Jamie Lynn on Britney's VMA's performance

Prince Ali

http://onairwithryan.iheart.com/articles/trending-104650/heres-what-sis-jamie-lynn-spears-15069125/

"She was confident and happy and to me that is success so I was really happy to see her up there and she looked phenomenal."

And then she said something that made us all say, "same."

"(It was) extremely nerve wracking. I was very nervous and she was nervous. It was a big deal for her," Jamie Lynn said. "She gets more nervous than I think people could ever imagine and then they put her on after Beyoncé and I was like ‘Why would they do that?’"

In between feeling all nervous for her sister (and let's be honest, we were too!), JLS has her own things to stress about like new music and her daughter Maddie going back to school. Yup, valid.

She says her song "Sleepover" was an attempt to embrace her fun side and oh hey, send an awesome message to little girls everywhere: "I want young girls to know you can be fun, flirty, confident, but you still can be in control."

OK, GIRL. YES.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, chris_fives said:

"(It was) extremely nerve wracking. I was very nervous and she was nervous. It was a big deal for her," Jamie Lynn said. "She gets more nervous than I think people could ever imagine and then they put her on after Beyoncé and I was like ‘Why would they do that?’"

Then someone says something about it :) Thank you Jamie Lynn <3 

Not the first time MTV shaded Brit. First, she got no awards in her prime. Then, she introduced Beyonce after HER tribute.

Finally, which is partly Britney/team Britney's fault, they let her perform after Beyonce. The reason it's kind of Britney and her team's fault is because this was a perfect opportunity to promote the album as well as putting on an amazing show. At least 2 songs other than Make Me would have been great. 

Girl has to AT LEAST sing along to the track too. It's ridiculous to play the CD vocals when even Selena Gomez and Katy Perry sing live at this point. Britney is better than that. 

Bottom line: If Britney was willing to try, she would have slayed everyone and no one would have to worry about her performing after Beyonce. 

Beyonce knew that. She knows Britney gets nervous and sometimes it shows in her performances. That snake wanted her to appear nervous on stage so that it can seem to the gp that SHE made the queen of the vmas nervous....sadly for her Britney SLAYED ppl can say wtf they want about her lip synching, but she brought PRIMENEY on beyonce's *** and i wish she would have sang when she switched mics  b/c the reception would be different why tf did she prerecord for Bbmas and got back lash for lippin yet think she can go to the vmas and lip to the studio track...vma performance was great and honestly the first time in years I have seen primeney slay on stage since 2003 SHE wasn't the let down the overall production was a let down to some as well as the lip synching but everyone complimented her dancing and presence 

Her career is destined to fail at this point. The only publicity she ever gets is by talking about Britney.

She needs better song writers than some woman who wrote a hit song for Taylor Swift 10 years ago. Her first written material sounds good but never saw the light of day.

Breaking into country with a song about her husband (who came across weirdly in her documentary making innuendos a few times)

then a much worse song recently which seems to be about deciding not to stay over a guys house because he wants you. 

Who is her demographic? Grown up Zoey fans? Country fans? I don't think either. She should have gone the Christian-folk route for success.

Her song Bigger Picture is potentially religious and much better than any of the others 

Archived