Hard Facts: Expected VMA impact

Sexy4u95

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you're right, but reading that article it said "Beyonce" sales went up 10k and "In The Lonely Hour" sales has a 6k increase, unless Britney's performance can totally blow Beyonce's performance out of the water from last year, which I'm hopeful but doubtful of, I don't know if 10k is even gonna make THAT huge of a difference.

Gosh it sucks, I'm assuming FGL and Barbra's album's didn't leak online ahead of time. If Glory was downloaded 200k times after the the leak happened,  if even 1/4 of those people would be buying the album now in addition to the 100k, we would be pretty solid for #1. It sucks people are always so excited for Britney's music and it leaks. TBH, billboard should start accounting for leaks if they can already somehow know it was dowloaded 200k times (in just the first 2 hours at that!!!) I mean I bet if you included all the leaks downloaded in the week before you could buy it she would easily have a 300k debut if not 500k or more! maybe even a million! so annoying. 

30 minutes ago, juniorcasemiro said:

She needs to sale at least 50k more to get the #1 tho... :(

Which would be a 50% increase. It's hard to tell really as it is a debut week for her whereas the other albums talked about were older releases. But if the percentages hold true there's a chance. Plus it doesn't mention streaming increases. I'd imagine that would be more.

23 minutes ago, SuperstarKED said:

Gosh it sucks, I'm assuming FGL and Barbra's album's didn't leak online ahead of time. If Glory was downloaded 200k times after the the leak happened,  if even 1/4 of those people would be buying the album now in addition to the 100k, we would be pretty solid for #1. It sucks people are always so excited for Britney's music and it leaks. TBH, billboard should start accounting for leaks if they can already somehow know it was dowloaded 200k times (in just the first 2 hours at that!!!) I mean I bet if you included all the leaks downloaded in the week before you could buy it she would easily have a 300k debut if not 500k or more! maybe even a million! so annoying. 

People need to get over the leaks tbh... There are two different people that download leaks:
1) superfans that can't hardly wait for the new album and will buy one copy at least
2) GP who wouldn't buy it even if it didn't leak

I have at least 3 or 4 friends that like Britney but didn't download the leaks and waited for the album to drop on Spotify/Apple Music.
Even if the 200k illegal downloads number is real, I HIGHLY doubt that at least 50% of these people would buy the album even if it didn't leak.
There are people that DON'T BUY music whatsoever, there are fans from other fanbases that wouldn't buy anyway... Just chill out about the leaks.

The album is making the same numbers as Brinty Jones did, RCA should've shipped more copies to the stores and promo should've started earlier, they've left everything to the last minute.

Archived