Glory Could Still Debut #1

anacondamp3

I just realized something, do y'all remember back when Drake's Views album was released and he had over a million first week sales because of the streams his singles from the album managed to pull in before the album was released, and how they counted towards the debut? Well, britney's biggest competitors for the #1 spot right now are Florida Georgia Line and Frank Ocean, but Frank's album debuted on this week's chart at #1 with 276k, and his second week won't be as strong as his first, plus his album is only streaming on Apple Music while Glory is available on every streaming platform. Florida Georiga Line's album isn't on Spotify either, so this explains why both Frank and FGL are ahead of Britney in terms of iTunes position; neither of them are streaming for free so people are buying instead of streaming them. This could work out to Britney's advantage because not only is she going to have her pure album sales, but the streams for Make Me on Spotify, Carpool Karaoke, the music video on YouTube, the audio on YouTube and the VMA's performance are all going to be counted towards Britney's debut. 1,500 streams count as 1 album sale according to the RIAA. That means on Spotify, based PURELY on Make Me and the promo singles, Clumsy, DYWCO? and Private Show, the album has sold 25.6k based on those 4 songs on Spotify alone. If you add that with her YouTube streams for Glory, which are 40.7k for Make Me's music video and audio plus 10.6k for Carpool Karaoke you get 51.3k. Add that onto her Spotify streams and Glory has sold 76.9k based on those few tracks/videos alone. Like I said before, Frank Ocean's album is only streaming on Apple Music and Florida Georiga Line doesn't even have their album available for streaming, just the single(s) and a few promo singles. Frank is at a even bigger disadvantage because he doesn't have any YouTube videos for this album to my knowledge, however FGL have a music video with around 60m views and some other much lesser viewed videos. But, this isn't counting Britney's pure album sales both digital and physical as well as the streams on Apple Music and Tidal, and the other non-single streams on Spotify. Plus, the VMA performance was just uploaded to VEVO and it will count as well, people will continue to watch the Make Me videos which will also rise up before the debut deadline. She has a VERY high chance of debuting #1 this time, don't let the iTunes chart fool you. Make Me is #2 and is very stable, plus there's a whole week to gain numbers. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Britney1092 said:

Youtube streams dont count for the album debut, only for the BB100. And i dont think that streams that came before the album release will count. We need to do something or it wont debut at #1...

youtube streams do count tho, and streams before the album release count as well 

see: http://www.complex.com/music/2016/04/drake-is-about-to-take-full-advantage-of-the-new-riaa-streaming-rules-with-views

3 minutes ago, Janice Litman said:

But HDD says it is going to get 15-20k additional sales from streaming.:idkney:

And your numbers look exaggerated.:donewithit:

The HDD doesn't know anything. Lmao. Had 300k (first week) sales forecast for the "Circus" album but she's sold 505k in the first week. :bthink:

7 minutes ago, Godlory said:

The HDD doesn't know anything. Lmao. Had 300k (first week) sales forecast for the "Circus" album but she's sold 505k in the first week. :bthink:

She is 40k away from FGL and this is not that big actually.:donewithit:Hope VMA helps.:otears:So far it has not.:tiffsniffle:

Archived