Britney Spears' 'Glory' Debuts At No. 3 In The U.S.

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're dumb as **** if you think the GP doesn't know she has a new album out. She has literally been everywhere, the GP knows she has an album out. They just don't care.

im happy with a #3 debut. Charts aren't everything but it seems like you'll never understand that. How old are you? We have been given a quality album, focus your attention on that instead of bitching, complaining and pointing fingers. 

I think the album is amazing. Even the sales aren't that bad compared to other artists. It was just a matter of bad timing. I bet since they knew or accepted the VMA performance, they adopted the idea of "we're releasing it that weekend", but they waited too much. I don't know when was the album finished, but I think it could've been easily released back in June or July, when there wasn't so many competition.

I always said it, no matter how long they wait, there was always gonna be someone else releasing something. The truth is there were weeks where no one released anything. Basically every Friday since June was a missed opportunity. :blol: Then how they managed the released of Make Me..., the original video leaking, and then they just released the song, but no performance, no promo, no nothing FOR A MONTH! Then they release that video that didn't help at all. So, I think under these circumstances, the album did really good. I don't see it rising next week, but all the opposite.

You're right, they're doing all these promo, but they barely talk about the album. I don't know if they at least play some songs during those radio interviews, but I guess it's just Make Me...

With an album as good as this, they needed to do a medley at the VMA's, or do something like the ITZ especial. But I think it was just the bad timing. :mhm:

1 hour ago, Soni said:

That's a nice point tho..:idkney:

I am grateful that she does promo but her team needs to calculate it right for it to be successful..cuz we are just watching a fly bump in a closed window over and over again..

I am still annoyed at those stans/rep-***** that praise everything Brit does and hate on everyone who gives a little criticism..Like...everyone is happy that she is active again duuh but speaking our mind doesn't mean we are bad fans!Especially when people who have nothing against her see that some things that her team makes her do aren't gonna give a good result in comparison to something that could be as easily done that is gonna give a far bigger result:angietea:

This. This. This. This.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't blame anything besides Britney absence from the scene for years. 

THIS IS SOOOOOOO ACCURATE, Plus poor choice as a first single... terrible VMA performance, awkward CK... ALL PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH SHE SUCKS and NOT how good the album is.... People wanna see britney release uptempo songs with next level choreography... Not these lame *** arm movements. I believe she will come back hard next time around. Hopefully Larry and her team of idiots have learned a thing or two this time around. UGH THE ALBUM DESERVED #1 :(

2 hours ago, austsilva said:

To be honest make me has s chance to rebound but very unlikely. I think they had a great momentum going when they first released make me. Everyone including myself is tired of hearing it but I think the make me video is the root cause of it. If she would have released the video it would have caused lots of people to talk about it and it would most likelikely have gone viral. It could have brought make me into the top 10 & hyped up the album to come. While the video was going viral they could have set the commercial before the video to let the gp know she's coming out w/ an album that can be preordered. They just lost they're hook with the make me video so the gp had nothing to bite on to.

EXACTLY. :britstare11:

Britney is not at a point in her career where she can pull in successful numbers from an album with a low-charting lead single. ITZ had a low-charting lead single, but that was during Britney's prime when her performances and name alone could sell millions of copies. Britney has been "mom-ney" now for the past few years and she has gotten really boring in the eyes of the GP. In order for this album to succeed, they needed a KILLER video and single from the start. The messy single release, the scrapped music video, and the cheap album cover destroyed the whole album promotion, in my opinion.

Honestly, I feel like the original plans for this album were probably much better - Team B probably wanted to use the LaChapelle artwork for the entire album and cover, and, of course, they had the original MM music video. Something happened behind the scenes that ended up killing the whole promo plan, so they had to come up with something at the last minute. Imagine how great it would've been if they had just went with their original vision. Ugh.

It doesn't make us bad fans to criticize stuff that we feel could use some improvement. Glory is great, and it didn't deserve a messy promo roll-out.

4 minutes ago, Barbiebrit said:

THIS IS SOOOOOOO ACCURATE, Plus poor choice as a first single... terrible VMA performance, awkward CK... ALL PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH SHE SUCKS and NOT how good the album is.... People wanna see britney release uptempo songs with next level choreography... Not these lame *** arm movements. I believe she will come back hard next time around. Hopefully Larry and her team of idiots have learned a thing or two this time around. UGH THE ALBUM DESERVED #1 :(

Sweetie, if they didn't learn anything from Britney Jean, then I doubt they learned anything from this. :NOOO:

Just now, iZacaree said:

Sweetie, if they didn't learn anything from Britney Jean, then I doubt they learned anything with this. :NOOO:

LMFAOOOO the shade!!!! They did wayyyyy better than britney jean this time around with all the promo but it seems like they are more concerned with promoting her vegas shows, Geazy and what a wonderful mommy she is more than anything else... I mean they could have easily done a few songs from this album - HER BEST ALBUM THIS DECADE!!! Hopefully this album will have more longevity thanks to Iheart and her other performances for the rest of the year. I MOST DEFINITELY APPRECIATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YASSSSSSS :D

Archived