Britney Spears' Dreamy 'Glory' Cut "Mood Ring" Has Arrived: Listen

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2016 at 4:39 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

It's not better than 80% of the album! It's a great song but it's really simple there's not much to it which is why I'm sure it was made a bonus......it's a lot less complex than the rest of the album 

It's easily the most current and up to date sounding track on the album. You sound ignorant about the production. As if any song that lacks obvious horns, bells and whistles is too simple or doesn't have extensive complex production behind it. You'd be surprised.

This is the urban sound she promised and most likely left on the cutting room floor while being replaced with a safer watered down version on the album. Larry's old *** and the fans to some extent hold her back artistically from really going there. He always drags her back to a more pop leaning sound regardless of the direction they start off in. A lot of fans aren't happy unless she does cheesy pop (Liar) or there's some giant edm beat behind it. They'd probably **** bricks if she put out a Lemonade or Anti without obvious pop hits.

7 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I love Mood Ring it's great but it's not nearly as good as people are making it out to be, Karen made it a Japanese track because compared to the rest of the album it's a super simple track......there's not a ton of lyrical content and the production is not as rich as the rest of Glory. The only way it would ever be a single is if they re-release Glory adding it along with new songs and make it like the 4th or 5th single.....which is all it's good enough for tbh....it's not 2nd or 3rd single worthy. 

I highly disagree .. everybody that I know that's heard it has instantly loved it !! The songs that make huge hits on the radio are usually songs that have a simplicity to them.. this song is not only pretty amazing on its own but it's the only one from Glory that has big top 40 potential 

7 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

Not to mention that everyone's aside her fans are also talking about Mood Ring. And what the writers and producer said about the song really brought attention to it. 

I've seen this !! This is so true !! The general listener attaches to this song on an instant level.. it's a bonafide hit for the masses 

12 hours ago, colormefresh said:

This song is slaying people who hate Britney just saying

Same on my end .. I played it at work and everybody was like DAAAAAMMMMMM THIS SONG IS FIRE!!! I'll say that Glory has been generally appreciated by the ppl I've pushed it on but nothing has had an instant catch with non fans like this song 

I guess I'll start with Mood Ring, when I first heard this song I knew it was amazing and I saw a bunch of people saying it could of been a lead single and I'm like nah I don't see it but today. After having this song on repeat for some days now I'm officially jumping on board I just cant resist it I absolutely would of enjoyed this as a lead.

Secondly, I had to drive my mother to work today so I was listening to the radio earlier than normal. We get in the car and they play Cheap Thrills ft Sean Paul then they start talking for quite a long while even while I'm getting gas and such so after they talk for like 20 minutes nonstop the next damn song they play is CHEAP THRILLS AGAIN.

It just frustrates me when I think about how good Make Me is and the fact that it deserves so much more than what it got. Like I cant believe some of the **** they be playing.

I think "Mood Ring" is the only Glory cut that has what it takes to be a major radio smash. The formula the song has is everything pop radio is about right now & that doesn't mean it's the best song from the album, it just means it's the only one that has what listeners are being fed on a daily basis.. it also does it in a very good way.. making it something that would stand out 

This is why I rarely listen to mainstream radio in my country. They just play the same few songs all the time on a loop. I like Cheap Thrills (the Sia-only version) but I don't get the hype about her. Her voice is very hard to listen to and I don't understand what she's saying. Chandelier was painful to listen to. It seems to be a popular song with the GP though. It's a pity Mood Ring was only put on the Japanese edition. It should have been on the main album instead of What You Need or Clumsy.

Archived