UK Album Chart Update

Guest Nick Jonas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, danvonerich said:

Unless it was digital and not physical probably not :donewithit: physical sales (aka in store) are counted by how many the stores had delivered

But they must've had some more delivered in the last few days because when I was in on Saturday then had like 10-15 copies left. :idkney:

Everyone should stop shading Barbra tbh. I just checked and this will be her 6th #1 album in the UK. She's a force to be reckoned with tbh. It's not like Britney is losing out to some flop artist. Barbra has a strong (old) fan base and they're loyal AF. 

Anyways, where did the SPECIFIC figures come from??? I need to know yesterday's 800 figure is for real! :(

Guest Nick Jonas
5 minutes ago, PlayingItSafe said:

Everyone should stop shading Barbra tbh. I just checked and this will be her 6th #1 album in the UK. She's a force to be reckoned with tbh. It's not like Britney is losing out to some flop artist. Barbra has a strong (old) fan base and they're loyal AF. 

Anyways, where did the SPECIFIC figures come from??? I need to know yesterday's 800 figure is for real! :(

Buzzjack. :wannadie:

Guest Nick Jonas
24 minutes ago, myfacelikeamannequin said:

So just FYI we don't have 2 days of sales to go, this weeks chart closes at midnight tomorrow (Thursday) and then its announced on Friday afternoon, so we just need Glory to stay strong until then. It's fallen on iTunes a bit but lots of compilations still in front so fingers crossed!! :lustney:

That's two days. Today and tomorrow. :sizeup:

1 hour ago, danvonerich said:

Unless it was digital and not physical probably not :donewithit: physical sales (aka in store) are counted by how many the stores had delivered

of course physicals count, charts go off how many copies are sold not shipments.. you cant say someones bought a copy if they haven't.

35 minutes ago, inhale said:

of course physicals count, charts go off how many copies are sold not shipments.. you cant say someones bought a copy if they haven't.

I'm just saying what numerous people have said Hun :shameless: even news sites have stated its based on shipment, not individual sales.

edit: 

Albums tend to be certified based on shipments not sales but this varies country to country somewhat. This means how many copies of an album were sent to stores. If an album is anticipated to sell well, a large number of copies will be ordered by stores, earning the band an immediately high certification which does not reflect an album's actual popularity. An example is Metallica's St. Anger. Released in June 2003, in July it was certified 2x Platinum in the US; this denotes 2 million copies were shipped. In June 2008, actual sales were around 1.76 million. Even after five years it had failed to sell all of the originally shipped copies.

2 hours ago, No Seas Cortés said:

But they must've had some more delivered in the last few days because when I was in on Saturday then had like 10-15 copies left. :idkney:

Im not sure but if that's you in your pic you look hot :idkney:

stores only get get deliveries once or twice a week so it's possible, if the album appears to be selling well they would most likely order more in

Archived