I think she needs a new label

lustwecantcontrol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

RCA is the problem.  There is no way Jive would have agreed to release BJ or allowed the MM or Perfume video to be scrapped.  Do you remember how they shelved the Original Doll because it wasn't good enough?

You people complain a lot about Jive but a lot of what is happening under RCA would NEVER happen under Jive.  Jive actually cared about Britney's legacy and ever since she joined RCA everything has been a mess.

Who's complaining about Jive, not me. :watrusayin:

But Jive is in the past anyway. Flop label or not, the promotion has been ZZZZZzzzzzz, so it's not making an impact. :britannoyed:

17 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Who's complaining about Jive, not me. :watrusayin:

But Jive is in the past anyway. Flop label or not, the promotion has been ZZZZZzzzzzz, so it's not making an impact. :britannoyed:

Well RCA dropping the ball plus the so so promo are both problems and honestly she gave the worst promo of her life for FF but it was still successful because Jive did things right

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Why do you guys keep thinking it's the label? Zayn, JT, Chris Brown, Pink, Mark Ronson, Sia... All with RCA and all doing just fine with the singles they have had out. I don't think it has anything to do with her label. 

It's just them trying to put the blame on anyone other than Britney. Had the album debuted with 500k+ everyone would be praising her team and label

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Why do you guys keep thinking it's the label? Zayn, JT, Chris Brown, Pink, Mark Ronson, Sia... All with RCA and all doing just fine with the singles they have had out. I don't think it has anything to do with her label. 

This.  I guess the people complaining about RCA's so-called lack of support missed the letter that the label VP (not some unimportant exec, the VP) wrote in defense of Britney and 'Make Me', and when he also gushed over Glory to Billboard and said that it has several potential big hits, and all the promo they got her through Spotify and Apple Music, and when they quickly sent out the VMA remix to take advantage of hype, and when they released promo singles to build buzz for the album, etc., etc.  That's a lot more support and attention than most artists get from their labels.

Looking at RCA's roster, they have tons of artists who are killing it, so they clearly aren't to blame.  It's actually pretty obvious to me that Britney is a top priority for them.  I think fans unhappy with Glory's performance are just looking for someone to blame when it's perfectly normal for an artist this far into their career to not be selling millions anymore.  It isn't Britney's fault, it isn't RCA's fault- it's just the natural order of things.  

I agree.  Beyonce justjust turned 35 and is having a longer successful career than britney is at the moment. It's not fair and fairly pisses me off.  Glory is the best album she's put out in years.  Yet her label or her team hardly do anytbing right.  Promo is good..mm I'll give them that but there just not 100% invested at all in her.   After seeing make me flop horribly I'm worried how the rest of the singles released will go, if anymore that is 

1 minute ago, DirtyMind said:

This.  I guess the people complaining about RCA's so-called lack of support missed the letter that the label VP (not some unimportant exec, the VP) wrote in defense of Britney and 'Make Me', and when he also gushed over Glory to Billboard and said that it has several potential big hits, and the promo they got through Spotify and Apple Music, and when they smartly sent out the VMA remix to take advantage of hype, and when they released promo singles to build buzz for the album, etc., etc.  That's a lot more support and attention than most artists get from their labels.

Looking at RCA's roster, they have tons of artists who are killing it, so they clearly aren't to blame.  It's actually pretty obvious to me that Britney is a top priority for them.  I think fans unhappy with Glory's performance are just looking for someone to blame when it's perfectly normal for an artist this far into their career to not be selling millions anymore.  It isn't Britney's fault, it isn't RCA's fault- it's just the natural order of things.  

I could care less that it wasn't #1 and I'm sorry but she does not seem like a top priority at all to me and that letter that was sent out was embarrassing and so unprofessional. 

Everything they do with her albums is so haphazard and poorly planned, like really do your research before picking a release date, make sure she's in the ******** ads for the week of release, and make sure you send more than like 5 copies to stores......oh and don't send the album out a ******* week early so it ends up leaking! They act like amateurs when it comes to her! Also they should have done Target exclusive tracks that is an amazing way of getting extra exposure/sales both Barbara and FGL had them and Target advertised the hell out of those albums. 

1 minute ago, DirtyMind said:

This.  I guess the people complaining about RCA's so-called lack of support missed the letter that the label VP (not some unimportant exec, the VP) wrote in defense of Britney and 'Make Me', and when he also gushed over Glory to Billboard and said that it has several potential big hits, and the promo they got through Spotify and Apple Music, and when they smartly sent out the VMA remix to take advantage of hype, and when they released promo singles to build buzz for the album, etc., etc.  That's a lot more support and attention than most artists get from their labels.

And honestly (not to be mean or get bashed because I love Britney) she's more of a priority than she should be, given her overuse of lipsynching/her hit or miss performances sometimes/her awkwardness during promo. Ppl really think another artist could do that and their label still put so much money into them? Not a chance. RCA has some super talented vocalists (I.e. Jazmine Sullivan) who don't get the huge platforms/opportunities Britney gets. If she does CK and looks awkward, she's not helping ppl wanna buy her albums. If she does VMAs and doesn't kill it, she's not helping ppl wanna buy her albums. She's truly not giving ppl in the GP anything to care about that they aren't getting from Beyonce or Rihanna or Taylor or whatever That's not the label doing that. :-/

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I didn't say it was just the label, but I think the label is a big part of it and for the record Kelly and RCA had a terrible relationship they fought over a ton of things they even pulled her entire promo budget for one of her albums and guess what.......she left them for a different label this year because she thinks RCA sucks

And honestly Atlantic isn't gonna be any better for her. All their female acts are suffering. Charli XCX, Jojo, Kehlani. They have no clue how to market those girls and they are talented. The same could happen to Britney. The grass isn't always greener. 

Guest Lord Bills
4 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think BJ was the first album in her contract with them, she usually signs for 3-4 albums at a time so she might be stuck with RCA till B10/B11, but I think if she wants she can pay to break it and leave. Mariah just did that because she was really unhappy with how her old label handled the release of her last 3 albums. 

BJ was the last album of the contract, glory is the first whit the new one +3 more album :boredashell:

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

And honestly Atlantic isn't gonna be any better for her. All their female acts are suffering. Charli XCX, Jojo, Kehlani. They have no clue how to market those girls and they are talented. The same could happen to Britney. The grass isn't always greener. 

I think with Atlantic Kelly's not worried about being marketed so much as artistic freedom. That's something every stanbase needs to get in their head, not every pop diva is out to have the #1 song for 18 weeks with sales of 10m+. If that happens then good for them, but Kelly hasn't always wanted that and it was apparent from her second album.

Britney is the same. She's said it and ******* here even quote it that she doesn't have anything to prove anymore. She does what she does because she wants to. Not because she's a puppet. There was an article that someone had posted about her vma performance and the lady basically said there's a disconnect between Britney the star and Britney the person. And that's exactly what Britney wants. She'll get up on that stage and do what she needs to do but that part of her life is so separated from her normal life. And she wants it like that. And good for her. I'm just happy she's still consistently putting out albums.   

Rant over :cigney:

Archived