Delusional Larry "She still appeals to a younger demographic."

blue.monopoly

7 minutes ago, sunkissed said:

It really sucks tbh. :otears:

I saw two memes on IG that had Britney on it, multiple comments said "Who's she?" "Who's that girl?" 

I would've never thought to see the day that someone would ask who Britney Spears is.

I hope she rebounds. I have faith. 

Let's pray together sis :tiffanycries:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sunkissed said:

It really sucks tbh. :otears:

I saw two memes on IG that had Britney on it, multiple comments said "Who's she?" "Who's that girl?" 

I would've never thought to see the day that someone would ask who Britney Spears is.

I hope she rebounds. I have faith. 

:o I have a Deviant Art account where I upload my Pokémon drawings, and another one where I upload Britney emotes (all the emotes from the forums and hundreds of other emotes I do). I use them all the time to reply to comments and stuff, and they're actually used quite a lot by other people, but today someone asked who was "that female" I always use to answer. It was this icon -> :mhm:

I was like, really? :idkney:

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:o I have a Deviant Art account where I upload my Pokémon drawings, and another one where I upload Britney emotes (all the emotes from the forums and hundreds of other emotes I do). I use them all the time to reply to comments and stuff, and they're actually used quite a lot by other people, but today someone asked who was "that female" I always use to answer. It was this icon -> :mhm:

I was like, really? :idkney:

It irks me sooo much tbh. Even on 9gag, on the rare occasion that she's mentioned, someone's always asking who she is. Ugh. It's so sad, but that's reality now. She disappeared and stayed low key too long and now people don't remember or know her. It's even worse when they still think she's "crazy" i'm like are u in 2007 :wtf:

As a "hip" and "trendy" 16 year old boy I can confirm that 98% of people under the age of 18 could not care less about Britney, she's a dinosaur/fossil to them like Madonna or Mariah or Janet :shameless:

Sad but true :shameless:

If you mention Britney to ANYBODY in my school they'd literally be like "Britney Spears? Isn't she like 56 now? Isn't she the girl who shaved her head at one point? Her song Womanizer is really catchy. I heard she's a bad parent, she used to be a good dancer but she's old and can't move anymore, and she lipsyncs. She still makes music? I thought she was like old and retired" :shameless:

I've gotten that answer or something along the lines of that from a lot more than one person :shameless: Many many people :shameless:

Sad huh :shameless:

Laughing at the delusional old people replying saying she apeals to young people, you don't know what they like, most young people think she's a joke and a try-hard and she's "too old to be ****" :shameless:

Honestly, that's how I've felt about Britney.

For most people born 2000 and onwards.

Britney is just irrelevant.  Sure she's an icon, and legend.  But she's probably like what Madonna was to you older fans (who probably are moving on with their lives... 25+ ).

I'm glad Britney is doing what she loves to do, but commercially, I think she does well for the bare minimum.

But her demographic I feel is mostly those since 98 and also some women 19+.

You guys have to remember us as a fanbase is a small part of that demographic. :crying1:

1 minute ago, - Kyle - said:

Honestly, that's how I've felt about Britney.

For most people born 2000 and onwards.

Britney is just irrelevant.  Sure she's an icon, and legend.  But she's probably like what Madonna was to you older fans (who probably are moving on with their lives... 25+ ).

I'm glad Britney is doing what she loves to do, but commercially, I think she does well for the bare minimum.

But her demographic I feel is mostly those since 98 and also some women 19+.

You guys have to remember us as a fanbase is a small part of that demographic. :crying1:

Yeah, I remember when I was a kid, and I was already a Britney fan, there were other, older artists that released music too, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Kylie Minogue, etc. I remember watching their videos on MTV and such, but it did feel like they were older, like from a different era, so I just never cared about them, so I definitely see how today's teens/kids wouldn't care about Britney.

However, back in my day :P Madonna was what, over 40? Britney's just 34, and has been this forgotten for years. So it's not about the age, because see Beyoncé. Or Katy Perry (she's now older than FFney :ohnoney:). Today, the youngest generations are the main consumers, but Britney should just appeal to young adults/adults and make them consume her music again.

3 hours ago, sunkissed said:

IA with this!! In 2003 at Britney's peak, I knew who Madonna was. I knew she's a veteran pop act and legendary and her legacy etc. But I could not care less about her. MATM could've been a Britney solo and I wouldn't be affected. I think teens these days think of Britney like that. They know she's there and does her thing, but don't really care.  

I agree however I do think that there is a quality that Britney has that still attracts some of the younger audience in a way that Madonna did not. Britney still has a tug with the younger audience largely due to the success of the FF singles, S&S and her still highly popular fragrance collection !! 

She isn't who younger audiences get fanatic about but I think she is more relatable as the icon who came b4 their favs more so than Madonna was to us 

5 hours ago, lirebelde said:

Britney is an artist with 18 years career but honestly i have been surprised that britney still has many teens fans here in exhale there are several who are teens, the problem is her marketing imagen that is dated they keep treating  to sell her  like if were 2008, britney not only needs tweets and social media interaction , she needs PAYOLA on radio and pay streaming sites to include her in several playlist for gain listener and streams like the most top teams does now.

In my opinion her audience is more like 25-30, they growing up with her and yes, she gained some younger fans with hits in the past, i would say (Gimme More, Womanizer maybe Hold It Against Me) but i don't think that is the case right now + That is the reason why Las Vegas Show works so well, nostalgic reasons, fans, stans, many people.

Dear Larry, the GP has turned her back to Britney and you're talking about younger demographic?His interviews are a bunch of delusional lies.I can't at him anymore.He need to **** the f up.

Britney became a legend because she was one if the best performers of all time.How can she approach a new audience with half assing arm choreos,awkward interviews and cd vocals from BOMT?

Archived