Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, PRIVATE.SHOW said:

Britney has been a non-event since 2012 and Larry knows it very well. He also knows Britney is gonna do Vegas for God knows how many more years, which brings in 1 million dollars every week. Plus the perfumes, lingerie, merch etc.  Hell, he doesn't care what her fans think about her, let alone the younger demographic. See him in 5 years though, when she barely has any fans left. 

Oh cmon, you know very well why that is. She sabotages her singles and only promotes Tidal and her tour. Her whole album charted in the BB hot 100 on the release week so people do actually buy her album rather than just one song.

Another bleach fan detected:madonna:

On 9/17/2016 at 5:58 PM, Steel_Magnolia said:

She really needs to pull a Celine right now. 

Celine hired Zendaya's stylist (I'm old, I have no idea who that is) and just LOOK at her. Celine has never looked better and she suddenly seems cool, even though she's way older than Britney.

070616-celine-dion-street-style-LEAD.jpg

celine-dion-1-600x800.jpg

celine-dion-600x8001.jpg

celine-dion-loved-me-back-to-life-goes-g

Girl no, the second & third pic looks terrible. That's definitely not her style and you can tell. The last pic is the one that looks good and any stylist could've picked that for her. 

2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I think in writing, the interviews aren't always bad, but when you see her on TV with an interviewer or host, it's obvious that they're asking her very surface level questions that don't get into much depth behind her or whatever they may be talking about. And again, it's not like she has to divulge every aspect of her life in multiple interviews, but some interviews do seem really manufactured nowadays.

And yes, I feel like around family and close friends, she probably beams and feels like she can be her natural self. I mean even a small example was from that recent TLC Jamie Lynn documentary when Britney and JL were joking around. I mean I feel like she's like that but even more animated and enthusiastic when there aren't cameras around... So she has a personality, obviously, but I too wish there was a way for her to let her personality shine through while being private at the same time.

A long time ago, even after For the Record, I really wanted Britney to do a tell all magazine/newspaper essay (even though she promised a book in FTR), that was deeper/unscripted, and really address major elephants in the room in terms of whether she's actually happy or into her career, or even just speak freely about her life. While I again believe and know she has the right to privacy and doesn't need to address every aspect of her life, I think the GP feels the dissonance because she hasn't totally or authentically addressed herself to the public, and as a result, they don't know how to appreciate or engage with Britney Spears the artist. And yet at the same time, I think they deep down root for Britney Spears the person. And like you said, it probably does stem from the conservatorship and other factors as well... All such a mystery tbh! 

:crying1:

2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I think in writing, the interviews aren't always bad, but when you see her on TV with an interviewer or host, it's obvious that they're asking her very surface level questions that don't get into much depth behind her or whatever they may be talking about. And again, it's not like she has to divulge every aspect of her life in multiple interviews, but some interviews do seem really manufactured nowadays.

And yes, I feel like around family and close friends, she probably beams and feels like she can be her natural self. I mean even a small example was from that recent TLC Jamie Lynn documentary when Britney and JL were joking around. I mean I feel like she's like that but even more animated and enthusiastic when there aren't cameras around... So she has a personality, obviously, but I too wish there was a way for her to let her personality shine through while being private at the same time.

A long time ago, even after For the Record, I really wanted Britney to do a tell all magazine/newspaper essay (even though she promised a book in FTR), that was deeper/unscripted, and really address major elephants in the room in terms of whether she's actually happy or into her career, or even just speak freely about her life. While I again believe and know she has the right to privacy and doesn't need to address every aspect of her life, I think the GP feels the dissonance because she hasn't totally or authentically addressed herself to the public, and as a result, they don't know how to appreciate or engage with Britney Spears the artist. And yet at the same time, I think they deep down root for Britney Spears the person. And like you said, it probably does stem from the conservatorship and other factors as well... All such a mystery tbh! 

That's it. People don't know how to engage with her. I think people feel a lot of pity for her, or they're fond of her in a patronising way. I hear a lot of people (family, friends and people I meet) say things like 'Poor Britney' or 'It's a shame', 'She used to be....' 'Whatever happened to...'

They see her as broken. I think that's why she seems to be given a 'second' chance constantly. Ever since Circus each album has felt like a comeback, whether it was or not. The GP root for her deep down because they want to see her succeed, but they want to see that she deserves it and wants it.

I think one of the main things is: how can you engage and love a product (an album, a single, a video etc) when you're not really sure if the owner and creator of that product (Britney) likes it herself? That's the impression she often gives; a lack of passion and drive for her craft.

8 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Exactly!

I actually think they started with a theme -- black and white and tan. And red. But once the original MM video was scrapped they seemed to scrap the entire look for the era, too.

There's a LOT of penny pinching going on, right across the board. Wardrobe. Hair. Makeup. Choreographers. Video directors. I don't understand what's happening. At all.

I think part of it is RCA just doesn't invest enough in her and I think since they footed the bill for the scrapped music video/album shoot they didn't give her much money for anything else.....which was pretty evident from the 2nd video and album shoot.......I mean if RCA truly cared more about her they would've at least shelled out some more money for a decent album art re-shoot. I feel like RCA only gives her a lot of money for the first video of each era and then after that practically nothing

3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think part of it is RCA just doesn't invest enough in her and I think since they footed the bill for the scrapped music video/album shoot they didn't give her much money for anything else.....which was pretty evident from the 2nd video and album shoot.......I mean if RCA truly cared more about her they would've at least shelled out some more money for a decent album art re-shoot. I feel like RCA only gives her a lot of money for the first video of each era and then after that practically nothing

When did she become an RCA artist?

Because it feels like there was almost a certain "moment" in time when things started to feel cheap.

EDIT: I just did some Googling to answer my own question...My god. The "moment in time" directly lines up with when JIVE was folded into RCA. :wontcry:

4 hours ago, Da Fr3ak said:

Girl no, the second & third pic looks terrible. That's definitely not her style and you can tell. The last pic is the one that looks good and any stylist could've picked that for her. 

Well, I think she looks fabulous.  :ehidk:   Good for her for trying new things.

And you're missing the point...

The point is, Britney needs an image overhaul with a proper stylist. Her visuals right now are all over the place.

2 hours ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

When did she become an RCA artist?

Because it feels like there was almost a certain "moment" in time when things started to feel cheap.

EDIT: I just did some Googling to answer my own question...My god. The "moment in time" directly lines up with when JIVE was folded into RCA. :wontcry:

Yeah things went down hill as soon as she became an RCA artist! Jive gave her so much attention and carefully calculated things......RCA could give a **** about her really I mean look at the date they picked for Glory 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Yeah things went down hill as soon as she became an RCA artist! Jive gave her so much attention and carefully calculated things......RCA could give **** about her really I mean look at the date they picked for Glory 

The release date they went with would have made sense if she was able to out-perform Beyonce at the VMA's. But the budget they've given her doesn't seem to allow for her to work with A-list professionals when it comes to choreography, styling, staging, etc. so the performance didn't have the impact that they'd hoped.

That release date was great in theory, but really not great in practice.

3 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

The release date they went with would have made sense if she was able to out-perform Beyonce at the VMA's. But the budget they've given her doesn't seem to allow for her to work with A-list professionals when it comes to choreography, styling, staging, etc. so the performance didn't have the impact that they'd hoped.

That release date was great in theory, but really not great in practice.

The release date was bad no matter what Barbara is known for usually coming in at #1 and beating other big names......there was just way too much competition and yes they don't give her much of a promo budget.....Kelly Clarkson has mentioned in the past that RCA tends to **** around with promo budgets

2 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The release date was bad no matter what Barbara is known for usually coming in at #1 and beating other big names......there was just way too much competition and yes they don't give her much of a promo budget.....Kelly Clarkson has mentioned in the past that RCA tend to **** around with promo budgets

If we were still back in 2009, she probably would have been able to beat Barbra for the #1. Even back in 2011 she would have. But BJ did a number on her.

Also, I'd forgotten about Kelly Clarkson's comments about RCA...

On working with Dr. Luke:

“I got blackmailed by my label. They were like, ‘We will not put your album out if you don’t do this.’”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6913438/kelly-clarkson-rca-blackmail-dr-luke

33 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

If we were still back in 2009, she probably would have been able to beat Barbra for the #1. Even back in 2011 she would have. But BJ did a number on her.

Also, I'd forgotten about Kelly Clarkson's comments about RCA...

On working with Dr. Luke:

“I got blackmailed by my label. They were like, ‘We will not put your album out if you don’t do this.’”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6913438/kelly-clarkson-rca-blackmail-dr-luke

Maybe 2009 but 2011 would've been iffy! 

Oh yeah RCA was horrible to Kelly, they pulled her entire promo budget for My December purposely causing it to flop because they didn't like it and I think she only released 2 singles and one video for it. Also her Already Gone video is not a full video (it stops before the song ends) because of issues with RCA.......so I think one of Britney's big problems is RCA 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Maybe 2009 but 2011 would've been iffy! 

Oh yeah RCA was horrible to Kelly, they pulled her entire promo budget for My December purposely causing it to flop because they didn't like it and I think she only released 2 singles and one video for it. Also her Already Gone video is not a full video (it stops before the song ends) because of issues with RCA

It's funny...

I've been watching Exhale blame everyone for the current state of Britney's career....first Britney, then her creative team, then Larry...and we're finally, finally circling around to RCA. (We haven't touched the conservatorship yet, but that's definitely in the mix, too.)

I'm sure it's a combination of things, but her budgets are a glaring problem for me.

I hadn't realized that RCA could be that big of a problem...I was so happy for her to be rid of Jive that I hadn't considered that RCA could be far worse.

4 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Oh yeah RCA was horrible to Kelly, they pulled her entire promo budget for My December purposely causing it to flop because they didn't like it and I think she only released 2 singles and one video for it. Also her Already Gone video is not a full video (it stops before the song ends) because of issues with RCA

I had forgotten about this, I remember reading about it, RCA really doesn't know how to give their artists enough creative freedom and it's sad how much better Kelly could've done and Britney (oh and also, Tinashe comes to mind) could have a much better era, I don't know why they don't seem to realize it.

I don't agree. The very little that has gone right this era is thanks to RCA. Minus the release date/ Mexico leak and again I think that's due to them putting their trust in her team to deliver at the vmas. They actually need to be more hands on because when they've given her team a longer leash they have been the ones to mess things up ( make me video).

RCA made sure to bring Karen Kwak on board to A&R this project after Larry's Britney Jean / Will.i.am debacle - remember Will was Larry's client, he brought him on board, he thought that was a good idea. Let that sink in.:sofedup:

They discounted the single strategically to keep it alive and it boosted her final album sales numbers. If it wasn't for that she probably would've gotten Gwen Stefani numbers.

They made deals with Apple Music and Spotify to put her on a couple of playlists to boost Make Me. These are all very good things that happened thanks to RCA.

They treat Sia very well. Got her a number 1 single, she's on all of the spotify playlists, they paid Kendrick Lamar's fee for her new single and he's not cheap at all. But she's successful that's why they go all out of her. Hoping they put that same amount of care and money into Britney's next single(s).

6 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

RCA made sure to bring Karen Kwak on board to A&R this project after Larry's Britney Jean / Will.i.am debacle - remember Will was Larry's client, he brought him on board, he thought that was a good idea. Let that sink in.:sofedup:

Good point!

Larry has never had a problem with watering down Britney's A-list brand in order to make himself a buck. 

Anyone remember this?

Archived