choreo. I honestly don't get it.

1 minute ago, DaddySayzee said:

And you can be a Stan and be critical. There's a difference between being rude and raining on people's parade and wanting Brit to be her best. @OutrageousMoi and a bunch other ppl think she's like 80% there- just lil things to sharpen up like prerecording and better choreo.

I'm glad you got that what I'm trying to do here is sharing my point of view of her performances because I do want my favorite performer to be the BEST performer out there. 

Archived