Celebuzz: Flop Star of the Week

NewB

Already OP?

Despite being her best album in more than a decade, Britney Spears’ Glory debuts at No. 3 on the Album 200 with 111,000 combined units, 88,000 of which were traditional sales. (For comparison, 2013’s Britney Jean debuted at No. 4 with 107,000 copies sold; streaming did not yet factor into the album charts.)

The common rebuttal to this line of questioning is usually: “She’s been in the game for 20 years, a Top 3 debut is great!” Tell that to Barbra Streisand. (Or Beyoncé, for that matter.)

He even went on saying that lack of promo is not to blame because Britney was everywhere. 

Sigh :'( It's hard being Britney Spears

But this comment: 

"Let me get this straight... Britney is flop star of the week because she came in third in the US and 2nd in the UK... Sometimes I don't know what unrealistic ideals people hold out for her. She is doing great."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you haven't noticed that every ******* new article shading britney is also because is promoting beyonce?:mhmsureny: is not only radio but beyonka team is trying to saboting britney even reviwes of glory is about how amazing is lemons juice:sofedup: and how talks about social problems unlike glory:tiffeyeroll: her team are paying checks.:NYnod:

There's just too much hate on Britney. It's been like this ever since though. I'm sad the album did not debut number 1, they always expect her to be number 1 and if she doesn't she's called a flop. That's what legends are like. Anyway, album sales and charts aside I'm happy that GLORY is a masterpiece, and that she worked hard for it. 

Archived