Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was Britney's longest, non-stop TV performance (outside of a tour) since at least 2003/2004. I could tell that she was getting really tired and winded towards the end, which is understandable. I don't feel like she would've been as winded if she would've taken a few minutes to interact with the audience, or play a slow song ("Man on the Moon" or "Just Luv Me"). Honestly, she was kind of imprisoned by the lip-syncing. She really can't show much emotion or interact with the audience because she has to make sure that she is moving her lips according to the playback, and starting when it starts - that definitely takes a lot of life and passion out of the performance: for the performer and the audience.

WHY did she completely repeat the VMA performance, though? Like... literally, she repeated it word for word, motion for motion?

She also kind of repeated BBMA too?

I was expecting something different, but she basically just performed the BBMA's, VMA's, and POM over again. The only thing different was her outfit - and I must say her outfit was KILLER. I LOVED IT! That was probably my favorite part of the whole performance. Do other artists repeat award show performances at other televised music events? I just.... ugh. I was prepared to be slayed by something new, different (in the eternal words of Britney), and FRESH. But this was just the same old stuff - literally, EXACTLY the same.

So, overall, I am so proud of her for performing such a long set and actually getting up there on another live, music event, but I wish she would've done something different and unexpected - like the BBMA's. Are a few live vocals or re-recorded vocals too much to ask for, though? For god's sake, maybe it was just my live feed but the lip-syncing looked out of sync!

Not slayed, not horribly disappointed... just "meh". Hoping the apple/iTunes festival is better....

2 minutes ago, soeffnperf said:

Oh god I love jlo but I don't wanna see her show until she stops trying to sing live cuz it's harsh on the ears. Brit was definitely tired towards the end as she didn't have little outfit Change breaks/water breaks. So I feel like she's hard stronger (no pun intended) performances of some of these songs but whatever it was good. Certain parts were a little odd like seeing her pretend the bar was there during DYWCO lol

I've seen both Britney's and J.Lo's Vegas shows. They are very different in terms of their shows, but the one thing that J.Lo has over Britney is that she sings live and is a MUCH better dancer and performer. When I hear Britney fans say things like "she performed for 30 minutes non-stop..." I can't help but laugh because they act like others can't do. Truth is that MANY other performers CAN do it and do so much better.

Archived