e!online: why mtv made britney perform right after beyoncé!

justkeepdoingit

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The choreo was lame. The performance wouldn't have been any better if she'd gone first, last or anywhere else in the schedule. 

If she'd tackled harder choreo like the rehearsal footage we saw...

If they'd shown the REAL Make Me vid in the background instead of the crappy and underwhelming shadow hands....

It was an okay performance and we have to accept it. I'm so proud she did the VMAs but I'm not going to pretend it was a great performance or she slayed. It was decent. 

21 minutes ago, umop-apisdn said:

don't be a child ! leave her private life alone, we're discussing their music career not their personal life

Did you not hear Lemonade? Its all about her personal life with jay z. She bashes him then goes home to that. It's a messed up relationship. He's her conservator. She don't love herself. :donewithit:

58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Basically MTV was scared shitless Britney would bomb again so they slotted her in after Beyonce so any hate would be absorbed up and distracted by how well Beyonce did.

But they weren't expecting Britney to actually do a decent job with a simple performance, yet now after Beyonce's 30 hour oddysey, it looks lackluster.

In conclusion, MTV ****** Britney over again.

She must only go to the BBMAs, where she actually is respected :thetea:

Just compare vma tribute versus BBMA tribute:zoomzoom:

52 minutes ago, Slave4yew said:

Exactly! 

I'd be pressed if I was a Rih stan. She could've slayed with one whole medley but she got overshadowed by Bey. Felt like she was getting the award instead. 

Oh well. Let's hope iHeart is 10x better

I actually thought that by the end riri was able to take back the night especially when she received her award. She didn't perform back to back with beyonce so it really helped people get over beyonce's performance by the time she performed again. The worst spot to be slotted  directly after a 15 minute huge concert production. 

11 minutes ago, A.D. said:

You win stan of the year tbh with your flawless posts :rihclap:

But we admit to admit that it's hilarious how Make Me is number 2 on iTunes and Carpool Karaoke's views are growing a mile a minute while Beyonka's songs climbed to the top 30 yet they're already flopping harder than any of her self-titled singles :hype:

Beyonka was performing a satanic ritual for 48 hours until Britney's simple yet **** performance cleansed us from that Illuminati mess :wannadie:

Love you sistren :drinky:

8 minutes ago, datbritney said:

She must only go to the BBMAs, where she actually is respected :thetea:

Just compare vma tribute versus BBMA tribute:zoomzoom:

even the cameras angles in BBMAs  better than VMAs aka BET awards :angietea:

I mean why zooming out while Britney was dancing in front of the screen and flipping her hair in front of G-Eazy? I've watched the videos from the audience and its much better  :wannadie:

4 minutes ago, Pikapi said:

even the cameras angles in BBMAs  better than VMAs aka BET awards :angietea:

I mean why zooming out while Britney was dancing in front of the screen and flipping her hair in front of G-Eazy? I've watched the videos from the audience and its much better  :wannadie:

Me too sis :embarrassney:, BBMA is the most iconic Britney modern era performance!

MTV is just some **** wannabe show tbfh:wannadie:

And besides that, the performance decision was a last minute thing and beyonce and her hubby had already bought the entire show

did you really think she would let Britney outshine her ego?:nothavingit:

1 hour ago, laurelhenessy said:

MTV ****** Britney and used her for the ratings. 

But I get what they're saying about Beyonce's performance not being on anyone's radar, so the anticipation is clearly building up for Britney coming into the award show. What is disappointing is that Britney's performance isn't half as long. Beyonce literally sucked all the energy in the room.

It was pointless. Every time a female artist is up for a Vanguard award, she does something obnoxious to upstage the recipient. It wasn't enough that she bought and paid for 7 awards. She had to buy airtime. Rihanna's people must be more pressed with this obnoxious stunt.

I don't see her pulling that stunt when JT was the recipient. We just need to wait though. The media will turn against her pretty soon. It's turning against Taylor Swift now. Beyonce will have her turn.

Build them up to watch them fall. I think so too.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

The article is a mess, but I think they're saying that MTV put her on after Beyoncé so expectations would be lowered.  Such bullshit. :brityeah:

I understood this as well... What a bunch of losers.
I thought her performance was great and it was very refreshing seeing her on stage all by herself without any dancers or props... I mean, when was the last time we saw Britney own a stage like that by herself? 

1 hour ago, ViciousVixen said:

They were basically saying that Britney did the best she could, and that no one should hold or compare her to Beyonce

That's not what it said at all. It said beyonce killed it and that britney was back. No where did it say that Britney did the best she could. It leaned more towards Britney was the same Britney as she was before the breakdown and energy and performance wise, she was. Sure she could have had better choreo but the song is mid tempo. If she would have kissed Madonna in that performance, it would have been considered iconic because she really did own that stage 

Archived