BB200: Britney 111k SPS/88 pure - Come congratulate your queen for outdoing Brinty Joan

Lou M. Taylor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GetBack98 said:

I mean, we got a VMAs performance, Carpool Karoke, tons of radio interviews, Jimmy Kimmel segment and she only outsold BJ by 4k  :queenie: (Yeah I know about sales decreasing overall but still :wontcry: )

The VMA had virtually no impact on the album. She needed a medley.

Carpool helped Make Me, it did its job.

Are you serious about Jimmy Kimmel? That was way before the release and that along with the radio interviews don't help an album sell. Don't be delusional. :juggingu:

32 minutes ago, Jba1213 said:

I just don't understand FGL though like really? FGL sold more than Britney? The system is broken, something illegal must be going down like that doesn't even sound correct or add up! Like not even half the states listen to country music so how did they outsell Britney???:xcuseme: I demand a RECOUNT

Those country fans don't know what a Spotify is or how to download a leaked album:wannadie:

29 minutes ago, joey4228 said:

3 is not bad at all.

Exactly! Plus an amazing album, lots of promo. What matters is keeping it in the charts so it can go platinum! 3 is Britney's favorite number it seems lol

4 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

thoughts on that 88k @button? :comingthru:

My thoughts are the low sales were due to:

*RCA severly undershipping Glory. Certainly because of Britney Jean's terrible performance in the stores.

*Delivering a lacklustre VMA performance + no mention of the album.

Had things gone in the right direction, she would have 120k pure. :soyeah:

Thoughts on Frank Ocean doing half of Glory's numbers and sitting at #4? I was told he'd #1 for 2 weeks and would block Brit.

5 minutes ago, button said:

The VMA had virtually no impact on the album. She needed a medley.

Carpool helped Make Me, it did its job.

Are you serious about Jimmy Kimmel? That was way before the release and that along with the radio interviews don't help an album sell. Don't be delusional. :juggingu:

VMAs still put her name out there, you don't have to perform your entire album to promote it, that's what a lead single (which she did perform) is supposed to do

Most of the radio interviews were during release week tho ? When she mentioned Glory (and how her song came up with the name) 

Carpool Karaoke did help Make Me but didn't James announced she had a new album out at the end of the segment during the show? :juggingu: 

I already warmed up to the 92K HDD figure but this is fine. Glory era needs to be a gradual process of rebuilding her brand and image, as well as restoring people's faith in Britney's work. Therefore, a slow start isn't a bad thing and by no means the end of the era, considering I believe they have plans for promotion in the upcoming weeks and hopefully months down the line. This album WILL outsell Britney Jean.

8 minutes ago, GetBack98 said:

VMAs still put her name out there, you don't have to perform your entire album to promote it, that's what a lead single (which she did perform) is supposed to do

Most of the radio interviews were during release week tho ? When she mentioned Glory (and how her song came up with the name) 

Carpool Karaoke did help Make Me but didn't James announced she had a new album out at the end of the segment during the show? :juggingu: 

Lemonade getting a VMA boost and Glory not is proof that performing one song isn't enough. Especially when you waste half of your performance in singing a song that was already a hit months ago. :juggingu:

We have no cases of radio interviews boosting album sales. They don't do anything. I think they are just a subtle way to get the radio stations to play your single.

Idk about James mentioning her album. I think it has to be more in-your-face to help. Like if they got Kim Kardashian to tell the viewers "She has album out right now, it's called Glory! Go buy it!" at the VMA.

She's put her career in this state where it's not going to be easy to get large numbers again. Her legacy will never be forgotten of course, but her current selling power has diminished exponentially due to her lack of involvement in the current pop scene and the quality of the material she has released in the last 5 years (BJ and PG). However, she has just released the best album she could possibly release when it comes to winning back over her fans and casual fans. Britney and RCA will really have to push this album though, and see it through to really notice a positive change in perspective of Britney and her music. Great album is a check, a good amount of promo is a check (but we'll need even more), now we still need great visuals and at least 3 more singles! 

(Hope the AMA and SNL rumor is true). 

Also, yes sales are down significantly since the release of BJ, and though BJ wasn't well received after it had time to settle, it was still riding a decent wave created by FF. 'Glory' was in the negative to begin with due to Bj. 

1 minute ago, button said:

You know those who hand back their stan cards always start like this. They shade their fave and say mean comments about them all the time when they underperform, then they outright give up on them.

Making you aware of your situation to speed up the process. :begone:

that doesn't change the fact that Glory Is actually Floppy :shameless:

Archived