How Britney can truly become relevant again

Brisketney

So here we are, with a true masterpiece of an album, highly likely that is going to debut #3 on the BB200, Britney doing tons of promo, starting to look and feel alive again. About half the things that everyone was complaining about in the last era, Britney fixed. So what's next? :idkney:

Okay, so I know you're all still in your first-week daze and enjoying the album. I am too, and I absolutely love it. However, I'll just put this out there that me contemplating on the future, and #B10, isn't me being ungrateful for the album and tons of amazing things we are getting on Britney. These are just my honest thoughts on what could happen in the next era. :hairflip:

After Blackout was out, everyone was so impressed by the new sounds she brought to the table with it, that they started to copy her, the producers and writers she worked with, etc. They all started getting major exposure. She really made something that could've made everyone respect her 100x if the breakdown didn't occur at the same time. Meanwhile, Glory didn't have many tracks, I feel, that introduced new sounds to the GP. The only ones I can think off of my head are CP, Better, and Love Me Down. 

Britney seriously played it safe this time round and at the very same time, managed to explore and push the boundaries when it came to her discography. This is her bid to become very relevant again, possibly even back to what she had in Femme Fatale and Circus. When I mean played safe, Britney chose producers that other people had already brought to the table (e.g. Selena, Gwen, Nick Jonas). Therefore the sound they brought to Glory, had pretty much been used by the people that got them first. 

So here's my theory about Glory. It's a stepping stone, which is why I'm not criticizing her for using sounds that have been used by everyone else (Don't try to deny it though, she already admitted in an interview she was very inspired by Revival). It's preparing the world for #B10, whatever that will be exactly, and for her to really come out on top. She has the potential. Dancing, live singing, and all that other stuff aside, if Britney manages to push out another Blackout and pave the way once again for the other flops and show everyone who is the real Princess of Pop, she will really get the recognition she truly deserves. :lustney:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean yeah this album is a little bit more "commercial" I guess. Honestly though The first couple times I listened to it in full I was happy because I liked that Britney was experimenting with current sounds, but still putting the classic Britney twist on it. The music in my opinion really isn't the problem, like I said in another thread I think it has more to do with the creative side of things. She just needs someone to help her or have a vision for a full era and make everything flow together. I was reading an article a creative director did talking about making things more of a "movement" than an album cycle and I think thats whats really missing.  

18 minutes ago, Brisketney said:

So here we are, with a true masterpiece of an album, highly likely that is going to debut #3 on the BB200, Britney doing tons of promo, starting to look and feel alive again. About half the things that everyone was complaining about in the last era, Britney fixed. So what's next? :idkney:

Okay, so I know you're all still in your first-week daze and enjoying the album. I am too, and I absolutely love it. However, I'll just put this out there that me contemplating on the future, and #B10, isn't me being ungrateful for the album and tons of amazing things we are getting on Britney. These are just my honest thoughts on what could happen in the next era. :hairflip:

After Blackout was out, everyone was so impressed by the new sounds she brought to the table with it, that they started to copy her, the producers and writers she worked with, etc. They all started getting major exposure. She really made something that could've made everyone respect her 100x if the breakdown didn't occur at the same time. Meanwhile, Glory didn't have many tracks, I feel, that introduced new sounds to the GP. The only ones I can think off of my head are CP, Better, and Love Me Down. 

Britney seriously played it safe this time round and at the very same time, managed to explore and push the boundaries when it came to her discography. This is her bid to become very relevant again, possibly even back to what she had in Femme Fatale and Circus. When I mean played safe, Britney chose producers that other people had already brought to the table (e.g. Selena, Gwen, Nick Jonas). Therefore the sound they brought to Glory, had pretty much been used by the people that got them first. 

So here's my theory about Glory. It's a stepping stone, which is why I'm not criticizing her for using sounds that have been used by everyone else (Don't try to deny it though, she already admitted in an interview she was very inspired by Revival). It's preparing the world for #B10, whatever that will be exactly, and for her to really come out on top. She has the potential. Dancing, live singing, and all that other stuff aside, if Britney manages to push out another Blackout and pave the way once again for the other flops and show everyone who is the real Princess of Pop, she will really get the recognition she truly deserves. :lustney:

I agree with everything! u said in most things! just can't figure out which song is CP? do u mean Coupure Electrique? cause... YES that song is VERY different from anything we're hearing today! and I just wanna say one more track... yeah it's common, in general but new for Britney, which is "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)"

44 minutes ago, icona said:

I mean yeah this album is a little bit more "commercial" I guess. Honestly though The first couple times I listened to it in full I was happy because I liked that Britney was experimenting with current sounds, but still putting the classic Britney twist on it. The music in my opinion really isn't the problem, like I said in another thread I think it has more to do with the creative side of things. She just needs someone to help her or have a vision for a full era and make everything flow together. I was reading an article a creative director did talking about making things more of a "movement" than an album cycle and I think thats whats really missing.  

14 minutes ago, TripInTheZone said:

Honestly I don't think she can.  :overwhelm:

She awkard 

she not the fun type

Spoiler

way more fun than you :juggingu:

shes not really spontaneous anymore like the ITZ- club hopping 

Shes a mom 

Spoiler

how original :juggingu:

Not fashionable which is very popular these days 

Spoiler

she could hire a new stylist :sofedup:

Not contraversal 

Spoiler

controversial* and she's britney ******* spears of course she could be controversial if she wanted to. 

The only thing she can be is Britney 

:hairflip::bparty::cuteneylaugh::bpout::tongueney::lmao::ehidk::cutebrit:

Lmao im not trying to be mean but if you don't believe that Britney can improve, or if you'll never be happy I don't get why you'd even be a fan :ehno:

8 minutes ago, icona said:

Lmao im not trying to be mean but if you don't believe that Britney can improve, or if you'll never be happy I don't get why you'd even be a fan :ehno:

I don't think i gave that impression that i wasn't a Britney fan that's a little dramatic :quirkney:

I'm just saying the truth 

she could definitely improve but Britney is too content and happy with her life at the moment. 

And saying she's a mom was not meant to be an insult. What mom in the music business is spontaneous these days. :nothavingit:

I think it will be very hard for her to push boundaries in music again...she was big back then and everyone was looking at her...that's why artists took directions to what she was doing.

Now she really is playing it safe (FF,BJ,Glory) and maybe that was a mistake of her part?I don't blame her tho when she wants a vacation often.She has done this already (like she said) and I don't think she would want to lead the pack again.

Idk if she could.. but it will be very hard for her to connect with the current GP again..although she said it herself that she likes to experiment and maybe she will hit the bullseye of her biggest comeback which will put her back at the top ranks of relevancy

1 hour ago, TripInTheZone said:

Honestly I don't think she can.  :overwhelm:

She awkard 

she not the fun type

shes not really spontaneous anymore like the ITZ- club hopping 

Shes a mom 

Not fashionable which is very popular these days 

Not contraversal 

The only thing she can be is Britney 

:hairflip::bparty::cuteneylaugh::bpout::tongueney::lmao::ehidk::cutebrit:

Yet Adele

Is a mom

Not Controversial

Her fashions aren't that great

Adele isn't club hopping being a mess.

Your point is no point.

I think you're over estimating how "commercial" this album is. None of the songs or most of them don't fit what's in the top 40 now, and only a few are "trend following". what Britney needs to be relevant in 2016 is for her to stop lipsyncing and to have good art direction. That's literally all anyone cares about in 2016

i think people think that Britneyi is a "guilty pleasure"  if u know what i mean

i dont know why people just dont like sayng that they like BRitney Spears,

everytime i say im a Britney fan ppl look at me like :britwtf:, a friend fro work even asked me if she still exist! i was about to kill her but then i

remebered that suicide is still a crime. :dontlike:

Archived