I'm afraid radio is boycotting Britney this era again

Don Juan

Just now, DirtyMind said:

Not really. The Circus and FF eras slayed radio-wise, plus 'S&S' was a smash (and we all know that wasn't because of will.i.cant since even Miley and Bieber couldn't get him hits).  Even 'WB' did pretty well all things considered.  

They're just hesitant to play a woman in her mid-30s, especially one with so much baggage, and it's only going to get worse.  Pop radio is notorious for being ****** and ageist.  Sad but true.

Yeah but even when Britney was the IT girl back in her peak radio used to do this. It's nothing new with princess unfortunately. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

The fact that the radio stations I listen to don't play Britney but play the same generic 10-15 songs each day shows how crappy radio is tbh :beynah: Like I can change it so many times while driving and different stations will play the same songs simultaneously nnnnnnn :moorangu:

32 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

I feel like requests don't even matter anymore. The radio is literally playing the same played out songs all the time. I doubt anyone is requesting to hear One Dance and Work all day long as old as those songs are. There has to be another method that gets songs played...idk :-/

Rate the Music? Make Me was #1 for weeks there.

iTunes? It went #1 on the first day, fell outside top 50, and rebounded to top 5. Rise is no where in sight in comparison.

Our only way to push the song is requesting.

She only did well on radios during the circus and ff Era which was a surprise to me tbh 

GM was huge in the USA and had like 29m in audience lol so it's not a surprise at all 

Britney needs her fans to request right now in pop (maybe on Hot AC as well. I think it could still peak on HAC. And that could push the song. It should be higher all around.) and she&RCA needs to do a push on the Hot AC an even the AC and Urban for the later singles. She needs to have more than the pop format. That will improve her streaming numbers as well. 

radio apathy but she doesn't have a lot of fans like before either. she has a small number scattered around the world but not huge amount. these fans request or stream for a like a day or two then they lose interest. it takes 3 months from start to finish to get a song to become a hit and then peak.

joe riccitelli needs to pay up. the stations want money not a damn letter. :nothavingit: he's got a to open up those coffers. how are they going to get four singles when they can't even get one to be a hit?

2 hours ago, Fab britney said:

I know this sounds repetitive cauSe ppl said it about the vmas, but usually songs grow on radio after they're performed at I heart radio. It may see a huge boost. 

Yes, that's why I say the song won't peak until October.  People don't understand how difficult it is to overcome being blacklisted on radio. 

Radio boycotted her during Blackout despite all the singles having strong sales.  Team Britney had to do a serious reinvention during the Circus era to make her radio worthy again.

This is Britney's biggest reinvention since the Circus era to make her relevant for radio once again.  There is a reason why she did the BBMA's, VMA's and now the Iheart Festival.

The worst thing about it is that radio has become even more important for chart success now than ever before.  You can't get into the top 10 on Billboard anymore without strong radio support.

Archived